the NEW Moots ownership.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008

the NEW Moots ownership.

hi everyone,
    what are your thoughts on the new ownership and yet lot's of changes.
    "new" fully built models with Enve components.... new revamped website...
    what do you think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    the experience hasn't changed that I can tell as good or better than ever! the new website was long over due but looks great.they still have all the wonderful bikes and their customer service is second to none imo.a small problem with my castelli jacket order today and Kayla resolved it no problem.never hear of anything but good things when dealing Moots.
    i personally prefer the bikes with the matching Moots post and stem and painted forks but the enve stuff is top notch and the latest photos gives folks a chance to see how they look built with either I suppose.i'm sure lots prefer the contrast of the black carbon bits to the all Ti look

p.s. I checked some of your photo's out and see you have an RSL as well.only had mine a few weeks and not quite completed.i remember now seeing that photo of you over on the Moots owners gallery.Switzerland looks like an awesome place to live and ride !
    Last edited by sw3759; 01-14-2016 at 10:51 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    yes it is world class riding around here. I have 9 bicycles, I love my RSL and find that the paint job on the Moots forks was a real bonus and made it very different from the other brand of titanium bicycles. yet it is true the ENVE is not a bad choice all in all, mine is more LIGHTWEIGHT and AX LIGHTNESS mounted.
    sometimes we need to adjust to new products. but all in all, I love my ti bicycle because it is sort of timeless, the replacement of the groupo now and then seems good enough. it is a long term machine beyond fashion. to me at least!
    Attached Images Attached Images

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    I wish they would find a better kit designer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I like the new website, plus i think the prebuilt models are very well equipped. Hopefully the ti fabrication will stay at the level it is now and not become a mass production shop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FTR View Post
    I wish they would find a better kit designer.
    what exactly turns you off about their latest voler and castelli stuff ? I think it looks pretty nice

FTR
    Burn baby, burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
    what exactly turns you off about their latest voler and castelli stuff ? I think it looks pretty nice
    It is just boring "shop kit" designed kit.
    No doubt that the Castelli kit will be decent quality but the designs are just boring and could be for any number of bike shops unless you look closely.
    I dont see that much difference between these "new" designs and the ones I bought from Moots when I first got my Compact back in 2008.

la dolce vita
    I agree the kit is bush league in design. Doesn't stand in the same space as the frames. They need to throw some $$$ at a good designer and those things will fly off the shelf. Their owner's club kit is equally as bad.
    insert witty comment here