Moots Registry

Printable View

• 11-01-2006
    Beerman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Moots Registry
    Figured we could create one thread to post your Moots...this is one of my Moots, I'm building up a new one as I type and will post when it's done...

Let's see 'em!!!
  • 11-01-2006
    chuckice
  • 11-02-2006
    wayneanneli
    1 Attachment(s)
    Great idea!
    Cheers, Wayne
  • 11-02-2006
    FTMD
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ha. Don't knock me....
    Here's mine. This was the most initial build ever.

Tires now match. It's got stainless steel cages now, instead of those ugly black one. Moots layback post with a saddle that's level. Got a garmin 305, so the ugly zip-ties and computer wires are all gone too.

Other than that, 57.5 Vamoots, with DA9 and Open Pros.
  • 11-09-2006
    Ash1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Late to post...
    but here it is. I built it up at the beginning of the summer and I'm just getting around to the photos.
  • 11-15-2006
    fmbp
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ok, I figure it's high time to add my Moots to this thread too. I got this bike about a year and a half ago now, and I still smile every time I ride.
  • 11-16-2006
    Falstaff
    1 Attachment(s)
    joining the fun...
  • 12-13-2006
    bustamove
    1 Attachment(s)
    my turn
    This bad boy was built up a little over a year ago.
  • 12-26-2006
    2ride
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Moots
    Here it is...
  • 02-03-2007
    Streetking
    My Cyclocross Singlespeeder.....

Greetings Jörg
  • 02-04-2007
    Mootsie
    1 Attachment(s)
    Winter project
    I just recently finished swapping out 9 speed Dura Ace/7701 wheels for 2007 Campy Record/Eurus on my 2001 Vamoots. Its just like having a new bike. Now if only the snow will melt.
  • 02-06-2007
    guyintense
    1 Attachment(s)
    Happy to oblige Beerman!
  • 02-08-2007
    terry b
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here are my two -
  • 02-13-2007
    cazdrvr
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 02-13-2007
    Mootsie
    ah!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its like bronzing a gold medal or painting a brick house. Oh the insanity. :cryin:
  • 02-14-2007
    cazdrvr
    I thought it might get that kind of response. :-) Sent it off to Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado cause I just wanted some color. Can't see it in the picture, but there's some nice effect in the paint. Granted, it does hide those beautiful welds. If it is any consolation, I fitted the Moots seatpost right after the picture.
  • 02-14-2007
    chuckice
  • 02-14-2007
    cazdrvr
    Bummer, thought I'd join in since I finally got a pic of the bike.
  • 02-14-2007
    terry b
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cazdrvr
    I thought it might get that kind of response. :-) Sent it off to Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado cause I just wanted some color. Can't see it in the picture, but there's some nice effect in the paint. Granted, it does hide those beautiful welds. If it is any consolation, I fitted the Moots seatpost right after the picture.

I like it, it's a great paint job. Can't beat Spectrum.
  • 02-14-2007
    cazdrvr
    Thanks for the nice words. I expected just the color, but they added a little sparkle that stands out in brighter sunight. I had scraped the frame in a wreck and considered having it re-done by Moots, but really liked the celeste Bianchi color schemes. I found out about Spectrum from the RBR forums.
  • 02-15-2007
    chuckice
    Quote:

Bummer, thought I'd join in since I finally got a pic of the bike.

You like it and that's all that matters. :thumbsup:
  • 02-15-2007
    wayneanneli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckice
    You like it and that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

+1. True. What do you care what some of the others think anyway? It's your Moots and you're still part of the family, that's all that matters.
    Cheers, Wayne
  • 02-15-2007
    Olancha
    Quote:

I like it too. If I get a Ti bike, whether it's a Strong, Kish or Moots, I'm painting it. :D
  • 02-18-2007
    Dick Rhee
    I saw a photo of a Moots with a 3/4 paint job (they only covered most of the top and downtube but kept seat cluster sort of like the celeste part on your frame). They used a metallic orange color and it looked pretty awesome.

I also have to say that I might actually like the black MOOTS logo a little better. If you swap out the headset with a black one and put in some carbon spacers to match the fork that ride would look pretty sweet.

PS: I would post my Moots but I am the worst photographer ever and it wouldn't do it justice.
  • 02-18-2007
    Mootsie
    Too busy
    I agree with Dick Ree. There are too many things going on. You've got silver, black, celeste, red, blue, yellow. You need to simplify the bike IMO. Maybe a white (or celeste) saddle and tape along with Dick's recommendations will give it a more elegant look. Its too busy.