Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Ciocc owners check in!

33K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  WheelFast 
#1 ·
Come on I know I'm not the only one with one of these little gems.

See less See more
#31 ·
I recently picked up a Ciocc "Designer" I know nothing about. It desperately needs to be repainted, but the vintage Dura Ace components are sweet. I may even have to paint over the rear chromed stays - just don't have the money to get it rechromed.

Anyway, does anyone with similar internal routing have problems with paint chipping around the holes? I'd love to see the details of your Ciocc routing.

View attachment 281220 View attachment 281221 View attachment 281222 View attachment 281223 View attachment 281224 View attachment 281225 View attachment 281226

#40 ·
I got my Designer 84 home and in the process of restoring it. Did all the Ciocc's have a cutout on the bottom the the BB and also it is pantographed ciocc on the upper side of the BB. It was originally fitted with Campy Record grouppo and I'm putting it all back stock. The Derailluer has the Ti bolt which was a surprised to me. I'll get some pix up this week. The paint is original and could stand a repaint, the chrome is like new. You're correct there are no serial numbers on the frame.

#42 ·
I have 2 Cioccs, but they're both in my shop for sale, so I guess that doesn't count...

#43 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum, this thread, road bikes and Ciocc bikes so excuse any ridiculous questions! I have just bought a Ciocc from a friend for £300, see pic below. I ride a fixie and MTB and have been wanting to get a road bike for a while and got offered this and couldn't resist. I think it was a pretty good deal but I can't work out exactly what it is. I think it's about 2006, Dedacciai or COM 12.5 (are they even models, are they the same thing?). Excuse my ignorance... Anyone know what this is and if it was a good deal? It feels great, really fast.
Also, the paint is a bit chipped and worn in places and the decals are a bit tired. Is it a good idea to get it resprayed and decal'd? Feels like it should look as good as it rides!

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

#46 ·
I have a nice light blue Worlds 77 model Ciocc, probably about a 1980 or 1981 build date. It has Ten Speed Drive pantographing on the brake bridge, but the styling and dropout spread might indicate that its a Pellizoli-built Ciocc from right when TSD transitioned into the line. Pellizoli supposedly continued building Cioccs for TSD while they took over production. There are photos of it here (Ciocc World 77) from when Tall Bryan of Emerald City Bicycles owned it (I bought it from him through Ebay). I just have the frame and fork.

I've been meaning to get it restored and do a neo-retro build on it. I always loved seeing Cioccs crit racing in the '80s. Any suggestions on gruppos and such for this beastie?

Thanks,

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.