Pegoretti- Wish I didn't see this.

Batteries not required
    Why?
    2012 Orbea Orca Gold. SRAM Red, Rolf Prima Ares 4
    2007 Orbea Orca. SRAM Force, HED Ardennes
    2010 Masi Soulville. SRAM Apex, Ritchey, Fizik
    2014 Felt F65X 'Cross SRAM Rival / Apex Avid disc brakes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Smoking. It's like watching Richard Sachs lighting his cig with a torch. Cycling + healthy lifestyle.
    Last edited by High Gear; 07-22-2010 at 04:47 AM.

Batteries not required
    That's what I thought....
    He's not very fit looking either. I heard he has blood cancer too
    2012 Orbea Orca Gold. SRAM Red, Rolf Prima Ares 4
    2007 Orbea Orca. SRAM Force, HED Ardennes
    2010 Masi Soulville. SRAM Apex, Ritchey, Fizik
    2014 Felt F65X 'Cross SRAM Rival / Apex Avid disc brakes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Classy..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Shux, the guy builds 'em he don't ride 'em.
    I'm pretty sure Ugo DeRosa smokes too.

Choice is a beautiful thing!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Better not buy anything from Trek, Specialized, or any other brand then...I'm pretty sure somebody smokes who works for them...

My Respo is the most incredible frame I've ever ridden. Quite honestly, short of being a mass-murderer or molesting school children, I don't care what Dario does. His work is phenomenal and his personality shows through in it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    That picture was from 2005. I hope he is not smoking today,

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I agree with Redd Foxx: "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."

Ummm
    Oct 2005
    He is Italian so of course he smokes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    Its not just that he smokes, but he looks like an unkept slob. Long greasy hair dressed like a hobo etc. Business is image, and I'd steer clear.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    He's not supposed to be a businessman. He is an artist.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rubbersoul
    Its not just that he smokes, but he looks like an unkept slob. Long greasy hair dressed like a hobo etc. Business is image, and I'd steer clear.
    For Petes sake, he works in a shop mitering and brazing steel. A little welding too. Oh, and let us not forget his painting.
    He's dressed as well as he needs in that environment.

banned
    Apr 2008

Himm. . .

Quote Originally Posted by rubbersoul
    You should note that artistic and gifted people are usually oddly dressed. Look at you typical rich rock star, and you'll not see khakis and a collard shirt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QQUIKM3
    You should note that artistic and gifted people are usually oddly dressed. Look at you typical rich rock star, and you'll not see khakis and a collard shirt.
    You are right. Take a look at Jackson Pollock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I thought you were talking about the article, where he explains that building frames isn't any big deal. All you need is some simple and inexpensive equipment. And practice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    Dario is cooler than any vegan in a three piece suit building bamboo bikes. I'd imagine that inhaling all of the gases from welding, painting and brazing effected his health a lot more than cigarettes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificaslim
    He's not supposed to be a businessman. He is an artist.
    Spot on there!

What do people want him to dress like...A business banker or something? Can imagine him wearing a micro fibre suit to the workshop for some serious wielding.
    S-Works Sl3 Project Black....nice!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rubbersoul View Post
    WTF? You need to stop before you continue to reinforce negative american stereotypes.

"Business is image"??? Mating call of someone that has no talent and has to rely on appearance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by afie View Post
    WTF? You need to stop before you continue to reinforce negative american stereotypes.

"Business is image"??? Mating call of someone that has no talent and has to rely on appearance.
    Doing a little stereotyping in your own right, say chap? I'm sure plenty of people have been given an unfair intial judgement due to their unconventional appearance, but these days, it seems it's fashionable (pun intended) to slam those who take pride in a neat, tidy, put together outward appearance.

No matter the exterior, no one has an excuse to be dirty on the inside. Or to walk around judging unknown individuals on first sight.
    If confronted by a mountain lion, it's best to pretend to be as big as possible. But not big as in important, ie, "Do You Know Who I Am?".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    If I were buying his frames I would be less interested in his appearance and more in the quality of the frame, was it exactly as ordered? I would also be concerned with how long it takes him to deliver my frame. Being an artist is not an excuse to miss delivery dates and be accountable to no one. If you say 12 weeks, thats when I expect to take delivery of the frame, poor preparation and planning on a builders part should not be the customers problem.

Good Person
    I don't care what people look like or how they dress and nothing in that picture would make me reconsider buying his frames. However, there is something about smoking; I have seen beautiful women walking down the street that when I see them put a cigarette in their mouth they might as well turn green and grow a long warty wicked witch of the west nose. Yuck.
    I like when you get to that point and I don’t know if it’s the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize you’re so far from where you started, that you’re finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004
    Hey guys, meet Smokey. He is a Luigino that survived a bike shop fire (smoke damage) we became friends yesterday when his old friend (owner of said bike shop) decided to move on to a plastic Cinelli.

With one single ride I knew we would be BFFF.

The saddle and post are temporary. I have a Ti Selcof post and will order a Brooks saddle (will be my first).
    2015 Bucksaw, 2014 Mukluk, 2013 Tallboy, 2014 Avant

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just love the "Old World" colors, and that fork crown is killer!

Quote Originally Posted by lewdvig View Post
    Hey guys, meet Smokey. He is a Luigino that survived a bike shop fire (smoke damage) we became friends yesterday when his old friend (owner of said bike shop) decided to move on to a plastic Cinelli.

With one single ride I knew we would be BFFF.

The saddle and post are temporary. I have a Ti Selcof post and will order a Brooks saddle (will be my first).
    “Life may not be about your bike, but it sure can help you get through it.”

"Yes, you can call me a slightly opinionated retro grouch."

My only fear in facing death, is that there may not be a bike for me to ride on the other side.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks! I seriously won the lottery when I got this. I am very grateful, it's next owner will be my son... many years from now.

If anyone has ideas for 'wine' coloured saddles let me know. Brooks does not have a perfect match. Maybe a suede Regal with rivets.
    2015 Bucksaw, 2014 Mukluk, 2013 Tallboy, 2014 Avant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast