Quote Originally Posted by DrMtGoat View Post
    First time post, first Wilier bike!

Just took delivery of my new 2015 frame Wilier Zero.7 . . . I'm in love
    I would ride that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Hey akeelor,

I hope you enjoy your bike.

My LBS has a deal on 2014 GTS (I suspect manufacture date is 2013). From what I notice in pictures the cables are red vs. yours are black (I suppose you have replaced the crank). Do you have any idea if there were any significant changes btw 2013 vs 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by akeelor View Post
    Ready to go - 2014 GTS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daurpaul View Post
    Hey akeelor,

I hope you enjoy your bike.

My LBS has a deal on 2014 GTS (I suspect manufacture date is 2013). From what I notice in pictures the cables are red vs. yours are black (I suppose you have replaced the crank). Do you have any idea if there were any significant changes btw 2013 vs 2014?
    Bike has been great. Almost 3K miles on it this year. I sourced the frame and components and had the bike built. Ultra 6800 complete grupo and Boyd wheels. A bit different from the stock set up. What kind of deal are they offering? BTW the GTS was a new model for 2014.
    Last edited by akeelor; 09-22-2014 at 05:53 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Ah I see. Now that you've mentioned that I notice the seat is also not what comes with stock.

It's $2,199 at LBS. I am quite sure I can make them drop another 10% (as far as I see the original MSRP was $2,599). It's Ultegra 6800 except for brakes and crank which are custom-built with Wilier branding.
    They said they didn't do well with Wilier sales lately so no new stock in foreseeable future. They are the only Wilier dealer in Houston and I am a bit concerned about what if they decide to drop the brand altogether.

Bike has been great. Almost 3K miles on it this year. I sourced the frame and components and had the bike built. Ultra 6800 complete grupo and Boyd wheels. A bit different from the stock set up. What kind of deal are they offering? BTW the GTS was a new model for 2014.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daurpaul View Post
    Ah I see. Now that you've mentioned that I notice the seat is also not what comes with stock.

It's $2,199 at LBS. I am quite sure I can make them drop another 10% (as far as I see the original MSRP was $2,599). It's Ultegra 6800 except for brakes and crank which are custom-built with Wilier branding.
    They said they didn't do well with Wilier sales lately so no new stock in foreseeable future. They are the only Wilier dealer in Houston and I am a bit concerned about what if they decide to drop the brand altogether.
    I wouldn't worry about them dropping the brand. What is unique to this bike is the frame. Everything else is common and easily serviceable. Warranty is covered by the manufacturer not the LBS. $2199 is a pretty good price on the complete bike. I purchased the frame alone from Switzerland for $1500 delivered. There are so many choices at this price point, but I love the aesthetics of the the Wilier frame and the handling is great. Also, I was in the the market for the geometry found in this bike, much like the Specialized Roubaix or Trek Domane.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Yep, I am with you on geometry. Only my other option is Cannondale Synapse 5 Carbon. It's $2,380 and 105 5800. I spoke to a few guys around and it looks like the only "downside" is Wiliers 5 yrs vs. C'dale 'lifetime' warranty.

I wouldn't worry about them dropping the brand. What is unique to this bike is the frame. Everything else is common and easily serviceable. Warranty is covered by the manufacturer not the LBS. $2199 is a pretty good price on the complete bike. I purchased the frame alone from Switzerland for $1500 delivered. There are so many choices at this price point, but I love the aesthetics of the the Wilier frame and the handling is great. Also, I was in the the market for the geometry found in this bike, much like the Specialized Roubaix or Trek Domane.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been searching for a Wilier frame in the wife's size (54 - Med) and found this Thor on ebay weeks ago, frame has very few miles according to the original owner and the upright bar has no chips in the clear so I believe him. She is very happy and now I have my Imperiale back as she was riding it a bit albeit to big for her. I built her bike up with 10 speed Ultegra, here's the pair.....

IMG_20141007_190625_zpsxw2qo5hl.jpgIMG_20141007_190938_zpsuz0daz3i.jpgIMG_20141007_173737500_zps6kvclum0.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    image.jpgI'm currently selling my 2012 cento sl 2012 Wilier Cento SL Medium 54 Complete Bike | eBay

If you have any questions please message me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Looking for some thoughts here. I am currently riding a Wilier Thor with mainly Campagnolo Record components.

I have the itch to upgrade. I have been offered two options 1) Zero.9 with FSA Force components or 2) Cento1 SR with Campagnolo Chorus. The Cento1 is ~$1000 more.

I am trying to decide if one it is worth upgrading to either of these bikes and two which one is the better buy. I know they are both great bikes but maybe I am better off waiting. Maybe the upgrade is not really worth the money right now and I would be better off waiting another year or two.

There is nothing wrong with the Thor. I am just hoping to get a bit faster. I have new wheels on the way but maybe I should get a new bike to go along with them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Looking for some thoughts here. I am currently riding a Wilier Thor with mainly Campagnolo Record components.

I have the itch to upgrade. I have been offered two options 1) Zero.9 with FSA Force components or 2) Cento1 SR with Campagnolo Chorus. The Cento1 is ~$1000 more.

I am trying to decide if one it is worth upgrading to either of these bikes and two which one is the better buy. I know they are both great bikes but maybe I am better off waiting. Maybe the upgrade is not really worth the money right now and I would be better off waiting another year or two.

There is nothing wrong with the Thor. I am just hoping to get a bit faster. I have new wheels on the way but maybe I should get a new bike to go along with them.

RoadBikeReview Member

Calling All Wilier Owners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the one with campy.

MXRacer986
    Mar 2014
    Zero 7 built up yesterday. Last Wilier I had was a Iozard, think it was a20141119_133726.jpg20141119_133504_Burst04.jpg 2003ish. It came in at 15.67 with pedals, cages and garmin. Havent ridden it yet... today I hope!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Dude - I am very close to doing a build on a 2015 Zero.7. Every time I look at the bike I think I am being stupid by waiting.

Please pass on the details of you build and your impression of the ride vs. your last Wilier.

A Zero.7 build will be a big jump for me from my Wilier Thor Record.

rooky tour rider
    Just finished my Wilier Izoard XP,
    probably should have taken a nice picture outside in the sun (if there would be any),
    but just couldn't wait to show her off.

IMG_0230.jpg

Samfujiabq
    Beautiful! Let me know how she rides.
    For every uphill there's a downhill,for every headwind there's a tailwind!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    I still have my wilier cento 1 sl frame for sale on here if anybody is interested.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015
    Hi - new to the forum - so just a note to say 'Hi' and the new bike arrived on the 28th of December... Father Christmas got a flat. Anyway - love the bike - Cento1 Air, super record, Zipp 60's - can't get the smile off my face. Replaced a Look KX Dura Ace that's been a trusty ride for 8 years.
    Cento1Air.jpg
    Last edited by Petes65; 01-05-2015 at 11:00 AM.

rooky tour rider
    Nice! I've liked the Cento1 Air since I saw it. Zipp always a favorite.
    Dope ride

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015

Cento1 Air - (my) first impressions

Cento1Air2.jpg

Well I finally got to go for a short ride on the Cento1Air last night after doing my back in 2 weeks ago... the bike arrived on the 28th of last month and could only look at it until last night... the anticipation was about as painful as my back.

Anyway - a few thoughts on the ride. For some perspective my last bike was a Look KX all DuraAce about 9 years old. The reviews on the Wilier were somewhat mediocre but it was mainly dinged for stock running gear - a crappy Shimano wheel set (cheap) and Ultraga which while okay, on a $5-8K bike underwhelming. So mine came with Zipp 60s, full Campy Super Record (with OS FSA BB).

First impressions were fantastic. It's so much faster than the Look - if I was coming off a newer bike the difference wouldn't have been so noticeable, but the Air was amazingly fast. No discernible BB flex at all, wheels are lovely and not as bad as some have said with side gusts - so that was a bonus.

My biggest surprise was how smooth it was. After reports of a harsh ride (and my currently dodgy back) I was quite worried about the ride quality. It was too good a deal to miss so it was an internet purchase - hence no test ride to assess ride quality. Anyway - very smooth, soaked up bumps better than the KX and tracks beautifully around fast bumpy corners. It's pretty flat here (north FL) but some nice rolling hills. It came in at ~16lb with peddles on, so not super light but okay... put a smile on my face from ear to ear
    Last edited by Petes65; 01-08-2015 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Add pic - upright!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015
    Opps - now in linear view - sorry
    Last edited by Petes65; 01-08-2015 at 08:20 AM. Reason: double post

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015
    Hi All-

New to the forum and looking for some quick advice on purchasing a 2014 GTS. I've shopped around and found one for $2,200 out the door. Seems like a great deal vs. $2,600 sticker price and would free up $$$ for other upgrades. Curious if anyone on this thread can comment on price vs. value and riding impressions of the GTS?
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015
    I'm sure you've checked it through but watch changes to the general kit specification. With mine there were so many different mods that it was getting tricky keeping track of it all. Also watch the model of the chain sets etc. I'm head over heals with my Air1, it came with 2012 Super Record rather than 2014/5... my understanding is there's not a huge difference between them (mechanical) so it didn't bother me... but I sure that's one of the reasons the price was much lower. Personally - I'm not that anal about it.. I just love the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2015
    Anyone heard much about the Zero 9? Had my sights set on a GTS then went to my LBS and the guy said if I can afford it the Zero 9 is an incredible ride. The GTS is on sale for $2,100 and I've found the Zero 9 from an international dealer for $2,700 (shipping taxes included) Price difference seems minimal for what I'd be gaining. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frederick1 View Post
    Anyone heard much about the Zero 9? Had my sights set on a GTS then went to my LBS and the guy said if I can afford it the Zero 9 is an incredible ride. The GTS is on sale for $2,100 and I've found the Zero 9 from an international dealer for $2,700 (shipping taxes included) Price difference seems minimal for what I'd be gaining. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Those two bikes have completely different frame geometries. GTS is endurance oriented and Zero 9 is race oriented. To me price is irrelevant if the fit isn't correct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Calling All Wilier Owners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those two bikes have completely different frame geometries. GTS is endurance oriented and Zero 9 is race oriented. To me price is irrelevant if the fit isn't correct.
    Agree that the fit should be the first priority. Also, don't be too fooled that the GTS can't feel racy. The GTS stack & reach is almost identical to the Felt AR which is a race bike.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 33343536 LastLast