Cinelli owners - roll call - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackerman View Post
    It's that seat that drops off in the front. It makes the distance look off. My measurements are dead on from seat tip to centre of bars so I can't change It! I've changed the seat to a red one now and adjusted the angle a bit better so perhaps now it looks a bit better. White bottle cages too and stickers on the power meter.

Attachment 301303
    I think that the reason Strongbow calls for a setback seatpost has nothing to do with your fit, but the seat looking to be slid all the way back on the rails while using the non setback post. If that is the case, you'd be better served with a setback post as there would be less stress on the seat rails.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    Ah. I get it now. I thought it was more a look thing but yes, I am using too much of the front of the rails up and a set back would centre it nicely.

Honey do list will need to wait again. Off to the Internet I go to shop!

image.jpg
    2014 Giant Propel Advanced SL - Di2's (15lbs)
    2015 Guru Photon R Disc Custom - Super Record (15lbs)
    2013 Cinelli Experience - Campy (Winter Road Bike)
    2010 Giant Anthem Full Suspension Mountain Bike
    -Fav accessories, Mad Fibers, FSA Bars, Power2Max Power Meter Crankset(s), Mavic R-SYS SLR Tubulars, Northwave Arctic Winter Shoes
    -Self admitted Weight Weenie and Mac Addict
    -Proudly self employed | EO Toronto Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackerman View Post
    Ah. I get it now. I thought it was more a look thing but yes, I am using too much of the front of the rails up and a set back would centre it nicely.
    yes, what Velodog said. I wasn't trying to say you should move your seat back or change a seat post just for the way it looks.

It looks like your current seat post has a very long clamp so that's good but clamping all the way at one end puts more stress on the rails and can dedfinitely lead to them snapping. You might want to change it sooner rather than later especially if you're a heavy person.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    Already changed! I realized my wife's bike had a set back seat post that she did not need and swapped them out. Her post was a bit heavier but the hell... it's a winter bike and the heavier this one is, the faster I'll be in the spring on the light race bike!

Thanks for the suggestion.
    2014 Giant Propel Advanced SL - Di2's (15lbs)
    2015 Guru Photon R Disc Custom - Super Record (15lbs)
    2013 Cinelli Experience - Campy (Winter Road Bike)
    2010 Giant Anthem Full Suspension Mountain Bike
    -Fav accessories, Mad Fibers, FSA Bars, Power2Max Power Meter Crankset(s), Mavic R-SYS SLR Tubulars, Northwave Arctic Winter Shoes
    -Self admitted Weight Weenie and Mac Addict
    -Proudly self employed | EO Toronto Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I've owned 4 total, but current Cinellis are a custom Cinelli X MASH and a new Saetta...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    [QUOTE=armstrong;4522941]I have a question about the Cinelli "stamp" that goes on the shell. I've read somewhere that if your Cinelli doesn't have it, it's a fake. QUOTE]

Perfect segue to say I would argue quite the contrary - the Cinelli stamped bottom bracket didn't appear until Cino Cinelli had all but left the company in the hands of Antonio Columbo in late 1970s. Prior to that all 'real' Cinelli's were hand made in Italy (there wasn't any other sort back then) under the guidance of Cino and had no 'Cinelli' on the BB.

For hardcore Cinelli lovers the era when flying C Cinelli stamped frames started appearing marked the turning point in Cinelli in terms of quality and as a marque - Cinelli in name but not in spirit.

Needless to say I am a purist - my '72 Speciale Corsa - mint and unridden.

RoadBikeReview Member
    [QUOTE=dadoflam;4838083]
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I have a question about the Cinelli "stamp" that goes on the shell. I've read somewhere that if your Cinelli doesn't have it, it's a fake. QUOTE]

Perfect segue to say I would argue quite the contrary - the Cinelli stamped bottom bracket didn't appear until Cino Cinelli had all but left the company in the hands of Antonio Columbo in late 1970s. Prior to that all 'real' Cinelli's were hand made in Italy (there wasn't any other sort back then) under the guidance of Cino and had no 'Cinelli' on the BB.

For hardcore Cinelli lovers the era when flying C Cinelli stamped frames started appearing marked the turning point in Cinelli in terms of quality and as a marque - Cinelli in name but not in spirit.

Needless to say I am a purist - my '72 Speciale Corsa - mint and unridden.

It deserves to be ridden.

Not to be rude, but a collector saves his bike while a purist rides his.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    I also have a rider - a '71 SC frame saved from the rubbish - being built up a little differently - will post pics when finished

Edit: maybe 'purist' isn't the right term - more like 'OCD grumpy retro grouch' I guess.
    Last edited by dadoflam; 04-20-2015 at 04:12 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Front derailleur
    is clamp on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Mine is a 2014 Cinelli Experience Veloce. It's my first Cinelli, but will not be my last. I love this bike!

Last edited by MrB67; 05-19-2015 at 09:07 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004

My Cinelli Xcr!!

Pics don't do this build justice. 16.33lbs as pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bikesinmud; 09-28-2017 at 07:57 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    ^^^oh lord...that is gorgeous - care to plz give build deets?

well, as long as i'm here & since you mentioned weight? riding my baby tarckish atm & yes, is steel - not a single bit of crabon on it

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    My XCR is a XL, Columbus fork, CK headset, SR '15 with Bora Ultra tubulars, veloflex carbon tubs, Keo chromoly pedals, Fizik 00 bar and post, 130mm stem, Aliante K'ium saddle and Fizik bar tape, Elite cages. Rides like heaven, don't miss my Cento 1 SL at all, which was 1lb lighter.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Here is my addition to the Cinelli thread. A 2018 CInelli XCR Magic Mirror in a 48/52.
    Brand new, I have around 200 miles so far and cant wait to get back on.

XCR.jpg

fxx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara9261 View Post
    Here is my addition to the Cinelli thread. A 2018 CInelli XCR Magic Mirror in a 48/52.
    Brand new, I have around 200 miles so far and cant wait to get back on.

XCR.jpg
    Hi, fellow Cinelli Xcr owner here, do you have any problems with slipping seatpost? I snapped 2 binder bolts already trying to tighten the seatpost. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    [QUOTE=fxx;5253142]Hi, fellow Cinelli Xcr owner here, do you have any problems with slipping seatpost? I snapped 2 binder bolts already trying to tighten the seatpost. Sigh.

No, it is still brand new and I have only adjusted the seat post twice. I am using a torq wrench set at 5.5 and so far so good. What a gorgeous bike this is! I really like the straight blade fork and 44mm head tube.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fxx View Post
    Hi, fellow Cinelli Xcr owner here, do you have any problems with slipping seatpost? I snapped 2 binder bolts already trying to tighten the seatpost. Sigh.

Are you sure it's the right sized seatpost?

Then try some carbon assembly paste. I've used it on a slipping aluminum handlebar stem interface with success.
    Too old to ride plastic

fxx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Yep it is a 31.6mm Thomson, the stays are so far apart that having a tight clamp seems to be a design flaw, the bolt should be bigger diameter. My second bolt just snapped the first time I tighten it and was not even very tight.

I am waiting for my 3rd bolt and going to clean the seatpost and inside diameter seat tube with isopropyl alcohol, I suspect that it could be the copper anti-sieze that is causing the slip.
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Are you sure it's the right sized seatpost?

Then try some carbon assembly paste. I've used it on a slipping aluminum handlebar stem interface with success.

fxx
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    My Cinelli Xcr circa 2010, one of the earliest with integrated headset.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456