car hits riders in los gatos!
    ultralord

car hits riders in los gatos!

I was out riding at 4pm today on highway 9 from saratoga to los gatos. 1 mile from university ave. in Los Gatos, there's about 10 cops on 9, with a lane closed and taking pictures and investigating.

All the cops had a serious look on their face. There was also a chopper flying in circles above los gatos for at least 1 hour!

When I get home, I hear it's pretty serious situation and a developing story. Rider killed, hit and run driver at large.

Anyone know more? Who are the riders that got hit?

francois

-------
    Hit and Run Driver Kills One Bicyclist, Injures Another
    Source: kcbs
    Publication date: 2004-02-19

(KCBS) - Authorities in the South Bay are looking for a hit and run driver accused of hitting two bicyclists in Los Gatos Thursday afternoon.

According to the Los Gatos-Monte Serreno Police Department, officers received a call about 1:30 p.m. Witnesses say the driver of a red van struck two bicyclists from behind, while driving eastbound on Highway 9 near Ridgecrest Avenue. The pair was taken to Valley Medical Center in San Jose.

One of the bicyclists, identified only as a 53 year-old man, was pronounced dead at the hospital. The other victim was admitted in critical condition.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

Oct 2002
    Never good to see that kind of news.
    Bikes:
    Cyclocross bike '06 Lemond Poprad
    Road racing bike '06 Trek 5.2

Roadbikereview member

Cyclist Killed in Hit and Run

Got this link from the SJ Mercury http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/8002107.htm
    This is in my neck of the woods., very sad to hear this happening so close to home. I don't understand why people can't take personal responsibility for their actions.
    Rick