CentoUno Superleggera...
    RoadBikeReview Member

CentoUno Superleggera...

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my new toy, I just got it yesterday and can't wait to ride it .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Sweet, congrats! Lemme guess.....Two Hubs shop? It looks like their parking lot!

Did you buy everything there? Or build up your own components?

I have the same frame that I need built up, but haven't picked a shop yet, since I'm dealing with a pinched nerve issue the past 2.5 months .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
    Sweet, congrats! Lemme guess.....Two Hubs shop? It looks like their parking lot!

I have the same frame that I need built up, but haven't picked a shop yet, since I'm dealing with a pinched nerve issue the past 2.5 months .

Yes, I got it at 2 hubs, they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse the only parts that are used are the gruppo, they are pretty good over there they should be able to build your bike for you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Gene,,congrats,,looks like its gonna fly the way it was set-up,,be ready,,,just kidding,,lol,,enjot,,Ed

RoadBikeReview Member
    Erion,,just curious how your pinched nerve issues happened?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    As far as the pinched nerve.....not entirely sure, but most likely cuz I tried to "fill in" for a construction worker who didn't show at my house. He was supposed to demo the master bathroom floor tiles, but didn't show. Long story short, I banged tiles for 20 minutes and gave up....but two days later I had an ache in my shoulder blade, then it started radiating down my arm, all the way to the index finger. I've been told a C6 nerve issue.

Conservative phys. therapy for 5 weeks got 70% better, but the last 3 weeks has flattened out and triceps/forearm still aches some. The forward riding position on a motorcycle or bike is the most nagging position

Trying to stay conservative, so holding off on MRI and/or cortisone shots. Hoping 2-4 more weeks, max. Frustrating .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congrats. She is definitely a looker. From personal experience, she is one of the best all around-do everything bike that I've owned. Especially excels on climbs. Enjoy.

Next time u r at 2 hubs, tell Mani and Chary that Tony said hi.
    EyeGuy

RoadBikeReview Member
    As far as the pinched nerve.....not entirely sure, but most likely cuz I tried to "fill in" for a construction worker who didn't show at my house. He was supposed to demo the master bathroom floor tiles, but didn't show. Long story short, I banged tiles for 20 minutes and gave up....but two days later I had an ache in my shoulder blade, then it started radiating down my arm, all the way to the index finger. I've been told a C6 nerve issue.

Conservative phys. therapy for 5 weeks got 70% better, but the last 3 weeks has flattened out and triceps/forearm still aches some. The forward riding position on a motorcycle or bike is the most nagging position

Trying to stay conservative, so holding off on MRI and/or cortisone shots. Hoping 2-4 more weeks, max. Frustrating .

Ron,
    I am going to have to come over and do some kind of PT on you to get u out there before u miss another season.

All kidding aside, really hope u get well soon. Would love to get some Cento 1 owners in SoCal together for a friendly ride.
    EyeGuy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Yeah, Tony....this issue is pissing me off. Both the Dr. and the therapist seem to think it's most likely a "one-time" shoulder/elbow issue and not a true cervical disc issue. That, at least, makes me feel better. Haven't pressed for an MRI and it's not bad enough to do any cortisone shots...just dull aching in tricep/elbow area. I went to wearing a forearm band for tendinitis at the suggestion of the doc...eh, maybe it's a little better. He wants to watch for 2-4 weeks more.

Started leaning toward TwoHubs, over Edge Cyclesports, to do my build....then called and they wanted $250 to do the build. Edge was $150, plus they would do additional fitting for $50, if needed. Now I'm not sure what I want to do...

RoadBikeReview Member
    twohubs build a bike for free if you buy the frame from them, the $250 price mark is a pimp ride set-up build, you’ll be surprise how meticulous this guys are, even on the leveling of the derailleur cables..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Great looking bike. Just curious about your set up, bike size and measurements. I'm about to buy a SL and am between a small and medium

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ivor View Post
    Great looking bike. Just curious about your set up, bike size and measurements. I'm about to buy a SL and am between a small and medium
    I 5'6" my bike is a small. Here is the updated look of my bike. I got the Cosmic Carbone SLE yesterday, I had the Fulcrum racing one on it but transferred that to my Orbea Onix, Both have full DA's except for the Cento's Q-rings both are compact.

Cento's setup:
    3T handlebar and stem 44x90
    Look Keo Carbon blade pedals
    Selle Italia SLR Carbonio
    Fulcrum Racing 1 2-way fit/ Updated to Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLE.
    Rotor Q-rings OCP3 Compact

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    that bike looks amazing. The wheels look great. I'm not a fan of how the dura ace crank looks on the SL. Great upgrade.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

Test Bike for the Weekend

LBS built this one up for me to take out for the weekend, put 120 miles on it. Dream to ride, glad I tested it as this is small and I'm going to get a medium. Also glad they put the red cables on for me, as I dont like them now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

Almost my new SL

So I thought Friday was going to be my lucky day, this was to the be the bike (still waiting on the white stem), but as they were putting my Easton's on they found a blemish on the underside of the top tube, so I now I have to wait for a fresh one from Wilier and two more weeks, well at least I was taking the Trek from Dallas to soCal to climb Mt Baldy a couple of times next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    So I thought Friday was going to be my lucky day, this was to the be the bike (still waiting on the white stem), but as they were putting my Easton's on they found a blemish on the underside of the top tube, so I now I have to wait for a fresh one from Wilier and two more weeks, well at least I was taking the Trek from Dallas to soCal to climb Mt Baldy a couple of times next week.
    Love the matte black. Wish my red/white/black Cento1 was matte black.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Ivor, what's your size (height, inseam)?

Thanks - I'm in the same boat and believe I'm in between a M and L......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Hey there, I'm 5,8 with a 31.5 inseem, I'm going with the medium. I was between S and M.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Hey there, I'm 5,8 with a 31.5 inseem, I'm going with the medium. I was between S and M.
    Thanks Ivor. I'm 5'11" w/31.75" inseam and have been leaning toward the M as well. If I go with the L, I'd end up covering part of the "S" on the seat-mast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Nice bikes