Where to buy Lynskey?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Where to buy Lynskey?

I'm sure I could start doing comparisons, but I figured I'd ask you guys who have already done the deal. Any rhyme or reason to buying from Adrenaline or Lynskey directly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand at Adrenaline you can swap out components, stems, saddles, etc., but with Lynskey directly, if you go the complete bike route, you have no ability to make changes. Also, price-wise, does either typically offer the better deal? Looking to make a purchase over the winter/spring. Probably going to get the R230.

What the what???

Where to buy Lynskey?

Quote Originally Posted by filly View Post
    I'm sure I could start doing comparisons, but I figured I'd ask you guys who have already done the deal. Any rhyme or reason to buying from Adrenaline or Lynskey directly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand at Adrenaline you can swap out components, stems, saddles, etc., but with Lynskey directly, if you go the complete bike route, you have no ability to make changes. Also, price-wise, does either typically offer the better deal? Looking to make a purchase over the winter/spring. Probably going to get the R230.
    I haven't checked in a while, but what you describe matches my experience with the two which was part of the reason I went with Adrenaline. Also, Adrenaline offered the bright brushed finish standard while it was an upcharge going through Lynskey. My only hesitation was about how warranty issues might be handled, but the bike has been great so far.

My advice, though is to check out both sites for yourself. Talk to Don at Lynskey and Jesse at Adrenaline and go with the site/deal you're most comfortable with. It's a big investment.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Music Man
    Nov 2006
    I bought my R255 directly from Lynskey when Lynskey was offering 35% off of their frames and complete bikes during Christmas. I checked back and forth between Adrenaline and Lynskey and, at the time, Lynskey was cheaper than Adrenaline.

When you go through the order process at Lynskey, they do offer you several options on groupsets, forks, seatposts, frame finish, decals, etched engraving, wheelsets, saddles, headsets, and such, but I'm sure not as many options as Adrenaline does. I think mainly they were offering Shimano and SRAM groupsets, but not Campy.

For me, the complete bike at Lynskey was way less at the time than Adrenaline.

I considered just buying the frame and building and buying components and building the bike, but it came down to the 35% off, which made it less to buy the complete bike.

I'm totally happy with my R255, the price I paid, and the customer service at Lynskey. Don and Mike answered dozens of my questions between chatting online and on the phone.

And, I'm no way a Lynskey rep or salesman for them, but I had looked into buying another bike just the other day. They are offering free SRAM Rival 22 on certain frames or $850 toward a different groupset. Here's the link:

https://www.lynskeyperformance.com/s...ed-groups.html

They also offer a trade in program if you are looking to get rid of an unused or unwanted bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Shouldn't the warranty still be good to go through Adrenaline?

What the what???

Where to buy Lynskey?

Quote Originally Posted by filly View Post
    Shouldn't the warranty still be good to go through Adrenaline?
    It should, especially since Adrenaline is also a B&M LBS rather than just a website. But you never really know for sure until you submit a claim.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.