Cinelli owners - roll call
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Diphthong

Talking Cinelli owners - roll call

Now is the time for all Cinelli owners to speak up. We're off in "other" land but be loud and be proud of your Italian steed.

I ride a 2001 Starship and love every second of it.

EuroCrash

OK - here is mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    Now is the time for all Cinelli owners to speak up. We're off in "other" land but be loud and be proud of your Italian steed.

I ride a 2001 Starship and love every second of it.

2002 Starlight w/ DA
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    having problems reducing the size of my picture.
    Last edited by hppy4u; 03-01-2004 at 09:40 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Jan 2004

Cool Starships Rule

I recently bought a 2002 Starship frame with a Muscle fork. It's now finished and I love the ride. It's better than my Calfee or Aegis. One thing is for sure, you won't see anyone else out there riding the same bike.
    MrCinelli

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!

Not yet, but counting the days...

I've got an 03 Proxima frame with full Ultegra coming soon from GVHBikes. Unfortunately I have to go to Switzerland (yeah, I know--you cry for me) next week so I had to have them delay shipping. Once I've got it, I'll try to post a photo or at least give a quick review.

Though I'm keen to go to Switzerland, and have a definite need for a vacation, it was hard to make myself tell them to hold off. I want it NOW!

NOW I'm a Cinelli owner

My Proxima came in last night. I haven't done anything more than assemble it and ride it up and down the block in jeans and street shoes, so I can't review, but it looks the business, and fits great. I may need to invert the stem, as the bars are much lower than I'm accustomed to, but I'm not changing anything until I get a few miles on it.

I'll try to post a photo soon--but you can picture it: Flat black with white lettering (the lettering has red outlines), black bar tape, all Ultegra. Sure, it's strange to have Shimano on an Italian bike, but to be honest I'm not sure how "made in Italy" this frame is anyway. Regardless, it's a good deal beyond what I've had before, so I'm well chuffed.

I've seen a review or two of this frame that complained about "rough welds." Let me just say that, while they're definitely not polished to be nice and smooth ala recent Can-o-ale, they're very professional looking and even. No way would I complain about them. There were also complaints about the fact that the bike is not clear-coated. Well, you've got me there--it isn't, and the decals are right out in the open. I'm not sure how you'd get a flat black bike with clearcoat, though, so I frankly never expected it would have it. I'm neither suprised nor disappointed.

Looking forward to a nice ride this evening!

Pyg

Jun 2004
    Cinelli Stralight with Campy Record 10 Ksyrium SSC SL

EuroCrash
    Hey Pyg,

How's the clearence between your crankarm and chainstay? Mine was minimal and I actually had to get another frame (LOOK) instead - sad because I really liked how the Starlight rode, but maybe I was too fat for it.

Btw anyone interesed in the frame+fork, very cheap, let me know!

SS

Pyg

Jun 2004
    Looks to be about 1/2 the distance of my C'dale..maybe 1/2" or a little less clearance?

What size?

Quote Originally Posted by 52-16SS
    Hey Pyg,

How's the clearence between your crankarm and chainstay? Mine was minimal and I actually had to get another frame (LOOK) instead - sad because I really liked how the Starlight rode, but maybe I was too fat for it.

Btw anyone interesed in the frame+fork, very cheap, let me know!

SS
    What size is your frame? I'm kind of looking for a second bike, and it would be way cool to have a shiny white one to go with my flat black one.

EuroCrash
    bikerboy,
    The Starlight is an XL, I ride a 57x57 Look and Fondriest, and the Cinelli fits equally well.

SS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002

Cinelli Proxima

Hello All,
    Just wanted to share a photo of my Cinelli Proxima as it sits right now.

2004 Cinelli Proxima (Sky Blue)
    Campagnolo Chorus Group
    Look KEO pedals
    Deda Metalstick seatpost & 215 handlebars
    Selle San Marco Aspide saddle
    ITM Forged Lite Carbon stem
    Mavic Ksyrium SSC wheels (Campagnolo Scirocco training wheels)
    Michelin ProRace tires
    Tacx bottle cages and Cateye wireless computer

It's my first aluminum frame and so far after about 500+ miles the ride seems very responsive and quick (borderline twitchy but it's exactly what I was looking for). Additionally, the frame is very stiff and relatively lightweight (feels like a 16-17 lbs bike).

Aug 2006

New Cinelli Mecano owner here in Australia

Confirmed my Cinelli Mecano order with the LBS today - ready this Friday, in time for a Sat ride!

Specs:
    - full Shimano Ultegra group set/ 07 Ultegra wheel set/ pedal set
    - white Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow Trans-Am saddle woth matching bar tape
    - color carbon/orange

Will take photo's this w/end, in the mean time a scan...

Is it just me, but there does not seem many discussion's about Cinelli bikes on this & other on-line forums?

Sep 2006
    oh yea, cinellis r awesome. i got a 2006 Cinelli Mecano. I cant get off the thing

Diphthong
    Nice bike. I'm jealous. One of these days I'll have the $3k to drop on an XLR8R frame.
    I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of $hit, man.

Aug 2006

& here she is!

My Bella next to my other Italian Bruto (AlfaRomeo 147GTA #100/100 the last of teh Italian 3.2 V6s)

Apologies if the photo is not up to standard...
    "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate rememberance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." Ernest Hemingway

Diphthong
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatG
    My Bella next to my other Italian Bruto (AlfaRomeo 147GTA #100/100 the last of teh Italian 3.2 V6s)
    Which is faster???

Diphthong
    I found a Starlight on ebay today. If only it were in black...ah hell. Who am I kidding. I'd buy it if I had the $$$.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

sorry no pic, but i have a starship, flat back

with record 10, zero g brakes, AM classic sprint 350 wheels, it is my hill climb bike
    very nice--incredibly so since i usually have trouble with aluminum being harsh (after a rear-end MVA). my prior climbing bike was a coppi KSC plane--sold after the car accident. the strship i find more comfortable (longest ride on it 106 miles)
    jim

Diphthong
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcav
    with record 10, zero g brakes, AM classic sprint 350 wheels, it is my hill climb bike
    very nice--incredibly so since i usually have trouble with aluminum being harsh (after a rear-end MVA). my prior climbing bike was a coppi KSC plane--sold after the car accident. the strship i find more comfortable (longest ride on it 106 miles)
    jim
    I have the flat black Starship as well. It was love at first sight. I've commuted on it for over 5,000 miles with nary a problem.

Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    Which is faster???
    @ Bulldozer
    - as we all know it depends on the engine, Italian cars are are known for their fickle nature... Touch wood, I have been lucky... 0-100km in 5.6
    "It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate rememberance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." Ernest Hemingway

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    Hey Phat, congrats on that great bike. Do you ride much at Centennial Park?? I'll be looking out for that hot rig if you do!

Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Italianrider76
    Hey Phat, congrats on that great bike. Do you ride much at Centennial Park?? I'll be looking out for that hot rig if you do!
    @Italianrider76
    - Yes I do the C/Park (M,W,F,S or S from 0600 - 0700) whilst I'm getting my road-craft skills up... I'll be the slowest around the circuit... But with the biggest GRIN whilst enjoying the ride...
    Last edited by PhatG; 09-27-2006 at 01:16 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Love seeing the Starships. And you're right... don't see too many Cinelli's around of ANY kind.

I am slowly warming to the idea of white bar tape. Maybe just the bottom half of the drops.

Last edited by Vancemac; 03-03-2007 at 11:03 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    hi all,

im a little slow in finding this post, but anyway. thought you all might like to see my bike. its still new and shiny and makes me smile, 2006 Cinelli xlr8r with ultegra bits and pieces. i plan to get either mavic wheels or dura ace wheels to get the weight down a bit and make me go even faster.800 by 600 Cinelli XLR8R.jpg

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast