I Think It's Ti'me!
    T K
    wasssabi

I Think It's Ti'me!

Been lusting me some Lynskey for a while.
    Back story. Been on aluminum and carbon for years. Bought a Bianchi el os, first steel bike, a couple years ago and it was a game changer. That smooth lively feel was like no other. Problem was, a bit too noodley for me. Got a Cannondale Synapse carbon, ride was great, felt kind of dead and relax geo is not for me. Got a Soma Smoothie, love it. Ride is smooth, geometry works great but just does not have that lively feel the Bianchi did.
    So that brings me back to thinking Ti. I think the Rouleur sounds like a good choice. I need an every day, put lots of miles on bike. I have a new Caad 10 for a race bike. I just want a bike I can ride the stuffing out of for years to come. If I could only have one bike the 230 sounds perfect, but I have the caad for race day I just need the every day bike.
    So, I see an overseas site has Rouluers for under $900 US in industrial mill finish. If money were no object I would go bright brushed, but I think industrial mill is close.
    Does anybody see any reason I should not jump on this?
    Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by T K; 12-07-2014 at 07:25 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Yes. Why would you buy a frame that was supposedly built in the U.S., then shipped overseas, to only be shipped back to you for the sale?

I'd be suspicious of the the dealer, the deal, or the authenticity of the Lynskey i.e., is it a Chinese knock-off?

I also don't think you're going to find the Lynskey 230 as stiff as you expect. Titanium tubes have to be larger than steel tubes to provide an equivalent stiffness. However, there are limits to some of the tube diameters such as the chainstays, and due to costs of the lower tiered Lynskey's such as the 230. Lynskey's are great bikes regardless.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Call Lynskey and talk to Don. For that matter, talk to anyone. They will advise you on the dealer. They are good people and their willingness to just help is why I am on my Lynskey now. I love my 255 and am not even thinking I will need anything else for along time.

Call them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    SWAG, the dealer is Chain Reaction Cycles.

T K
    wasssabi
    Let me first say, I did plan on calling Lynskey before I did anything.
    As far as the dealer, they are one of the three biggest UK dealers I know of. And, as far as the deal, seems all the 2014s are on sale and the Rouluer and Peloton have been discontinued so they are on clearance. Even Adrenaline has them greatly reduced.

T K
    wasssabi
    Quote Originally Posted by ibericb View Post
    SWAG, the dealer is Chain Reaction Cycles.
    Dude, yer killing me! Was trying to keep it on the down low until I got mine!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012

I Think It's Ti'me!

If you are considering the Rouluer go for the sportive! I think they are 40% off and they upgraded my frame finish for free. Same geometry just a lil different tubeset. Ive been happy with mine.

Giant xtc
    Lemond Wayzata

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I talked to them when the Silver series was just ready and shipping. The conversation concluded that on a 60 and 225 lbs at the time they were sure I would not be happy with it. FWIW, call them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robt57/Me!
    Everything you read that I post is just '1' guy's opinion, try to sort it all out best you can. ;) I will try to add value in my posts, if I miss the mark please let me know using a little decorum.

T K
    wasssabi
    Quote Originally Posted by ridefast84 View Post
    If you are considering the Rouluer go for the sportive! I think they are 40% off and they upgraded my frame finish for free. Same geometry just a lil different tubeset. Ive been happy with mine.

That's great, but the Sportive is twice the price. The only reason I am even considering this is because of the sub $900 sale price of the Rouleur.
    Looking at the geo chart again I see what could be a deal breaker. The head tube length is 155 mm. I want to use the 3T fork that is on my Soma that is barely long enough for its 145mm head tube. If I have to buy a new fork that kind of sours the sweet deal.
    Might lean me back to that Gunnar Roadie.
    Last edited by T K; 12-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    I too have been looking at a Lynskey frame on this site but was wondering what extra charges would be involved ( duties, taxes, brokerage charge, etc.) I bought a di2 group from Merlin a year ago thinking I got a great deal only to get a brokerage fee upon delivery from UPS that soured the great deal into a deal I could have got just buying from a US retailer. Emailing them hasn't got me any concrete answers about this question is what is holding me back. Any 1st experience with CRC buying a frame to the US would be appreciated.

Calm like a Bomb..
    Chainreaction is a legit dealer. The Roleur looks to be discontinued, although the frameset is never really discontinued they just keep changing the name. Looks like the R140 may be the same frame. Anyhow, I love mine...only thing I wish I did differently was get a frame with fender mounts.

The industrial mill finish is great, doesn't show a thing and is very durable

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    They discontinued the Roleur and Peloton and started the r140. IIRC the r140 uses the same tube set and Geo as the Roluer. But the Chainstay are able to accommodate up to 28 tires like the Peloton.

This would be m[ore accurate
    VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-TKx9faCJQ[/VIDEO]

Calm like a Bomb..

I Think It's Ti'me!

Hmm, my roleur fits 28's

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    Hmm, my roleur fits 28's
    Yeah, I believe when Lynskey Quotes tire sizes, they include fenders. Also, I think they are conservative. They say the Sportive goes up to 28's and when I was buying my r255 the guys mentioned that they once had 32's on a sportive (no fenders).

T K
    wasssabi
    Well, think I've decided to stick with my Soma Smoothie for now. It really is a fine bike. Think I'll spend that money on some new dual carbs for my bug or a new trolling motor for the boat.
    Got to spread the love to all the big boy toys.