Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)
Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast
    Shut up legs!

Official gallery of your Eddy Merckx bike(s)

It seems every brand specific section has a thread where everyone post a pic of their bikes except this one. So I will start one up here. Let me begin with mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kenacycle; 03-03-2009 at 12:41 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004

1994 Telekom MX Leader

Here is my 1994 MX Leader with Telekom Team paint. I've recently finished the build and have about 150 miles on it and absolutely love it! It is super smooth and responsive. It's built with a collection of NOS and "like new" Ultegra 600 components, an 8 speed drivetrain, and DA/Open Pro wheels.

The frame itself was NOS, having sat in the Merckx factory until last year. Interestingly it has a custom geo (56X58) and a number plate hanger on the bottom of the top tube. Could this be an old Telekom Team bike?

The bike built out to 21 lbs as shown with Look pedals and a bottle cage. I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,

Texbike

RoadBikeReview Member

Corsa 01

Not the best photo of my Corsa 01, but it's all I've got right now. I've since put black bar tape on and it looks better. Also have black Tackx Tao cages. This color scheme is a little wilder than I preferred but the frame was the only new one I could find in my size (57) when I was shopping around a couple of years ago. I've come to like the paint job, and it looks best if all of the other components (tires, tape, saddle, etc.) are kept simple black. Put new black Open Pro wheels on it last fall and I couldn't believe how much better it looked.

I've also got an ti Merckx AX model in the same size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Here's my sled collection, Cyclocross bike, old Corsa and a fairly new (one season) MX leader. All are in use year road, the old Corsa is hauling a baby carrier until the lousy weather starts, the it's a winter training bike, once my collarbone heals, I'll be cross racing right through to nationals on the grey bike. I love them all very much, the leader was my race bike this year, I didn't even bother riding the light one, including crits.

RoadBikeReview Member

Only two

Merckx Corsa SLX and Merckx Ex Ti.
    Last edited by boneman; 01-11-2009 at 02:41 AM.
    i've got limited minutes left in life, don't waste my time

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Not a classic...

but has taken me since the mid 80s when I first saw one, to get this built

Last edited by RaiderHater; 09-04-2006 at 02:53 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Heh RaiderHater:

How does that Race Frame ride? I am contemplating buying that exact same frameset from Gita. I currently have a Merckx Corsa circa 1983 that rides like butter and afraid that the Race even with Carbon seatsstays and fork is going to be teeth rattling. How you like it and is that a sloping frame????

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    ShortNFast

I am by no means an expert as I have only had my Japanese steel bike and this Merckx in my 20yrs of riding. I also have to admit that my budget would not allow for the higher end Merckx frames. That said I think it rides great. The carbon may have some dampening effects, but the bike is just so light and fast which makes it really fun to ride. I have a Thomson stem/Easton alu combo up front which I really like. It is a sloping frame and it took 3 stem changes to get it dialed in but I do have less saddle and wrist fatigue with this bike. Could be that it is set up better than my other bike, or better geometry and frame.

Dennis

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Hello Raider Hater again....

Raider Hater:

Thanks for the reply. Would be interested in a little feedback on the sloping geometry. Looked originally at a traditional 50 CM. I am small at 5'6" with a inseam at 30" and the top tube on it kind of scares me as it is 53.3 which really stretches me out. The sloping model goes as low as 42 with a top tube of 51 which probably would be better for me. What your height etc and what sloping size did you go with. It is just hard for me to equate the sloping geometry to the traditional and just trying to get an idea what may work best for me...

Thanks...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    SNF,

Sent you a PM with more details

em3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

'92 Eddy Merckx Century TSX Team Kelme

Finally getting around to sharing my favorite ride. Sorry about the lousy pics. Enjoy!

em3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

'90 Eddy Merckx Corsa Team Faema

Here is one I regret selling a few years back.

em3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

'86 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra Team Hitachi

And another I regret selling some years back.

Shut up legs!
    em3, those are beautiful bikes.. You have so many Merckxs

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've always loved the Kelme paint scheme and have been looking for one in my size for years. Great looking bikes!

RoadBikeReview Member
    EM3 -- And I regret not buying your Team Hitachi Merckx. We exchanged emails a while back, but at the time I thought it would be too big for me. I was looking for a 56, which I never found, and ended up buying a 57 Corsa 01 after all. As it turns out, the size 57 fits me better than a 56 would have. Oh well ...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here is my work in progress. It is a Merckx Titanium Ax. I need to get a italian threaded BB to complete it, but I wanted to post some mock ups as is. Also note the welds and super clean BB. I bought the frameset used, but it is in great shape.
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.

Shut up legs!
    wow! that's a great looking bike!! The AX is the next bike I would like to have.

Aug 2006

Wink

These are all gorgeous bikes!

Member bike pictures on roadbikereview.com and other sites are very telling -- it appears that bike hobbists spend more time and money on their ride than they do on their living quarters.

Shut up legs!
    Last edited by Kenacycle; 11-18-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Shut up legs!
    Won this on ebay a month ago. Finally received it today!
    Last edited by Kenacycle; 03-03-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub

You're a brave man to put your kitty's scratch post next to your bike collection. I'd be worried about my cat mistaking the two. But then again, my cat ain't so bright.

Is that a fire extinguisher pictured behind the bikes? If so, is it to ward off the cats or in preparation for your Merckx spontaneously combusting?

Thanks for the pics!

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's a rare find.....hope it didn't set you back too much!

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub

What size is that Motorola?

Now That I actually know where to find it .........................

Shut up legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris_Metro
    You're a brave man to put your kitty's scratch post next to your bike collection. I'd be worried about my cat mistaking the two. But then again, my cat ain't so bright.

Is that a fire extinguisher pictured behind the bikes? If so, is it to ward off the cats or in preparation for your Merckx spontaneously combusting?

Thanks for the pics!
    My cat is a floor cat and isn't really interested in jumping up on things.
    It's not a fire extinguisher behind the bikes, it's a floor pump in red color.

Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast