Pedal Force RS2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedal Force RS2

Feb 2007

Pedal Force RS2

Any new builds? Here's mine. It's posted elsewhere, but I like it so much I can't help but start a thread down here.

David Leroy Loving, III
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Ok, I'll join in.

Mine a 58cm
    SRAM Force
    Bontrager X-Lite Wheels
    Forte Carbon Cages (after this Picture)
    Speedplay X2 Pedals
    Easton Carbon Bars an al stem

Weight, 16.3 lbs with cages, pedals, and computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In need of sock puppet
    I just wrapped up a full review on the Pedal Force RS2 in SRAM Rival for RBR. Click to read the review.

...and a few pics:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Nice bikes. can anyone make a comparison of this frame to another cf frame that you may find familiar. is it like a cannondale, giant, felt? just curious...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    As well as the RS2 above, I own a Ridley Excalibur, and a Specialized Tarmac Pro. All are very nice and have different ride characteristics, but I wouldn't say one is better or worse than the others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Woops... didn't see this thread and posted my own. I just built this one up today. I love it. I have a Cervelo R3 and a Felt F2 and this bike is every bit as stiff, light and handles just as well for a 1/4 of the price. I couldn't be happier. Time on the fram will tell though. I am sure it will be a great bike for a long time.

14.83 lbs with clinchers and not built up so light. 55cm. I am 6foot.

Enjoy.
    Frame RS2
    Sram Red Groupo
    KCNC Ti Post
    SLR Gel Flow Team Edition Saddle
    FSA OS-115 White Stem 110mm
    Ritchey Classic Alum Bar with Specialized S-works tape
    Ligero built Niobium 30mm rims, Sapim CxRay spokes, Tune Mig45 front hub and 180 rear hub.
    ProRace III tires and thorn proof tubes...LOL!!!!
    KCNC Skewers
    Dura Ace Pedals
    Forte 25gr Carbon Cages

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinwax
    Woops... didn't see this thread and posted my own. I just built this one up today. I love it. I have a Cervelo R3 and a Felt F2 and this bike is every bit as stiff, light and handles just as well for a 1/4 of the price. I couldn't be happier. Time on the fram will tell though. I am sure it will be a great bike for a long time.

14.83 lbs with clinchers and not built up so light. 55cm. I am 6foot.

Enjoy.
    Frame RS2
    Sram Red Groupo
    KCNC Ti Post
    SLR Gel Flow Team Edition Saddle
    FSA OS-115 White Stem 110mm
    Ritchey Classic Alum Bar with Specialized S-works tape
    Ligero built Niobium 30mm rims, Sapim CxRay spokes, Tune Mig45 front hub and 180 rear hub.
    ProRace III tires and thorn proof tubes...LOL!!!!
    KCNC Skewers
    Dura Ace Pedals
    Forte 25gr Carbon Cages

I love the white paint and carbon . Did you paint it, or did it offered that way? I bought the red and white/carbon version, but like yours much more.
    What do those wheels weigh? They must be crazy light to have gotten your build below 15lbs. 14.83, does that include the pedals?
    I'm running Dura Ace 7800, Zipp cranks, AC classic 350 wheels, KCNC brakes, Arione CX saddle, Easton EC90 SLX3 bars, A sort of heavy but really cool looking Control Tech seat post, Keo Sprints. I need to change out my cassette and get some lighter pedals to start getting serious, but right now I'm at 15.1 lbs.

Nice Bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCad5
    I love the white paint and carbon . Did you paint it, or did it offered that way? I bought the red and white/carbon version, but like yours much more.
    What do those wheels weigh? They must be crazy light to have gotten your build below 15lbs. 14.83, does that include the pedals?
    I'm running Dura Ace 7800, Zipp cranks, AC classic 350 wheels, KCNC brakes, Arione CX saddle, Easton EC90 SLX3 bars, A sort of heavy but really cool looking Control Tech seat post, Keo Sprints. I need to change out my cassette and get some lighter pedals to start getting serious, but right now I'm at 15.1 lbs.

Nice Bike!
    Correction though. It actually weighed out at 14.93 including pedals but no water bottle cages. Still very light. I should shave some weight with a lighter saddle (but I love the one on there), lighter Ritchey 4axis Stem and Carbon bars. I hate to say it, but I will probably just leave it the way it is. The bars are my faves right now with the Sram shifters. They worked horibly with the DA on my other bikes.
    The wheels are a few grams under 1400grams.

This is a new version that is not even on the site yet. You can order it, but there are no pictures.

Thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by spinwax; 08-28-2008 at 04:22 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So, did you have the painting done, or was it ordered that way? I wish mine was in that paint!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Terrific build. The white looks great.
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCad5
    So, did you have the painting done, or was it ordered that way? I wish mine was in that paint!
    It came from PF like that.

Thanks for the coments.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bumped this thread to report on the FKR8 fork that I just installed. I replaced an Easton EC90sl. the Easton is a perfectly good fork, and I have it on eBay, but for my purposes it was a bit harsh and transmitted the road to my hands - as in chip/seal. I think for racing, which I don't do, it's great, but for my recreational riding - centuries, etc over the chip seal I have found PF's own fork to be the thing I needed. It is plenty stiff, and compliant, plus it's a 45 like the bike is designed for. So, good for PF! As an importer, they are tops, and they have a well designed frame in the RS2, and the FKR8 is a very good complement.
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

close cousin?

I've heard that the Max Lelli Brigante uses the Pedal Force frame as well, I bought mine for $2,300 with 105/FSA components, race-x-lite wheels, it is a glossy clear-coat over the big-weave carbon, with white block letters that look cool (max lelli graphics are pretty cool if you guys want to google it)...

I've added Campy Chorus 11 full group, red keo sprint pedals, and recently came across some Zipp 404 Clinchers (not sure if I should keep the stickers or not)... red grip tape.

I'll try to find a photo to post if anyone is interested...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Here's the pics of my Max Lelli Brigante, cousin of PF? You decide..

Ok like I said before, the Pedal Force when viewed frame-only looks VERY similar to certain Max Lelli models, especially the Tiburza... my bike, the brigante, is very similar in shape to the tiburza/pf, though the seat stays don't come together above the brake, whereas the tiburza/pf do.

Still, view the pics and tell me what you think, I think its basically the same frame, and I think its by the same manufacturer (ADK)... in any case, I'm a new cyclist but love the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Here's the pics of my Max Lelli Brigante, cousin of PF? You decide..

Ok like I said before, the Pedal Force when viewed frame-only looks VERY similar to certain Max Lelli models, especially the Tiburza... my bike, the brigante, is very similar in shape to the tiburza/pf, though the seat stays don't come together above the brake, whereas the tiburza/pf do.

Still, view the pics and tell me what you think, I think its basically the same frame, and I think its by the same manufacturer (ADK)... in any case, I'm a new cyclist but love the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by editmire

I have a Pedal Force ZX3 which is the same (at least the mold if not the CF grade) as yours. Yes, it is from ADK. And my seatstays do not come together above the brakes. The ones that come together above the brakes are the ones from the RS. For some reason, there's a typo in the PF page that says ZX3 instead of RS. This is a picture from the real ZX3 section on PF.

https://pedalforce.com/online/images/zx3_12.jpg

Kiss The Road I Roll On??
    what sizes should a 6 foot 1 person get . and are these bikes durable ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roadaddict101
    what sizes should a 6 foot 1 person get . and are these bikes durable ?
    I am 6'1" 156lbs with very long legs and short upper body. I ride a 55 (pictured below) with a 10cm saddle to bar drop.

I absolutely love the bike. It is light, pretty stiff and good looking. I am a serious racer and beat on the bike everyday. It has been good to me and taken me to a top 5 in almost every race this yr. Hopefully that is a good enough testimonial.

thats all i need to hear i will buy one of these whats the price of your bike

banned
    Jul 2006
    I am 6'1" 156lbs with very long legs and short upper body. I ride a 55 (pictured below) with a 10cm saddle to bar drop.

I absolutely love the bike. It is light, pretty stiff and good looking. I am a serious racer and beat on the bike everyday. It has been good to me and taken me to a top 5 in almost every race this yr. Hopefully that is a good enough testimonial.

Very cool bike. One question. At 6'1" I would think you would go for a larger frame. What measurement do you have from the middle of the cranks to the top of the saddle?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I recently built up a RS2 with 2009 Rival. While I haven't logged many miles, I couldn't be happier with it. I guess time will tell. I will post pictures once I figure out how. If you are questioning the appropriate size, I would do some research to find out what will work best for you. FWIW, I'm 6'4" and have a 58cm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I think I figured out how to post pics.

what wheel set is that

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    thats all i need to hear i will buy one of these whats the price of your bike

Without those wheels, you could build a bike up like mine for way under 3k. With my aluminum training wheels (no Powertap), pedals, cages, it weighs in at under 15lbs.

what wheel set is that
    The wheels are 2009 Reynolds Strike Carbon 66mm with the stupid Strike sperm sticker removed...LOL. They are great and only a few grams heavier than the DV66 which is a lot more money. Our team gets a smokin deal on them so I couldn't go wrong. They utilize a good Japanese bearing hub as opposed to the very nice DT hubs in the DV wheels to keep cost down.
    Last edited by spinwax; 04-08-2009 at 02:03 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpinkt
    Very cool bike. One question. At 6'1" I would think you would go for a larger frame. What measurement do you have from the middle of the cranks to the top of the saddle?
    I have about a 92cm inseam so from the bottom of the pedal stroke minus 175mm would put it around 74.5cm give or take a few mm.

I can't ride a bigger frame because I would have to run a 70-80mm stem which would be ridiculous. A 10cm saddle to bar drop is not extreme for me. I could actually go lower, but I would lose power. I am very flexible and this set up is comfortable for me and makes the most power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast