It's time for some Tommasini pics
    RoadBikeReview Member

It's time for some Tommasini pics

Here is my new build. I have had the frame set on display in my office for a couple of years and recently decided it was time to build it up and ride it. I put together a blend of Campy Record, Chorus and Centaur trying to use shiny parts for that retro look. It's gorgeous and so much fun to ride. DSCN0055S.JPGDSCN0056s.JPGDSCN0057s.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    I'll admit that I don't know anything about this brand, since I am very new to road biking, but that is a great looking bike! Classy and retro. Nice work!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I thought this day would never come... 1991 Tommasini Diamante. Mix of Campy era parts. It's pretty close to this build now. One owner - me. I got it shortly after my 18 birthday.IMG_9306.jpgDSC_0130.jpgIMG_2645.jpg
    Last edited by brewster; 05-13-2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: typo

RoadBikeReview Member
    One of my favorite Italians!!! For steel, it doesn't get any better!!!!

Hey Rjohn, do you still have the red one? That was a beauty too!! Between this one and the red one, its a toss up which is nicer.

Hey Brewster, is that your primary ride? I'm impressed that its in such good condition. Love your Tommasini too!
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good memory Ride-Fly. Yes, I have the red one. I haven't shown it here for a long time. Ya know, you can never have too many Tommasini's. I may like the red one a touch more because of the traditional quill stem. Maybe. It really depends on the mood I'm in. The one posted here took me on the Monster Cookie ride recently and I fell in love with it all over again.

Sweet bike Brewster. Take it out for rides often and show it off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJohn View Post
    Good memory Ride-Fly. Yes, I have the red one. I haven't shown it here for a long time. Ya know, you can never have too many Tommasini's. I may like the red one a touch more because of the traditional quill stem. Maybe. It really depends on the mood I'm in. The one posted here took me on the Monster Cookie ride recently and I fell in love with it all over again.

Sweet bike Brewster. Take it out for rides often and show it off.
    Monster Cookie Ride?? Are you in the Portland, OR area? Unless there are other rides with the same name. I had a red frameset just like yours-that's why I remembered yours. About 4 years ago, I sold it to a guy from the Salem area (or Corvalis' I can't recall for sure). He had just finished the Monster Cookie Ride so he stopped by to take a look at it and bought it.

Then I found my Tessa Red Tecno and I was made whole again.
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Small world Ride-Fly. Yup, Portland. I like the Monster Cookie ride and try to ride it every year. It's easy, fast and the cookies are pretty good too. It's a good warm up for the RACC too.
    It's good to hear you are back on red and chrome Italian steel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012

Re: It's time for some Tommasini pics

Wow, some nice bikes here.

I'm the original owner of this 1986 Tommasini, ordered from my local bike shop way back in my USCF racing days, though I also did many triathlons on it. It's been in storage for years while I went through a series of Cannondales, Treks and Cervelos.

I just recently built it up with all modern components, Campy 10, and will be doing an Ironman triathlon on it later in the year. Aerobars come off after that.

Fits me better than any bike ever has and I am loving the ride on this!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floridave View Post
    Wow, some nice bikes here.

I'm the original owner of this 1986 Tommasini, ordered from my local bike shop way back in my USCF racing days, though I also did many triathlons on it. It's been in storage for years while I went through a series of Cannondales, Treks and Cervelos.

I just recently built it up with all modern components, Campy 10, and will be doing an Ironman triathlon on it later in the year. Aerobars come off after that.

Fits me better than any bike ever has and I am loving the ride on this!
    That is very nice!!! Need more pics!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Yes indeed. It is my primary ride. I alternate between this and a Rossin/DA8 for road riding depending on my mood. I had a "modern" Trek 5500 which is now long sold, and a more modern De Rosa that is hanging bare on the wall.

I'm a little fanatical about cleaning my bikes after a ride and waxing on a regular basis. This paint is a lacquer type which has proven quite durable over the years. There are some character flaws when you see up close in person, but they don't bother me since I can remember when each was placed there. I've never rust treated the tubes. It never sees the elements. When this was made, Tommasini was doing some sort of preventative treatment to the frames at the factory prior to paint. It must work since mine doesn't suffer the usual rust issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Ah, Tommasini. In 1989, I was in high school and blew two years of lawn mowing money on a Tommasini "Comp" frame (Columbus SL). Neon quattro colore paint scheme (exactly like this one: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/ret...ini-27185.html), full DA, SSM Regal saddle, Modolo "Futura" cockpit (best looking and most dangerous stem of all time). Mavic Red Label MA40 tubs. I rode the **** out of that bike. $750 for the frame (Colorado Cyclist), if I recall. Try to get Italian steel for anywhere near even that inflation adjusted price these days.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride-Fly View Post
    That is very nice!!! Need more pics!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floridave View Post

really like the bike, really hate the aero bars.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Tig
    Clear Lake, TX
    Mmmm, tasty!
    I miss my old Tommasini Diamante. A crash took her a few decades ago. Only a shop stool from the rear triangle remains.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
    -Isaac Asimov

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    really like the bike, really hate the aero bars.
    HA! Yes I know. They come off in October when I finish an Ironman triathlon. (yes, I'm riding the Tommasini in it) I'll be glad to get them off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    1993 Tommasini Comp with original Chorus 8 speed, I need to take some pictures with something other than my iPhone...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    That's the most heart breaking photo I've ever seen! My heart aches and eyes weep.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brewster View Post
    That's the most heart breaking photo I've ever seen! My heart aches and eyes weep.
    Mine??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davcruz View Post
    Mine??
    It's just a guess, but Brewster is probably weeping over Tigs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davcruz View Post
    1993 Tommasini Comp with original Chorus 8 speed, I need to take some pictures with something other than my iPhone...

dave,
    sweet toma!!! Is that a size 60? Btw, I'm putting the chorus group I got from you to good use! It's on my Ti Lynskey CX.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks, yes it is a 60 cm c-c, but I think Tommasini measures c-t because I have the original receipt from purchase in 1993 and it states 62 cm...

Glad the Chorus group worked out, it was a nice group, I kinda wish I had hung onto it!

RoadBikeReview Member

A Little Love for an Old Thread

Tommasini Velocista from around 2007? Not sure but he's a total hot-rod.
    And my beloved 1994 Tecno.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Always glad to see those fine Tommasini and this old thread still has some life.