New Lynskey R340 orderd - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sally 600, I did check out other Lynskey's including the R440, as well as Habanero (which is actually more money then the Lynskey which is odd being an Asian made frame), but price is the main concern. I one of those guys that is a tight wad and can't see the need or reason of getting a more expensive frame. Originally I had settled on getting a Motobecane TI, but when Lynskey came out with the Silver Peloton model, and at Adrenaline cycles I can get a better fork, headset, and wheels then the Motobecane for a bit more money but not as much as the next step up in the Lynskey models or the Habanero, I'm pretty much decided on the better Lynskey Peloton instead of the Motobecane since this will probably be my last new bike purchase.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I have a Lynskey Cooper built with mostly 105. The upgrades I have done are to 105 crankset and brakeset. I was not happy with the FSA parts in that area. I also have the standard Easton EC70 fork - and again, I am looking to upgrade to the Enve fork in the future.

It would have been more cost efficient for me to do these upgrades when I bought the bike, so you doing your upgrades now is the way to go.
    Last edited by Vitamin G; 04-06-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: clarity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Newnan3 View Post
    I have more toe overlap on my 340 than i did on my previous bike. Slightly annoying but it only occurs at walking speeds.

Overall it fits better than my last bike so I guess thats all that matters.
    Yeah I have some toe overlap on my small R340 but its not really been a problem because I am usually going fast in a straight line, seldom crawl! It feels good to be back on this bike after a long winter of fat biking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been doing some research too, and it seems a lot of various forums have questionable results with FSA products, so when I order my Lynskey I'll substitute that brand out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    I've been doing some research too, and it seems a lot of various forums have questionable results with FSA products, so when I order my Lynskey I'll substitute that brand out.
    Not sure what brand you like but the 3T stem, bar, and seat post have worked very nice for me. Of course the ENVE stuff is nice but you will pay more for it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman View Post
    Not sure what brand you like but the 3T stem, bar, and seat post have worked very nice for me. Of course the ENVE stuff is nice but you will pay more for it.
    The Lynskey doesn't come with a fork, so after doing some research and after talking to Adrenaline about it, all the advice pointed toward the Enve 2.0 because it is supposedly the strongest CF fork for a road bike on the market. I could get a lighter and cheaper forks but I don't want problems with my fork, so for the additional $220 for that fork I think it's worth the price to get the durability. I know that Enve (from what I've read) states that for normal riders the 1.0 is all they need, the 2.0 is for crits and or larger riders, that may be true, and I don't do crits nor am I a larger rider, but I feel the stoutness of the 2.0 due to the thicker layup would be a stronger fork. Besides if I do decide to go back into racing I'll have a fork capable of handling it. I don't want to save $200 or so on a lower quality fork at build time only to find out in 5 years or so I have to replace it and spend $400 or so to do it.

Adrenalin does offer the Lynskey Sport carbon fork for just $140 but I can't get any information on that fork.

Here is one forum discussing the differences between the 1.0 and the 2.0 if anyone is interested in reading about it: Enve 1.0 and 2.0 fork - Is there a difference? - Weight Weenies

Not sure if Adrenaline offers 3TTT products, I'll check when I order the bike.

As always any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    The Lynskey doesn't come with a fork, so after doing some research and after talking to Adrenaline about it, all the advice pointed toward the Enve 2.0 because it is supposedly the strongest CF fork for a road bike on the market. I could get a lighter and cheaper forks but I don't want problems with my fork, so for the additional $220 for that fork I think it's worth the price to get the durability. I know that Enve (from what I've read) states that for normal riders the 1.0 is all they need, the 2.0 is for crits and or larger riders, that may be true, and I don't do crits nor am I a larger rider, but I feel the stoutness of the 2.0 due to the thicker layup would be a stronger fork. Besides if I do decide to go back into racing I'll have a fork capable of handling it. I don't want to save $200 or so on a lower quality fork at build time only to find out in 5 years or so I have to replace it and spend $400 or so to do it.

Adrenalin does offer the Lynskey Sport carbon fork for just $140 but I can't get any information on that fork.

Here is one forum discussing the differences between the 1.0 and the 2.0 if anyone is interested in reading about it: Enve 1.0 and 2.0 fork - Is there a difference? - Weight Weenies

Not sure if Adrenaline offers 3TTT products, I'll check when I order the bike.

As always any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I use the 2.0 ENVE fork and very stiff, it has worked very good and would get another! I would stay away from the Easton as others have said it is not as stiff.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I use the 2.0 ENVE fork and very stiff, it has worked very good and would get another! I would stay away from the Easton as others have said it is not as stiff.
    that's exactly what I've been hearing too. And I haven't found any articles of Enve 2.0 forks failing, having problems, or having recalls whereas some other brands including the Easton have had issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Frose, the price gap to Motobecane is growing. And who knows if it is "better Lynskey Peloton".
    Very interesting thread, as I have the same dilemma: BikesDirect or Adrenaline
    Although I have been riding for 25 years, I do not think I am good enough or need R340 or Helix and 105 group is always good enough.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Frose, the price gap to Motobecane is growing. And who knows if it is "better Lynskey Peloton".
    Very interesting thread, as I have the same dilemma: BikesDirect or Adrenaline
    Although I have been riding for 25 years, I do not think I am good enough or need R340 or Helix and 105 group is always good enough.
    Are you leaning in one direction more heavily then another? if so why?

I was all set to get the Motobecane but the new models are going to go with disk brakes...I don't want disk brakes period, that's why I'm leaning away from Motobecane; and Motobecane doesn't offer any Campy offerings which is kind of strange but that by it self didn't push me towards the Lysnkey, it was the disk brakes that did that.

I know I'm not going to get a R340 or a Helix, I'm not at that level either unless I just wanted to be showy, that's why I'm leaning towards the Silver Peleton and the Peleton in particular due to it's more relaxed riding position of the other Silver offering. And it's also why I considering Rival or Athena because I don't need the other better group models, but I won't consider anything Shimano for a new purchase...I'm weird about Shimano, it's a long and boring story!

RoadBikeReview Member

New Lynskey R340 orderd

Are you leaning in one direction more heavily then another? if so why?

I was all set to get the Motobecane but the new models are going to go with disk brakes...I don't want disk brakes period, that's why I'm leaning away from Motobecane; and Motobecane doesn't offer any Campy offerings which is kind of strange but that by it self didn't push me towards the Lysnkey, it was the disk brakes that did that.

I know I'm not going to get a R340 or a Helix, I'm not at that level either unless I just wanted to be showy, that's why I'm leaning towards the Silver Peleton and the Peleton in particular due to it's more relaxed riding position of the other Silver offering. And it's also why I considering Rival or Athena because I don't need the other better group models, but I won't consider anything Shimano for a new purchase...I'm weird about Shimano, it's a long and boring story!
    Have you looked at the Lynskey R230? I'm building one up now so I can't comment on the ride just yet but I researched it to death. Ride quality and performance seem to be its characteristics. Check out the reviews online as I did. I really liked what I read. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep rolling
    2013 Lynskey R230. Campy Chorus 11 speed.
    2013 Giant Defy Advanced SL. Ultegra DI2 11 speed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy View Post
    Have you looked at the Lynskey R230? I'm building one up now so I can't comment on the ride just yet but I researched it to death. Ride quality and performance seem to be its characteristics. Check out the reviews online as I did. I really liked what I read. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep rolling
    I looked at the R230 but I don't really want Shimano products if possible. I would do it if I was going lower price point with the Motobecane, but I'm not paying that much to have it on a Lynskey. And for the additional $300 that the Peloton will cost over the R230 I get the Enve 2.0 fork and Campy Athena. I still need to talk to Adrenaline more too about the R230 and if they can do what I want done to the Peloton for similar price then we may go that route; whatever happens I'm calling Adrenalin Monday and plan on discussing it more and hopefully ordering one of them that day.

RoadBikeReview Member

New Lynskey R340 orderd

I looked at the R230 but I don't really want Shimano products if possible. I would do it if I was going lower price point with the Motobecane, but I'm not paying that much to have it on a Lynskey. And for the additional $300 that the Peloton will cost over the R230 I get the Enve 2.0 fork and Campy Athena. I still need to talk to Adrenaline more too, I plan on ordering it this coming Monday.
    Sounds like a great bike and well thought out. I'm building mine up with Campy Chorus as I really enjoy my current bike with Campy. Also went with the Enve 2.0 fork. Great minds think a like

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy View Post
    Sounds like a great bike and well thought out. I'm building mine up with Campy Chorus as I really enjoy my current bike with Campy. Also went with the Enve 2.0 fork. Great minds think a like
    LOL, yeah I guess so!!! I like the Athena alloy group because I have this weird aversion to black bike parts that look too common, plasticy, and industrial; so the alloy look will make it look different then other modern bikes I see.

I'm a tightwad, so it took about 2 years for me to finally make a decision, then my wife, who is not a cyclist nor understands this obsession with bikes would not relent saying I already have bikes...yes I do, but I want something lighter, all my road bikes are steel, all but one is from the 80's, and the newest one is from 07 but it's a touring bike, this one will my first new road race frame bike since 1987! And it will probably be my last new bike. I will always keep my eye open for vintage deals though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    On all the forums I read--- I got a Moots and it is fantastic,I got a Lynskey and I love it , my Motobecane is great. Also it is funny how no publication has ever done side by side road test of these. The reason to buy from Adrenaline is that they match Lynskey direct prices and you can try the frame for size.

RoadBikeReview Member

New Lynskey R340 orderd

I can't comment on the price I received from Lynskey direct but they have been wonderful. Looking forward to comparing this titanium ride to my current carbon ride. Hope I like it From what I read it should be very nice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    On all the forums I read--- I got a Moots and it is fantastic,I got a Lynskey and I love it , my Motobecane is great. Also it is funny how no publication has ever done side by side road test of these. The reason to buy from Adrenaline is that they match Lynskey direct prices and you can try the frame for size.
    Which Lysnkey did you get? And which Moto did you get? Comparing the two what are your thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Hi, been reading the thread and thought I share a pix of my R340. Enjoy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echeng View Post
    Nice, interesting mix of new school with a touch of old school.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by echeng View Post
    Looks absolutely amazing..whats the bar tape? Looking for a similar bartape. Is that Yishun Dam btw?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Haha .. never thought I would meet a fellow Singaporean here and with such keen observation! Yes, it is Yishun Dam.

Both Bar Tap n Saddle are from Brooks England. Gruppo Record 11 with Thomson seat post. Wheels is Reynolds 46. Fork is Enve 2
    I had meant to set up a retro bike feel and yes, a new n old touch. It rides as what everyone here already know; smooth and climbs very well. It goes on par with my other 2 bikes; Dogma 65.1 n Cipollini Logos. Of course those 2 carbon bikes give different rides and feel. I am only a weekned warrior so pls don't pose me any technical questions and I am only in this sport to enjoy the rides, get good company with riding buddies (actually time off feon family ) and enjoy the beauty of such man made machines.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hey to all Lynskey owners and enthusiests, I don't see much about the Lynskey brand on here so I thought I would try and get a little enthusiasm stirred up! I have been riding Mountain bikes for the last 15 years and a new Santa Cruz Tallboy (great bike) for the last 6 months. I have been thinking for the last month I would like to also get into road biking to be able to travel some serious miles. The price of gas it seems logical!

I almost bought an Bianchi Infinito but just couldn't find my frame size in the color I wanted. Although while looking for a bike I did ride an Lynskey demo bike when looking around for a road bike and liked it. After talking to a local avid bicycle rider from my area who rides steel bikes but also liked Ti bikes, reading reviews, talking to Lynskey, and my dealer it seemed like the way to go.

I have ordered the 2011 R340 model, with hand brushed finish, Chorus 11 Gruppo, Record 11 Bottom Bracket, Campy Eurus 2 way fit wheels, 3T Ergonova Handlebar, Team Stem, Doric Seatpost, Selle Italia saddle, and Continental Gran Prix 4 Season Tires. The bike will weigh in about 16 lbs with pedals and should be here in July. The wait will seem like forever but I have confidence it will be well worth it.

I will post pictures when its done and meanwhile maybe some others will like to share there Lynskey stories/enthusiasm/experiences.
    I ordered the poor mans Lynskey after considering the Motobecane Inferno TI on Monday, got their new Silver series Peloton and had it equipped with Shimano 105 from Adrenaline which through them I could make substitutions that Lynskey direct couldn't do. So I had them swap the rear 105 derailleur for Ultegra, the FSA Orbit Equipe headset for a Cane Creek 110, and the Lynskey fork for a Enve 2.0; ordered some accessories for it too. The bike won't be to my home until the last week of May or first week of June.

I had a huge debate with myself over spending another $600 and get the Athena group instead but the rep at Adrenalin said that spending the additional $600 would get me nothing more over the 105. Soooo after consulting forums I decided to just do the 105 all silver groupset and silver Ultegra rear derailleur. I decided against the Motobecane when Bikes Direct said the new 2013 models would all have disk brakes.

So another Lynskey owner here now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I ordered the poor mans Lynskey after considering the Motobecane Inferno TI on Monday, got their new Silver series Peloton and had it equipped with Shimano 105 from Adrenaline which through them I could make substitutions that Lynskey direct couldn't do. So I had them swap the rear 105 derailleur for Ultegra, the FSA Orbit Equipe headset for a Cane Creek 110, and the Lynskey fork for a Enve 2.0; ordered some accessories for it too. The bike won't be to my home until the last week of May or first week of June.

I had a huge debate with myself over spending another $600 and get the Athena group instead but the rep at Adrenalin said that spending the additional $600 would get me nothing more over the 105. Soooo after consulting forums I decided to just do the 105 all silver groupset and silver Ultegra rear derailleur. I decided against the Motobecane when Bikes Direct said the new 2013 models would all have disk brakes.

So another Lynskey owner here now.
    Congratulations, I think you made the right decision, and I would be very surprised if you weren't happy with your choice! Let us know how it works when you get it and a few pictures. You are the first person I know to have bought the silver series.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congratulations, I think you made the right decision, and I would be very surprised if you weren't happy with your choice! Let us know how it works when you get it and a few pictures. You are the first person I know to have bought the silver series.
    If it wasn't for Lynskey coming out with the Silver series I would have been forced to get the Motobecane because I didn't want to spend another $1,000 the R340 series would have cost me.

I try to get pics take when it gets here sometime in late may early june, but I have had huge problems trying to down load pics onto any forum, but I try again when I get the bike.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345