The worst beer I have ever tasted. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    when I used to play golf, many times each of our four-some would consume one Coors Lite per hole and finish the round with no discernible affects.

we just considered it 'hydrating'...
    Ditto.

It's like bud light lite.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    In 1989 I spent a summer in the Soviet Union and the beer, numerous brands, was swill. Hard to describe the flavor, but you really would not likely identify it as beer. One name I remember, I think, was Baltiskie (Baltic). Hence, vodka and cognac was preferred. I had a Russian beer (in the US) within the past few years and it wasn’t bad, so clearly the fall of communism has benefited the Russian brewing industry.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Sweet Baby Jesus Beer -- chocolate peanut butter porter. I have no idea why I bought a bottle of this stuff, but it really did taste strongly like peanut butter and chocolate.

In high school and college, we drank the sh!t out of Busch beer. Years later I was handed one at a friend's house. I really wanted a cold beer, but i couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Andy -- The Belgians do good things with fruit in their beers. Try a bottle of cherry (kriek) beer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    For being the capital of Germany, Berlin's local beers (Schultheiss and Berliner Kindl) are both very subpar.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    I generally agree, but there are exceptions.

Flying dog's Bloodline Blood Orange IPA is really good with mexican food. In the summer.
    I actually didn't mind a sort of grapefruit IPA I tried. It was still an IPA, and it didn't have a grapefruit taste to it, just a sort of slightly different bitterness from the usual IPA
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Any light to amber color beer is the worst beer I've ever tasted, I've yet to find one in those color ranges I liked, I tried so many I gave up many years ago; I like only dark blackish brown colored beer with a strong flavor, and my favorite is Russian Imperial Stout. Russian Imperial Stout does have more alcohol in it then regular American or European beer so you have to be a bit more responsible when drinking it, so all I ever drink when they have it at a restaurant is one bottle, I do on occasion buy it from a store to drink at home as well. There are several different brands of this stuff and all the ones I've tried I liked tremendously, it's the best beer...in my opinion of course!

Beetpull DeLite
    Horse Piss from Bluegrass Brewing. Tasted as bad as it sounds.

I've had several from a local place called 450 North that are bad. They're always overcarbonated and fizzy, so you have to open them over a sink and them leave them there as they spill all over the place.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Warm (maybe hot) --- label memories fade (thankfully) over time.
    Last edited by troutmd; 01-31-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The rise of Micro Brewers (can't swing a dead horse without hitting one here) and Craft/Artisanals (yes, both beer words), perceptions of beerage will change and perhaps, rightfully so. Most modern era beers are slicked up versions of what woulda' flowed out a tap 100 years ago... and 1000 years ago, the drink had to be capable of self animation to be considered beer.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harryman View Post
    Sours in general. IMO, evidence that marketing guys can trick people into buying spoiled beer.

I adhere to the Reinheitsgebot with beer that I'm buying, American beer has just gotten silly with added fruit, pretzels and graham crackers. That being said, I'll drink whatever you're offering.
    I always find it interesting that folks can drink bitter beers and rave but can't handle sours. I can drink both, they each have their place and time. I think Gueuze Tilquin is an amazing beer. German Gose beers have fruit in them so there must be some exceptions to the Reinheitsgebot .
    I saw a Kimchi Flavored Beer, I didn't try it, but I'm gonna guess worst ever
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    I actually didn't mind a sort of grapefruit IPA I tried. It was still an IPA, and it didn't have a grapefruit taste to it, just a sort of slightly different bitterness from the usual IPA
    Amarillo, Cascade, Chinook, Comet and numerous other Hop varietals all have a grapefruit taste to them. So adding the actual fruit to an IPA wasn't that much of a leap. Mike Hess Grapefruit Solis is an outstanding example. When we go to Ballast Point we will get a mixture of Habanero Sculpin and Pineapple Sculpin. It is quite tasty

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    https://valkyriebrewery.com/raven_queen/index.html

Raven Queen is a Black Wheat India Pale Ale brewed with roasted wheat, dark malts and Star Anise for a hint of Black Licorice.

My wife picked this out, which I did not understand. The beers she likes are generally good, but... she does not like dark beers as a rule, nor IPAs, and heavy malt is not to her liking. She also does not like licorice.

It had NO redeeming qualities. Two sips and I dumped it. Super bitter. As in I tried to make it into an asian style bbq sauce, and even with tons of heat and vinegar and sugar the bitterness hit hard on the back end. It kind of worked for oven ribs, but still.

This knocks my former worst out of the top slot by a long shot. It was a tangerine brown ale. It was like a brown ale chased with tangerine juice, very disjointed. But not to the level of inducing nausea at the thought of another drink. Raven Queen did exactly that.

What's the worst you've ever had?
    try to find Stone's Black IPA it is quite tasty, but sometimes hard to find.

https://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/sp...#ageGatePassed

Mikkeller Hop Breakfast is tasty too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by .je View Post
    Incomparably the worst beer I have ever tasted was the U-Brew experiment me and a few friends did in Uni. Even I couldn't finish a bottle. My roommate and I had people over frequently and they quickly 'declined' an offer of free beer after the first one.
    Similar experience here. College roommate tried his hand brewing, and my first taste of his product flew out faster than it went in. But he took the rest to his photography class, and they slurped it down. Only later did he realize that he'd mixed in the bottle cleaner with the more tasty ingredients.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've had some pretty pretentious IPAs, so much that I am totally over uber hoppy brews. Why can't micro brewers get that beer is rather simple but also easy to screw up with "interpretations". It's like deconstructed food, unless it improves on the original just save your energy for getting the best ingredients and then just present them.
    I've always preferred malty ales and a good oyster stout is pretty much hard to beat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Most micro brews popping up have a few decent standard beers but most others they have taste like ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plag View Post
    but most others they have taste like ass.
    Salty musky beer. Is that good?

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    I always find it interesting that folks can drink bitter beers and rave but can't handle sours. I can drink both, they each have their place and time. I think Gueuze Tilquin is an amazing beer. German Gose beers have fruit in them so there must be some exceptions to the Reinheitsgebot .
    I saw a Kimchi Flavored Beer, I didn't try it, but I'm gonna guess worst ever
    Sour beers aren't stale beers as someone on this thread suggested.

They're their own thing there. Whoa. 3 versions of the the there word in one sentence, all correctly used.

Anyway, I don't like beers that just add hops beyond what is tasty, just to be the most bitter microbrew of the day.

But I like a well made sour beer. It's an acquired taste. It's like any strong libation. You can't judge how you'll like the whole glass based on one or two sips.

That said, I wouldn't want to drink a sour beer made by the same people who make horribly over-hopped IPA and lagers just to win some dumb "bitterest beer" contest that seems to be going on.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Sour beers aren't stale beers as someone on this thread suggested.

They're their own thing there. Whoa. 3 versions of the the there word in one sentence, all correctly used.

Anyway, I don't like beers that just add hops beyond what is tasty, just to be the most bitter microbrew of the day.

But I like a well made sour beer. It's an acquired taste. It's like any strong libation. You can't judge how you'll like the whole glass based on one or two sips.

That said, I wouldn't want to drink a sour beer made by the same people who make horribly over-hopped IPA and lagers just to win some dumb "bitterest beer" contest that seems to be going on.
    Help me out with this one - I thought originally that sour beers were indicative of a spoiled or bad fermentation of a specific type of beer (back in the day, of course). Lambics and fruit beers were invented to cover the sour flavor and sell it. The modern sour ale is an intentionally funkified beer; in other words, they're not technically 'bad' beers because they were designed to give this specific spoiled flavor. Or, to put it another way, modern breweries have figured out this specific spoilage and have utilized it to craft a palatable beer.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plag View Post
    Most micro brews popping up have a few decent standard beers but most others they have taste like ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    … never ceases to amaze me how many people know what "ass" tastes like...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    … never ceases to amaze me how many people know what "ass" tastes like...
    considering how much of the population spends such vast amounts of time and money chasing it, not really.

Darling of The Lounge
    When I was in service, my unit deployed to Idaho to setup a radar site atop a mountain to during the heat of the summer. Our 1st Sergeant went down to town and picked up cases of Schaefer's Lite. It was awful yet at the same time refreshing. Later in my career, I was stationed in Greenland and the base ran out of American beer. We had to endure many weeks of nasty Danish Tuborg beer before a shipment stateside stuff arrived.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2019
    Rolling Rock tastes like Vomit to me

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Help me out with this one - I thought originally that sour beers were indicative of a spoiled or bad fermentation of a specific type of beer (back in the day, of course). Lambics and fruit beers were invented to cover the sour flavor and sell it. The modern sour ale is an intentionally funkified beer; in other words, they're not technically 'bad' beers because they were designed to give this specific spoiled flavor. Or, to put it another way, modern breweries have figured out this specific spoilage and have utilized it to craft a palatable beer.

I can't help you, fuj.

I'm a drinker, not a brewer.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyNee View Post
    Rolling Rock tastes like Vomit to me
    That's a feature, not a bug.

It's made to taste the same coming out of your mouth as it did going into your mouth.

What the Hell is going on
    Although there's a new company bearing this moniker, ironically the worst beer I've ever tasted was called Bicycle beer. It only came in flavors and is no longer available.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast