Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Anyone looking for a Merckx frame

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pmf 
#1 ·
I have no relation with the seller --

Vintage Eddy Merckx Corsa 01 Road Bike Frame Frameset Dedacciai Zerouno Tubes 57 | eBay

I have this frame in a 56 cm and it's such a nice riding bike. Deda 01 is a more modern tube set than Columbus SLX. Custom builders still use the stuff. My Merckx bike is similar in weight to my titanium bike. You can get it resprayed for $400 and for $1000 total have a lot nicer than a new steel bike with some panache to boot. I built mine up with silver Campy Athena parts. I get a ton of compliments on it. But the way it rides is the best part.

#9 ·
It's a re-spray so not an original Merckx color scheme. The painted to match fork is carbon. Threadless head set. So among Merckx enthusiasts it's a bit of an abomination. Probably why the seller had to post it three different times on ebay before I finally bought it for $700. The frame/fork looked damn near new since he'd just had it painted a few months earlier. For me, it was a steal. I mean steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.