2009 Lynskey R430
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

2009 Lynskey R430

Purchased a 2009 Lynskey R430 racing frame (54 CM) with Alpha GS 10 fork, Chris King headset and 2009 Shimano SL groupset for a screaming deal this weekend. I'm currently riding a 2000 Klein Quantum Race with mix of Sram Red/Rival parts and custom aluminum wheelset.

Anyone wanna help me decide whether swap frames or keep the Klein? What sort of improvements, if any, would be noticeable?photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

photo.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Are they the same size? Effective top tube?

The Quantums were really stiff frames. Nice for crits but could by harsh for long rides. IIRC, the R430 is one of the stiffer Lynskeys but is probably still a more comfortable than the Klein.

The Klein has nicer paint.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    The Klein is just a smidge big (56 CM size, top tube is 58 actual CM), the Lynskey might be a smidge small (54 top tube), but figured I can just use a 110 or 120 mm stem whereas I was running a 100 mm stem for the Klein.

Juanmoretime
    If you are unsure of fit and want to make sure the Lynskey is right for you I would temporarily swap parts and once you know the fit and ride is right build it up how you really want it.

Welcome to the Lynskey family! My 2008 R320 remains my favorite bike going on 5 years. Every time I ride it I fall in love again. If the fit is right I'm sure you will too.
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!