• 09-06-2008
    Dave Hickey
    2 Attachment(s)
    You don't see these everyday
    You don't see these everyday...especially alive...I spotted him on the side of the road during my ride.... cute little bugger
  • 09-06-2008
    firstrax
    Are they friendly?
  • 09-06-2008
    Creakyknees
    Quote:

Originally Posted by firstrax
    Are they friendly?

If "friendly" means "can give you leprosy," then, yes.
  • 09-06-2008
    Aeroryder
    Thats so cool!!! I love them!!!!!!!!
  • 09-06-2008
    Dave Hickey
    yeah...they won't attack...they'll run the other way....
  • 09-06-2008
    SystemShock
    Ah, armadillahs... they look like little tiny armored pig-rats. :lol:

I bet they make interesting pets.... though I'd rather have a ferret.

• 09-06-2008
    Marc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    yeah...they won't attack...they'll run the other way....

Was this a ride find or a lawn find?

Their pretty cute tho'
  • 09-06-2008
    Dave Hickey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Room 1201
    Was this a ride find or a lawn find?

Their pretty cute tho'

It was a ride find...he was on the side of the road. unfortunately he's probably a speed bump by now....
  • 09-06-2008
    svend
    Quote:

You don't see these everyday...especially alive...I spotted him on the side of the road during my ride.... cute little bugger

what a coincidence, on my ride today I saw two armadillos wrestling under a hawtties tight skirt while
    she was walking back from the beach....seriously, it was amazing
  • 09-06-2008
    abiciriderback
    Very cool my wife volunteers at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle on Saturday's. She is in the nocturnal exhibit and works with armadillos as well as bats and a bunch of other nocturnal animals. She said she was surprised you saw it in daylight. She thought they were a nocturnal animal.

Ray Still
  • 09-06-2008
    MB1
    How do they taste?
  • 09-06-2008
    Dave Hickey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by svend
    what a coincidence, on my ride today I saw two armadillos wrestling under a hawtties tight skirt while
    she was walking back from the beach....seriously, it was amazing

and where is the picture?
  • 09-06-2008
    Dave Hickey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MB1
    How do they taste?

you have to ask? chicken of course!
  • 09-06-2008
    svend
    Quote:

and where is the picture?

I was in red skinsuit mode and so was going much too fast to whip out the camera phone...:D

/ actually I was kinda dumbstruck by the awesomeness and it never occured to me....
    Major Fail as I was at a stoplight...:(
  • 09-06-2008
    HokieRider
    when I camped across the country we stayed in a place where wild buffalo freely roam (insert song here). that night i was on the phone with Ejdo and I heard a terrible racket. I started giving him the "OMG I'm going to die being trampled by a buffalo" speech, when a d*mn armidillo wandered out of the bushes. Freakin things are blind as a bat and make a ton of noise moving around. Scared the crap outta me.
  • 09-06-2008
    mickey-mac
    i wish i'd brought a camera on my ride this a.m. to capture critters. apparently tarantula season started this week. damn things were everywhere.
  • 09-06-2008
    kykr13
    Quote:

You don't see these everyday...especially alive...

Last time I was in Texas, I saw these guys five times. If you put together all the parts you'd have about 2-1/3 whole animals, more or less. :eek:
  • 09-06-2008
    weltyed
    we saw one at the zoo last week. it stunk so bad. woulda taken a pic but it was "reclining."
  • 09-06-2008
    tomk96
    Quote:

Originally Posted by weltyed
    we saw one at the zoo last week. it stunk so bad. woulda taken a pic but it was "reclining."

is that c0de for exposing itself?
  • 09-06-2008
    bigbill
    Possum (opossum) on the half shell. A real delicacy.
  • 09-06-2008
    Pbrink
    I remember seeing one that had been run over once... by a train. Poor guy got split over the rail.
  • 09-06-2008
    GiantJ
    I see 1 and 3/4 armadillos on the way to class every morning.

Hit one in my truck one time too, and almost hit one with my bike. They really are pretty much blind.
  • 09-06-2008
    MB1
    Quote:

you have to ask? chicken of course!

Wet or dry rub?
  • 09-06-2008
    jkp41
    I didn't realize that they weren't everywhere until I moved to memphis. Back home in south mississippi they are a nuisance, but they are apparently pretty new in tennessee. Up here, they're seen as cute but I've only ever seen them as a pain in the @ss
  • 09-07-2008
    fmbp
    I've been in Texas for 3 years now and have yet to see a live one. They are some stinky mothers when flattened on the road.