The Worth of a Man
    RoadBikeReview Member

The Worth of a Man

… granted, the idea is still fresh in her mind... but it's got to sting just a l'il bit knowing you're not worth a share of $162.5M. I think he will get over it on his first trip to Vegas.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    … granted, the idea is still fresh in her mind... but it's got to sting just a l'il bit knowing you're not worth a share of $162.5M. I think he will get over it on his first trip to Vegas.
    Not surprised at all. I wouldn’t want my ex wife back even if she turns into a billionaire overnight and I was single.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Not surprised at all. I wouldn’t want my ex wife back even if she turns into a billionaire overnight and I was single.
    EXTREMELY easy to say, much harder to validate.

Kinda like sayin' you'd never eat the foot of your dead bud after being stranded atop an Andean peak without food for three weeks...

Ironically, for many couples in the US, some sources will cite finances as the initial basis for marital discord. While I actually took the opportunity to talk to my Ex along these lines (she invited me to a reunion with old friends where I met her new husband and discovered she was pregnant... you can' make this schitt up) and I told her "I will always love you but I can't stand you so please never contact me again", it took me another 10 years or so before the sick ass dreams of some kind of reconciliation faded. Our break was about 80% religion with money thrown on top to seal the deal (see?? I'm still a tad BITTER 27 years later). She once told me she was sorry and she had listened to the wrong (religious) folks (another twist the knife slowly moment) Sigh.

I'd take her back just long enuff to get my share, then show her the same curb (it was a life threatening curb) she showed me but she dead now so that's that (friends and family think I'm better than that <>).

On an aside, in those 20+ years, I DID (True Confessions) fantasize about hitting a lottery so's I could shove that in her face (her life before me, at least from a money POV had been a mild riches to rags story as her dad drank the family business and she tended to seek those dollars again).

On my side of the equation, she was the real deal. Never wanted to go through that again. There, I got that out (breath in breath out).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    EXTREMELY easy to say, much harder to validate.

Kinda like sayin' you'd never eat the foot of your dead bud after being stranded atop an Andean peak without food for three weeks...

Ironically, for many couples in the US, some sources will cite finances as the initial basis for marital discord. While I actually took the opportunity to talk to my Ex along these lines (she invited me to a reunion with old friends where I met her new husband and discovered she was pregnant... you can' make this schitt up) and I told her "I will always love you but I can't stand you so please never contact me again", it took me another 10 years or so before the sick ass dreams of some kind of reconciliation faded. Our break was about 80% religion with money thrown on top to seal the deal (see?? I'm still a tad BITTER 27 years later). She once told me she was sorry and she had listened to the wrong (religious) folks (another twist the knife slowly moment) Sigh.

I'd take her back just long enuff to get my share, then show her the same curb (it was a life threatening curb) she showed me but she dead now so that's that (friends and family think I'm better than that <>).

On an aside, in those 20+ years, I DID (True Confessions) fantasize about hitting a lottery so's I could shove that in her face (her life before me, at least from a money POV had been a mild riches to rags story as her dad drank the family business and she tended to seek those dollars again).

On my side of the equation, she was the real deal. Never wanted to go through that again. There, I got that out (breath in breath out).

Sorry,you don’t got me there. I dumped my ex wife for the woman I live with and had a son with now. Offer me Jeff Bezos money to dump everything and go single again and i’ll tell you no hands down. C’mon it’s only ****in.g money..
    And yes,I would eat my buddy corpse if stuck on Himalaya big time..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    And yes,I would eat my buddy corpse if stuck on Himalaya big time..
    I said Andean peak. You'd a been eaten by a Yeti in the Himalayans on the third day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I said Andean peak. You'd a been eaten by a Yeti in the Himalayans on the third day.
    I said Himalaya just because they are taller than Andes..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just stay away from those "rub and tug" massage places. They're not legal in Nevada and they'll bust you no matter how wealthy you are (Go Pats! lol...).