New BH G5 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New BH G5

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Thinking of posting my BH G5 forsale. PM if interested.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

Problems with the front derailleur and vertical tube.

Anyone have the same problem as me? Hardly any space between front derailleur and vertical tube in the small plate position.

I don`t know that this is usual or itīs wrong.

I have problems to adjust it fine because the derailleur touch the vertical tube so the chain touch with it when i put the 27.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    No problems here. I have a 7900 Dura Ace and the space between the derailleur and the vertical tube is quite wider. At first sight it seems that the derailleur spring is smaller in the Dura Ace...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    The mine is a DA 7800 with DA 7800 shifters. But I`ve tried with the 7900 derailleur and the distance betwen vertical tube and front derailleur is only 1-2 mm wider.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DelGancho View Post
    The mine is a DA 7800 with DA 7800 shifters. But I`ve tried with the 7900 derailleur and the distance betwen vertical tube and front derailleur is only 1-2 mm wider.

Thanks.
    I will make some pictures of mine and I will show you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    OK, thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Here you have a picture of my G5...As you can see the space between the vertical tube and the derailleur is quite wider than in your case...sorry for the quality of the picture...it was taken with a phone

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks.

I think the space is inside the red circle is wider than mine. I think that's the problem. I think my box has been fixed in that part on the past and then put up for sale, and that the people of BH did not do their job OK.

You can see one of my pictures with thin lines, painted in blue, which may indicate that this piece was repaired, because yours does not.

What do you think about it?

Thank you very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I do not know if that's the problem, but I do not think so: the position of the cranks is the same in your bike as in mine, so if your derailleur is closer to the vertical tube you could solve the problem by tightening the screw that controls the lowest position of the derailleur.
    If you find it helpful, I can take some measures in order to compare your bike with mine. The problem is that I am in Spain and we work with metrical scale...you just need to convert it into inches.
    If you find the latter interesting, please take pictures of how you are taking the measure in order to let me be as exact as possible when taking the measure on my bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks,

If I tighten the screw that controls the lowest position of the derailleur, the the chain rub the derailleur when i use the big gear of the cassete, in my case the 27. Therefore, I have positioned the derailleur on the only way it can work well. Donīt touch the frame and donīt rub with the chain with 34x27.

I'd appreciate that you will take measures of your frame to compare frames. It is not a problem, I am in spain too, so we can use the same metrical scale and the same lenguaje in PM, of course, if you like.

Iīll take pictures of how i take the measures to be the most exact as posible, ok?

Thanks a lot.

Muchas gracias ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Ok, take the pictures then I will do the same in my bike...it is just a few minutes to do it so feel free to demand it. If you want you can send me the pictures in a private message...
    About the lenguage...in a private message we can write in Spanish...in a public post I think it is better in English
    Anmyway, de nada!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I had a great warranty experience with BH and thought I'd share.

I bought a new G5 (flat black and blue) and was taking apart my older one for overhaul. I noticed what appeared to be a crack where the left chainstay meets the BB. While possibly just a paint flaw, I contacted BH and they encouraged me to send it in for a proper evaluation. They determined it was more than just paint and quickly shipped me a replacement. Brien and the rest of the guys there were friendly and fast about it and I am happy to have two new BH G5s - one black/blue and the other red/white.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456