R255/Peloton fit question
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

I am 179cm (5' 10.5") tall, 85cm (33.5") inseam,relatively long arms, and currently weigh 200lbs. I have looked at the geometry charts and see the M/L frame looks like the right fit without being able to get on the actual bike.

Any of you with similar dimensions have any feedback on size choice between M and M/L? Which bike would suit my weight the best? My riding weight was 185-190lbs when I was regularly riding

I am getting back into road riding after a couple of years away and my trusty BMC Streetfire has developed a crack. I am looking for a lifetime bike with more comfort but still has some snap.
    Last edited by navsnipe; 08-12-2014 at 10:15 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    I don't know the answer Sorry. however, I believe that both bikes have the same geometry as the Bianchi Infinito. So you may be able to ask in the Bianchi forum if you don't get much response here.

having said that, I am interested myself. I am 5'10" with a 31.5 inseam and the 255 at the current price, or even better the the ones on close out is calling my name. I keep telling myself next fall after I prove I am going to stick with riding.

Good luck. Let us know if you love the bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to at least find out which model would be better suited to my weight.

Music Man
    Nov 2006
    The best thing to do would be call Lynskey and talk to Don Irwin, who is their expert bike rep there. He can help you every step of the way in choosing the right frame size and right model bike for you.

I bought a 2014 Lynskey R255 fully equipped with Ultegra 6800 back in December. I had dozens of questions and contemplated on several models and frame sizes before Don helped zero me in to the R255 based on questions he asked me about my riding style and geometry I was looking for.

I'm 5'9", weigh 195, and am 54 years old. I have degenerated discs in my neck and lower back, so buying a bike with an aggressive geometry was out of the question. I was leaning toward the R230, but Don pointed me toward the R255. I watched some Youtube videos that Lynskey posted online and decided the R255 was definitely the right choice. I have a 30" inseam, so I was undecided about the medium or M/L frame. I ultimately went with the medium frame and I know it's the right size for me. My R255 was delivered at the end of January, and I absolutely love riding it!! It is very smooth and a simple pleasure to ride.

Do yourself a favor, and give Don Irwin a call.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    adjtogo,
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I watched quite a few of Don's youtube videos last night about the different models. He sounds like a wealth of information.

Music Man
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by navsnipe View Post
    adjtogo,
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I watched quite a few of Don's youtube videos last night about the different models. He sounds like a wealth of information.
    Don is going to be your best source for information. He's been with Lynskey a very long time. Mike is helpful as well, but is a little "green" yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I am 5'10", 33" inseam, and long arms. I ride a M/L Lynskey Cooper with 100mm stem, which has the same geo as the R230. I can't imagine riding the M Cooper, it would be too short in the top tube. The top tube on my bike is 55.7 cm in length.