What's gotten into Lynskey lately? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    865
    I just bought a r255 for $585 off ebay, and i'm delighted. This seems to be a tough time of year to be selling bikes and bike gear, but an absolutely GREAT time to be buying bikes and bike gear.

  2. #27
    Forever a Student
    Reputation: MMsRepBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,963
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by MMsRepBike; 11-04-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    use a torque wrench

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jason124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    I was looking at a Lynskey on eBay and I inquired about changing the finish and adding etched graphics instead of decals. They said they would be able to make the changes for additional costs, basically the same additional costs they list on their website. Since the eBay sale is directly from Lynskey, you basically get the frame at a much reduced price and you still get the same finish/graphics options (if you communicate this with them beforehand) and you get the same warranty. This is a great way to get an excellent bike for a great price, however, people that purchased directly from their website or through retailers are getting somewhat hosed on the price. I like that there is a great deal available, but it seems kind of crappy for customers going through their distributors. I guess it pays to do your research when buying to get the best deal possible.
    I guess to make this process easier, they have the addons as additional items you can purchase now. So if you wanted etched graphics, you find the auction for that and hit Buy it Now. They also sell the forks this way as well.

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    182
    Just got my R265, waiting on a fork and I'll be able to ride it this weekend. I'm with everybody else, great deal, but they're seriously devaluing the name.

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: jason124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    396
    I have been waiting until my finances were ready before pulling the trigger for a non-disc Sportive and now they haven't listed one in a while, only the disc frames.

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    510
    When I bought my R315 off them from Ebay half a year ago, I thought it was just a seasonal off load of their extra products. However, it looks like they are continuing with this model of sales. I really can't see people willing to buy their off retail at the prices they are listing. I saw their top end R460 on ebay go for about 1000-1200. That's really just about a quarter of the price that they list for. Maybe we have all been duped to believing titanium bikes made in the USA are supposed to cost an arm and a leg.

    Any which way, I'm still very happy with my bike. It might not be as light or as stiff as a carbon, but I still like riding it more.

  7. #32
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
    When I bought my R315 off them from Ebay half a year ago, I thought it was just a seasonal off load of their extra products. However, it looks like they are continuing with this model of sales. I really can't see people willing to buy their off retail at the prices they are listing. I saw their top end R460 on ebay go for about 1000-1200. That's really just about a quarter of the price that they list for. Maybe we have all been duped to believing titanium bikes made in the USA are supposed to cost an arm and a leg.

    Any which way, I'm still very happy with my bike. It might not be as light or as stiff as a carbon, but I still like riding it more.
    I am on Lynskey's email list. Today I received an email that I could get 20% off a R350. 20%?? When they are unloading stuff for more than 50% off eBay, why would I do that?

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I am on Lynskey's email list. Today I received an email that I could get 20% off a R350. 20%?? When they are unloading stuff for more than 50% off eBay, why would I do that?
    I'm on the email list as well. If I read the email correctly, it is a additional 20 percent off the sale price. So it looks like close to 50 percent in total. Also, in the email they have the new GR250 gravel bike at $1300 off a complete bike. I wish this was available several months ago when I put together my steel gravel bike. The price is close and I like the GR250 geometry better. I guess I'll have to wait until they run a sale on frames only and switch everything over.

  9. #34
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by jason124 View Post
    I have been waiting until my finances were ready before pulling the trigger for a non-disc Sportive and now they haven't listed one in a while, only the disc frames.
    Lynskey Sportive Titanium Complete Road Bike Size Medium Large (33728) | eBay

    Should check out this listing. Not sure what your sizing is, but it's a completely new bike and non disc.

  10. #35
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    I'm on the email list as well. If I read the email correctly, it is a additional 20 percent off the sale price. So it looks like close to 50 percent in total. Also, in the email they have the new GR250 gravel bike at $1300 off a complete bike. I wish this was available several months ago when I put together my steel gravel bike. The price is close and I like the GR250 geometry better. I guess I'll have to wait until they run a sale on frames only and switch everything over.
    Reread the email. Its on a complete Ultegra equipped bike that was already marked down. I think that is a decent buy

  11. #36
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    11
    Bid on a Medium Ultegra Sportive (non-disc) last week on eBay. No bidders 2 hours before auction end so I high bid 1600ish (started at 1500) and walked away...think it ended for just under 1800. Kinda wish I'd kept an eye on it, but who knows how high the winners max bid was.

  12. #37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    10
    On top of their crazy eBay prices, how on earth are they charging $200 to have the frame configured for eTap?

    I thought I got ripped off paying as much as I did to have them prep my frame for Di2 (a total of 3 holes in the frame which to me seems easier and less work than welding on cable guides).

    Love my R265 disc though.

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    760
    Nashbar having another 30% off sale from 2/6 - 2/7...Lynskeys included.

  14. #39
    pmf
    pmf is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
    Lynskey Sportive Titanium Complete Road Bike Size Medium Large (33728) | eBay

    Should check out this listing. Not sure what your sizing is, but it's a completely new bike and non disc.
    The "winning" bidder paid way too much for that frame. A friend of mine bought a Sportiv frame for around $1200 from a UK vendor. Even cheaper than what they were on "sale" for at Lynskey. He called Lynskey to see if they'd price match. They told him it was a 2016 model. When asked what the difference between 2016 and 2017, the guy at Lynskey admitted it was the color of the decals. They also sell ENVE forks for $100 more than what you can get them from ENVE for. My friend noticed that the Lynskey ENVE forks have a 45mm rake while the ENVE forks on the ENVE web site have a 43mm rake. He called ENVE and asked about that and they told him they've never made a 45mm rake fork. Pretty odd.

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    The "winning" bidder paid way too much for that frame. A friend of mine bought a Sportiv frame for around $1200 from a UK vendor. Even cheaper than what they were on "sale" for at Lynskey. He called Lynskey to see if they'd price match. They told him it was a 2016 model. When asked what the difference between 2016 and 2017, the guy at Lynskey admitted it was the color of the decals. They also sell ENVE forks for $100 more than what you can get them from ENVE for. My friend noticed that the Lynskey ENVE forks have a 45mm rake while the ENVE forks on the ENVE web site have a 43mm rake. He called ENVE and asked about that and they told him they've never made a 45mm rake fork. Pretty odd.
    The ad was for a complete bike with Ultegra components. At 2K for a titanium bike with ultegra components and ENVE 2.0 fork and new... seems to be a pretty good deal to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 01:33 PM
  2. Lynskey Sportive vs Lynskey R230
    By dratip in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM
  3. Where to buy Lynskey?
    By filly in forum Lynskey
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
  4. Lynskey R230 or Lynskey Helix - Which Titanium bike
    By sliedude in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 11:48 PM
  5. Lynskey
    By bikerron in forum Litespeed - Merlin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 06:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.