Hmm, what's in this box in my garage? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel
    Here is the stash where I found my MX Leader. Now you can see why I was dumbfounded. There is another rack I didn't get a picture of not including the Arcabaleno's on another wall.
    I wonder what that Telekom bike is??

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by zmudshark
    Since we are doing a 'striptease', I'll add this that showed up in my garage yesterday.
    My Corsa is now, no longer mine.

So show me what you bought.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Toomanybikes,

You may have to wait until you're down here. Right now it is mostly apart, will be totally apart tomorrow. I'm slow, I polish as I go.

I can tell you that it looks better than I had hoped for. I will switch out some of the worn/scratched parts for better ones in my stash. I have some NOS brakes levers that are definitely going on.

Once I rub it out, do some minor touch-ups, etc., I'll post a picture of the frame and fork. It will be next week before it is a whole bike. I did take it for a short spin before I took it apart, it's fantastic!

innergel,

That stash makes me want to check airfares to SA. I think I saw a couple of 53-54's in there. The Telecom's caught my eye as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    whats in the the box?
    Something special!
    home spun

toomanybikes
    Toomanybikes,

You may have to wait until you're down here. Right now it is mostly apart, will be totally apart tomorrow. I'm slow, I polish as I go.

I can tell you that it looks better than I had hoped for. I will switch out some of the worn/scratched parts for better ones in my stash. I have some NOS brakes levers that are definitely going on.

Once I rub it out, do some minor touch-ups, etc., I'll post a picture of the frame and fork. It will be next week before it is a whole bike. I did take it for a short spin before I took it apart, it's fantastic!

innergel,

That stash makes me want to check airfares to SA. I think I saw a couple of 53-54's in there. The Telecom's caught my eye as well.
    If we put together an order for 3 or 4 it would make the shipping cheaper.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    If we put together an order for 3 or 4 it would make the shipping cheaper.
    I thought we were both on probation?

i like whiskey
    The Telekom in the pics looks like an MXL. He had more than one. I was drooling over a perfect MXL Telekom 58 sitting out but it was too small for me. He had several other MXL's in the bunch too. I was too enamored of the 60 I bought to pay too much attention to the details of the others. I think the red ones are all Corsa's.

I emailed the guy on Monday asking for his frame inventory like he promised me. No word from him yet. When I was there I told him at least 10 times I could sell them all but I don't think he believed me. Either that or he's lazy and doesn't want to get rid of them.

There is a chance that I will be going back around Aug-Sept. If that is the case, I will be happy to take sizes and orders from everyone and go back to the shop in person and take care of everything. Remember there are two more racks that I didn't get pics of. Either way, I'm working our logistics guys at work to see what I can do about shipping. If we could get a large order, I could have someone box them all, put them on a pallet and ship it air freight. Definitely a lot cheaper than any one off boxes coming over. There would be some customs implications though. Still with his prices, definitely worth doing if the guy will cooperate. Hell, we could make it a Merckx Group Buy.

And zmud, come on with the pics. I'm way overdue with my pics as well.
    Last edited by innergel; 03-05-2008 at 07:36 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    One fuzzy flash picture in fromt of the rubish bins:

i like whiskey
    Nice! Merckx panto quill too. It looks perfect.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The frame & fork is in very good condition. The stem is too short (8.5cm), and will probably go to the auction house on the interwebs to help defray the cost. It's a 26.4 Cinelli, in case anyone is interested.

I have a Faema Team replica waiting for me in MI, and as cool as Molteni's are, I have a soft spot for the Faema's.

toomanybikes
    I thought it looked like it said MX Leader on it.

Have to find out what size.

He has an Arcobaleno in my size, just trying to confirm measurements.

He has responded to my email a couple of times since you were there, so he is "in"

I'll reiterate the request for the frame inventory.

The Telekom in the pics looks like an MXL. He had more than one. I was drooling over a perfect MXL Telekom 58 sitting out but it was too small for me. He had several other MXL's in the bunch too. I was too enamored of the 60 I bought to pay too much attention to the details of the others. I think the red ones are all Corsa's.

I emailed the guy on Monday asking for his frame inventory like he promised me. No word from him yet. When I was there I told him at least 10 times I could sell them all but I don't think he believed me. Either that or he's lazy and doesn't want to get rid of them.

There is a chance that I will be going back around Aug-Sept. If that is the case, I will be happy to take sizes and orders from everyone and go back to the shop in person and take care of everything. Remember there are two more racks that I didn't get pics of. Either way, I'm working our logistics guys at work to see what I can do about shipping. If we could get a large order, I could have someone box them all, put them on a pallet and ship it air freight. Definitely a lot cheaper than any one off boxes coming over. There would be some customs implications though. Still with his prices, definitely worth doing if the guy will cooperate. Hell, we could make it a Merckx Group Buy.

And zmud, come on with the pics. I'm way overdue with my pics as well.

toomanybikes
    I thought we were both on probation?

Well, yeah.

But ......

toomanybikes
    One fuzzy flash picture in fromt of the rubish bins:

You bought ANOTHER old bike??!!

What do you want that old thing for? ........

RoadBikeReview Member
    You bought ANOTHER old bike??!!

What do you want that old thing for? ........
    To ride?

toomanybikes
    To ride?
    But you already have a bike.

Why on earth would anyone want more than one bike??

Oh wait,

Never mind,

Nice bike BTW.

OH yeah, one more thing,

What model is that Merckx in the background??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dang, I got caught with junk again! It's a Robin Hood that I bought for $10, along with Royce Union and a set of 3 speed wheels with new tires.

Yes, I have a problem, but i figured the tires (tyres) were worth more than the $10 I paid for the lot.

How could I pass this up for $10?

i like whiskey
    I need to find something like that for Mrs Gel to poke around the neighborhood on. She's always saying she wants a cruiser of some sort. A polished up Robin Hood three speed would be perfect.

Dang, I got caught with junk again! It's a Robin Hood that I bought for $10, along with Royce Union and a set of 3 speed wheels with new tires.

Yes, I have a problem, but i figured the tires (tyres) were worth more than the $10 I paid for the lot.

How could I pass this up for $10?

i like whiskey
    TMB, keep on that guy about the frame inventory. If you tell him that you heard about his shop from me, maybe then he'll believe me that I could get them sold and he'll get moving. Then we can all get another nice bike or three on the cheap.

Color me jealous about the Arcobaleno. That frame is stunning. Alas, he had no big sizes. The story of my life.

I thought it looked like it said MX Leader on it.

Have to find out what size.

He has an Arcobaleno in my size, just trying to confirm measurements.

He has responded to my email a couple of times since you were there, so he is "in"

I'll reiterate the request for the frame inventory.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Toomany, forget the SA bikes, I found something even better for you, and shiny, too:
    http://tinyurl.com/2phjj5

toomanybikes
    Toomany, forget the SA bikes, I found something even better for you, and shiny, too:
    http://tinyurl.com/2phjj5
    Aaaack!

How dare you!

I could buy two bikes for those prices.

Sadly, I think those are what Mrs. TMB has planned.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just watching out for you, budddy, it was mrs. z's idea.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I need to find something like that for Mrs Gel to poke around the neighborhood on. She's always saying she wants a cruiser of some sort. A polished up Robin Hood three speed would be perfect.
    Well, that one lasted about 12 hours on CL, who woulda thunk it?

toomanybikes
    Just watching out for you, budddy, it was mrs. z's idea.
    Women always stick together.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not to hijack Innergel's thread, but he's been a bit slow to post pictures, so here are a few of the new Eddy in my garage. The sun was a bit harsh. I'll take better photos later, but for now these will have to do:

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been checking out this thread with great interest. A couple of years ago my SO found Rashid's website, exchanged e-mails, received photos, and then phoned him to order a gorgeous NOS MXL frame. It was shipped air and, to make a very long story short, lost, apparently b/c of the airline's SNAFU. But when the frame finally showed up, it had been very poorly packed and sustained minor damage to its beautiful and, from the photos received, previously undamaged pearl white paint job (assuming it was indeed the same frame, of course). Unlike Innergel's, this frame had just been packed in an Eddy Merckx logo foam bag secured with EM tape, then put inside (and subsequently rattled around in) a 2-piece, thin cardboard box. He'd buy from this shop again, but not before specifying detailed packing standards on the front end of the transaction. Having said that, both of us are now wondering what remaining stock Rashid has in 55-56 and 52 cm!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast