dairyland dare

Thread: dairyland dare

Dec 2005

dairyland dare

anyone ride in this a couple of weeks ago? thinking of doing it next year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Did the 100K, it was a lot of fun. Very well organized and well run. The final pitch on Dyerson Road was a killer. My buddy and I plan on doing it again next year.

Dave
    There is nothing quite like a whiff of fresh, holstein scented, country air.

Aug 2006

Cool Dairyland Dare 100K

I also did the 100k of the Dairyland Dare, my first challenge ride!- maybe I'll try the 200K next year! I also thought it was a great event overall, some road construction that the organizers couldn't get around- otherwise a great experience. Even the weather cooperated! I expect it will be a lot bigger next year once the word gets out. Anyone thinking of biking the quadrupedal? Can't decide between the 50 and 75 miles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I did the 300K. It was a well-run event, but they need a better energy drink with some more calories. Most of the turns were marked, but make sure you have a map to ensure you don't go off course.

I silenced the few people that I talked to that predicted that I wouldn't finish because a) I had a 25t cassette b) I had never done an event as hilly as that for 200K let alone 300K. I was second across the line....