Moots Registry - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moots Registry

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

Adding to the Registry

Bought from a gentleman down under, this is his pix. Two rides so far, probably will only change out the seat.

b21
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

add my two thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cazdrvr
    I thought it might get that kind of response. :-) Sent it off to Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado cause I just wanted some color. Can't see it in the picture, but there's some nice effect in the paint. Granted, it does hide those beautiful welds. If it is any consolation, I fitted the Moots seatpost right after the picture.
    for the paint job, I like it a lot...A LOT!

b21

Shoebomber
    Well, here is my contribution to the thread. Please disregard the uncut steerer tube, messy apartment, and poor lighting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Here's mine. Built her up over the winter. Haven't been able to actually get out on the road yet though...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

New kid on the block

New to the club, and happy to be here...
    "Embracing the situation Is our only chance to be free..."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    D-Town, yours almost looks like mine.

Singlespeeder
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chiup01
    D-Town, yours almost looks like mine.

...with a moots stem and a titanium fork (e.g. Kocmo) it'll be perfect.

Stem679, do you have another picture where i could see better how the 'grey' of the prorace2 match with the 'grey' of the frame?

Thanks... Jörg
    Last edited by Streetking; 03-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Streetking,

I'll post another pic tonight when I get home from work. I don't think it was perrfect, but I was pleased with how it turned out.

-stems
    Last edited by stems679; 03-06-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added pic

Mar 2007
    Here's my Moots!

RoadBikeReview Member
    @D-Town & chiup01: is that a pewter-colored king? one question: does the color (depending on the light) slightly go into a sort of violet? i intended to install a king pewter into my 2007 trek madone ssl 6.9 but the violetish glimmer didn't match the beautiful greyish paint color... i heard that, depending on the production date, some anodized aluminum products can slightly differ in color (haven't heard that about king, but hope, for example). that's why i'm asking.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004

Talking yeah, kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy yo yo
    @D-Town & chiup01: is that a pewter-colored king? one question: does the color (depending on the light) slightly go into a sort of violet? i intended to install a king pewter into my 2007 trek madone ssl 6.9 but the violetish glimmer didn't match the beautiful greyish paint color... i heard that, depending on the production date, some anodized aluminum products can slightly differ in color (haven't heard that about king, but hope, for example). that's why i'm asking.
    It is a pewter King - the color does appear to vary a bit depending on the light. Personally, it doesn't really look completely pewter or violet, but I'm not the best judge of color traditionally. It's hard to get a good sense of the color without seeing it in person, but I personally think it's a nice subtle color on the Moots ti finish.

I'd say if you're concerned about the color or would be bothered by a violet tone (even if it's slight or only in certain light), then see if there's another King that would be a safe choice for your frame. Because if that's something that would bother you, once you get it in your head it will probably jump out as violet to you every time you look at it.

I think this may have been discussed elsewhere on the board too.

PS - chiup01, nice ride.
    "Embracing the situation Is our only chance to be free..."

Dec 2002

Wink Brushed VaMoots SL

I just built this custom Vamoots SL. Moots sent it to me without finish and Joe Bell brushed it. Fork was also stripped and clearcoated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Town
    It is a pewter King - the color does appear to vary a bit depending on the light. Personally, it doesn't really look completely pewter or violet, but I'm not the best judge of color traditionally. It's hard to get a good sense of the color without seeing it in person, but I personally think it's a nice subtle color on the Moots ti finish.

I'd say if you're concerned about the color or would be bothered by a violet tone (even if it's slight or only in certain light), then see if there's another King that would be a safe choice for your frame. Because if that's something that would bother you, once you get it in your head it will probably jump out as violet to you every time you look at it.

I think this may have been discussed elsewhere on the board too.
    thx for your answer! actually, i had bought the pewter king, i already had it on my bike, but then i changed it again cause the violet tone WAS jumping out all the time to me. i was just asking because i've heard that other manufacturers (hope) have a greyish colored headset too which varies in color from production date to production date (meaning that their greyish headsets always look different). if you had a purely GREY king, without any violet tone, i would have given it another try and would have bought another one in pewter...

RoadBikeReview Member

Here's mine...

Its a custom Compact SL that is approaching it's one year birthday in May. I went custom because I needed a shorter headtube than the stock Moots frame. The geometry is: 55.8cm TT, 46cm ST, 11cm HT, 73 deg SA, 73 deg HTA, 40.5cm CS, 7.5cm BB drop. My only regret is that Moots misread the geo spreadsheet and made the seattube 46cm center-to-top, rather than center-to-center as was specced - hence the frame is ~3cm more compact than it should be. But the thing was so beautiful that I couldn't bear to send it back since the fit (position of the contact points) and the ride of the frame weren't affected (and I would have had to wait another 8 unbearable weeks!).

la dolce vita

Perfection!

That's one awesome Moots!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

The other Moots...

Here is my other Moots...
    Last edited by Beerman; 07-04-2007 at 06:54 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

One More!!!....

Hey,
    Just wanted to add mine to the "Official" list!! It's a 2006 Vamoots 57.5. I built it up about a year ago, but have recently made a few changes... Current build is as listed:
    - Look HSC-3 Fork
    - Full Ultegra 6600 Drivetrain
    - Chris King HS (Red)
    - Zero Gravity 06-SS Brakes
    - Alex Crosstini 3.1 / 3.2 Rims laced to White Industries H1 Hubs (ano'ed red) with Sapim cx-ray spokes (Thank you Troy!)
    - Zipp Skewers
    - Moots Stem & Seatpost
    - Fizik' Aireon Saddle
    - FSA K-Wing Handlebar
    - Deda bartape (lt grey)
    - KeO Carbon Pedals
    - Tacx Tao Bottle Cages (Silver)

Custom Title= ?

An Old Friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman
    Let's see 'em!!!
    I’ll get the foot in the door with this well traveled ’01 Vamoots. Look HSC3 fork, Chris King, Record 10v w/ carbon cranks, Thomson Masterpiece post, Falcon saddle, Salsa stem, Bontrager bar (I really like the hooks and the lever position). Wheels are DT 240s, DT RR1.1 hoops laced rear 32h/3x, front 28h/2x w/ CX Ray spokes.

The Old Friend part: Well over 24k miles of pavement have passed beneath us since the first ride.

Perhaps the Moots constituency will indulge one of the Moots extended family here too.

Eriksen Road, Ouzo Pro, Chris King, ’07 Record 10v w/ ’06 BB and carbon cranks (I respectfully decline to participate in the Ultra Torque consumer beta testing program), Eriksen seatpost, Falcon, Salsa, FSA K-Force bar. Wheels are again My Builds: White H1, Velocity Aerohead (OC rear), Rear 32h 3x DS/2x NDS, Front 28h 2x, Sapim CX Rays….

Moots detail....
    Last edited by Bixe; 05-07-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Qh6+!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

New Moots

Compact-SL, Campy Chorus CT, Campy Eurus Wheels, FSA K-Wing Bars, Rides GREAT!
    Attached Files Attached Files

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

My Moots

One of the great benefits of buying the frame was building it up exactly the way I wanted it and putiing it all together myself. Time to get off the computer and go for a ride .

Vamoots semi-custom frame 57.5cm seat tube, 56cm top tube
    2007 Campy Record
    Reynolds Pro Peloton Fork
    Handbuilt wheels from Dave Thomas at Speeddream
    -Tune Hubs (black)
    -Velocity Aerohead OC 28H rear and 20H front (black)
    -Wheelsmith spokes (black)
    -Alloy nipples (red)
    -Tune AC 14 skewers (red)
    Vittoria Open Corsa EX tires
    Moots Open Road stem 110mm, 6 deg
    Moots seatpost
    Zipp carbon contour bars, 44cm
    Specialized Toupe 143mm saddle (white)
    Look KEO Ti pedals
    Nokon brake and shift cables
    King Ti cages
    Chris King headset (red)
    Garmin Edge 305 HR/Cadence

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

Latest Addition...

I can't keep my eyes (or my butt) off of this bike...even my 7 yr old daughter loves "Mootsie"!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    My Maine Moots...

singlecross
    Last edited by singlecross; 06-19-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ... somehow, I don’t know how, I want to influence a trend toward just riding... just riding like kids ride, but as adults. - Grant Petersen

Shoebomber
    I finally got around to taking some semi-decent photos of my bike, or at least some that weren't embarrasingly bad anyway. Steerer tube and a new saddle/seatpost have been installed since the last photos.

Oh, and please excuse the mess in my apartment.

Aug 2007
    How do like the S&S couplings and would you have done them on the road frame too???

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by akramer
    How do like the S&S couplings and would you have done them on the road frame too???
    What's not to like, you don't even know they are there.

I'd do them on any frame.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast