Cincinnati Century...another one
    $4000 bike - two bit legs

Cincinnati Century...another one

If you are going to be in the Cincy/N.KY area the last weekend of June...then join us!

Here's most post from the Cincy cycling club webpage

SUNDAY - JUNE 27th

NKB 7-9+ TOUR DE KENTUCKY - Monthly Century Edition / Please Call to sign up - this is an early morning ride -7am start time! / 100mi / 16+ mph but will have at least two groups based on average speed - No-one left behind. / Paul Listerman xxx-xxx-xxxx or [email protected] / Route and start place yet to be determined. Cue sheets will be provided. This will be an unsagged century (unless we can find a volunteer sag). Bring lots of water, food, some cash and your climbing legs 'cause there are no flatlands in Northern Kentucky!!! Please call or email for updates

We will be starting from Central Park in Boone County for the June ride. The Central Park starting point will really cut down on the traffic since we will start and end in the country. We will have planned stops every 25 miles at convenience stores. Join us!
    Paul in Northern Kentucky

Across the mighty Ohio from Cincinnati:
    The Obesity Capital of the USA
    (Explains a lot of the intolerance about us riders, huh?)

An update

Here's the update email:

The Century of the Month Ride, departing Boone County's Central Park on Sunday, June 27 at 7am WILL HAVE A SUPPORT DRIVER FOR YOUR ADDED SAFETY AND COMFORT!! If you want to bring your own lunch you are welcome to put it in the cooler at the start of the ride and it will be delivered to you at the rest stop at about the 45 mile mark. We will supply water, sports drinks, watermelon and "popsicle" at the rest stop.

This month's installment will cover 105 miles through 4 northern Kentucky counties. It is as beautiful as it is challenging. This will be one of the most scenic rides you'll do this year or ever for that matter. This ride will feature exhilarating downhill runs followed by long, cool, flat valley roads. Then comes the challenging climbs (about 6000 feet total) to beautiful ridge top roads with spectacular vistas of the Kentucky countryside below.

All you need to bring is your well rested legs, a well fed body, at least two full water bottles, the energy food of your choice, a bag lunch if you like, some money to buy food and a couple of low gears. We'll supply you with cue sheets, maps, clearly marked, low traffic roads and rest stops with food, water and "facilities" every 25 to 35 miles

My email address is in the first post. Join us!

Jul 2004

Update

Hey Paul

When is your next Kentucky century ride going to take place? I am interested in hopping in.

Thanks

D

Been out of town

Quote Originally Posted by tresdood
    Hey Paul

When is your next Kentucky century ride going to take place? I am interested in hopping in.

Thanks

D
    Sorry, just got back from vacation so I haven't checked the board in a while.

To answer your question: I'm not sure. Probably near the last Sunday of August. Shoot me an email and I will put you on the list. [email protected]

FYI: I lead a group (??? - anywhere from 5 to me solo) every Sunday morning for a 75-90 mile ride if you would like to join us.