Yo J's and Memphis fokes...
    Shirtcocker

Yo J's and Memphis fokes...

Y'all OK down there? Looks like lots of flooding.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Last edited by matanza; 08-26-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by matanza
    Unless he lost it crossing the big muddy, he probably beat it to high ground on the moto! Or he's on the fish the vagrants out of the river detail for the Memphis PD.
    I bet his basement dungeon has flooded. Oh the Huge Manatee!!

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Call me a Fred
    Are they issuing water wings?
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker
    Are they issuing water wings?
    It's worse than I thought...

Non non normal
    Quote Originally Posted by haiku d'etat
    were on alert at work and all days off are suspended ufn. river is higher than I've ever seen. most of tue tributaries are flowing backwards. casa j is on semi high ground so no worries there. but it is borderline disaster/catastrophic in parts local.

I would assume if it gets real bad you all have to go on the anti-looting and get me a boat team.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II

were on alert at work and all days off are suspended ufn. river is higher than I've ever seen. most of the tributaries are flowing backwards. casa j is on semi high ground so no worries there. but it is borderline disaster/catastrophic in parts local.
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

hit it
    Language NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    Having lived in Memphis, pics are uber scary. Be safe out there.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

jaded bitter joy crusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Reference: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=82839
    Fredke commented in your thread. You won't believe what happens next!

Honey Smack!
    were on alert at work and all days off are suspended ufn. river is higher than I've ever seen. most of the tributaries are flowing backwards. casa j is on semi high ground so no worries there. but it is borderline disaster/catastrophic in parts local.
    I would say come flee to me...but it'd take you 15 hours to get here....
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredke
    LOL great link!
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider
    I would assume if it gets real bad you all have to go on the anti-looting and get me a boat team.
    gets? LOL

Misfit Toy
    J's - where do your parents live? They OK? How about Handsome Rob?
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Shirtcocker
    HR is closer to one of the major tributaries of the mississippi river at memphis, and over the last two weeks i worked concentrating in his area. there was some flooding a few miles from his house, but limited.

my parents' farm is an hour from my place (or 20 minutes if somebody's been shot and i'm driving, LOL), and about 90 minutes from the mississippi.

i think the primary concern now, aside from downtown, is sewers & drainage backing up. the river is supposd to peak mid-week (today/tomorrow), but who knows. they might as well throw bones or read entrails..

pic from last week. i was on this trail during mtb training the week before. there is a large roundabout-type vehicle turnaround, and there are 6-8 parking spots underwater here. last i checked (friday?), this spot had completely dried out and was once again fully accessable.
    Stay safe...hope the worst of it is over.

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    J's - where do your parents live? They OK? How about Handsome Rob?
    HR is closer to one of the major tributaries of the mississippi river at memphis, and over the last two weeks i worked concentrating in his area. there was some flooding a few miles from his house, but limited.

my parents' farm is an hour from my place (or 20 minutes if somebody's been shot and i'm driving, LOL), and about 90 minutes from the mississippi.

i think the primary concern now, aside from downtown, is sewers & drainage backing up. the river is supposd to peak mid-week (today/tomorrow), but who knows. they might as well throw bones or read entrails..

pic from last week. i was on this trail during mtb training the week before. there is a large roundabout-type vehicle turnaround, and there are 6-8 parking spots underwater here. last i checked (friday?), this spot had completely dried out and was once again fully accessable.
    Attached Images Attached Images