Sep 2009

Raleigh roper 2012

No, it's steel....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Very nice, thanks

Just Plain Bitter
    Quote Originally Posted by j73 View Post
    I just got this December 2011, I love it. Coming from a scott aluminum road bike (speedster) it is totally different....excellent ride quality, smooth,tough,DISC BRAKES, it's a little bit on the heavy side but I'm not a racer and don't care much about the weight...upgrades already, shimano pro plt carbon stem, thomson seatpost, bontrager t2 tires in 28's,mavic wintech computer.fizik bar tape, shimano pro plt handlebar shallow drop.
    Looks great. I just got shipping information on mine! How is the ride so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Just Plain Bitter
    Just picked this up at REI this afternoon. I then brought t over to my mechanic to go through it because REI was the ones that assembled it.

It will get rear rack, bar tape, new saddle, new seat post, Crank brothers Mallet 2 pedals. It will also have all reflectors and dork removed. This is my cruiser and grocery getter bike so the pedals are perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

More Miles...
    Quote Originally Posted by rward325 View Post
    Just picked this up at REI this afternoon. I then brought t over to my mechanic to go through it because REI was the ones that assembled it.
    It will get rear rack, bar tape, new saddle, new seat post, Crank brothers Mallet 2 pedals. It will also have all reflectors and dork removed. This is my cruiser and grocery getter bike so the pedals are perfect.
    That's choice!

RoadBikeReview Member
    .... and finally it has become a pretty steady commuter bike for me, I've found some comfort in installing 25c Michelin Pro Optimum tires (which actually measure 27mm wide on my narrow rims), although they barely clear the rear brake, they do offer significantly more comfort and allow me to run my tires at 100psi, which works much better when I have to replace a tube roadside with a hand pump to continue my ride,

I've also put on a 48tooth big ring to lessen that big compact crank jump up front
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kneejerk; 05-26-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    riding: 2013 Cannondale Caad8 w/Rival-FSA-Shimano mix, 2011 Raleigh Grand Prix, Cannondale Rize 4 (mountain bike), Cannondale Capo (track bike), Bontrager Race Lite OR (converted to commuter bike), Diamondback Outlook (grocery getter),

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here's a 1972 Raleigh now a fixed gear-

Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Just bought my first Raleigh!

Revino Carbon 2.0, full 105 group, very excited to hit the road with it!

Hoping my mtn bikes don't get too jealous!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
    How about an old Raleigh Team USA?

Nice patriotic paint scheme. Actually just sold it so I could get a more practical 2000 LeMond Zurich. Still have it's huge 25" frame twin in my garage though. Nice bikes.
    THAT is a nice bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Does Raleigh make Carbon bikes ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Does Raleigh make Carbon bikes ?
    I imagine you have not visited Raleigh's website?

On this subject I recently went into a dealer and test rode the Raleigh full carbon Militis bike as it shares the same geometry chart as the Grand Prix I picked up a year or so ago. I was curious to see if it handled as beautifully as the Grand Prix, and I was not disappointed. It was amazingly light and laterally stiff. It did exhibit one concern in that it was making a lot of creaking noises from what seemed to be the seat tube to seat post mounting. I told the dealer about this and not sure if they were able to cure it. There seemed to be quite a bit of tuned flex built into the upper bow of the frame resulting in this creaking. The Militis rode nice but was likely a little rougher riding than my Scott CR1 but then it has better geometry (for my tastes). Still I wont be trading in my CR1 for one. I think I'll keep the "steel" version for now.
    riding: 2013 Cannondale Caad8 w/Rival-FSA-Shimano mix, 2011 Raleigh Grand Prix, Cannondale Rize 4 (mountain bike), Cannondale Capo (track bike), Bontrager Race Lite OR (converted to commuter bike), Diamondback Outlook (grocery getter),

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Picked up a Revenio 4.0!

Love the full Ultegra including the cranks. No calling a bike Ultegra while using FSA cranks for Raleigh. It's a great bike.

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    The bike that will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine...

It's been a while since you openly lusted after this beauty. Have you got one yet?
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Just recently picked up an International at a good price. What a smooth sweet ride.

Last edited by branthopolis; 11-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.

More Miles...
    Quote Originally Posted by branthopolis View Post
    Just recently picked up an International at a good price. What a smooth sweet ride.

That's Beautiful !!

RoadBikeReview Member
    that's very nice... I have checked and never seen them available, must be pretty limited production stuff... what's it weigh like that? I've got the recent Grand Prix and love the geometry to death... the International always looks even more appealing, I imagine the frame and fork sheds a pound or so compared to the Grand Prix 520 steel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I have that bike. You are so correct, great ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks.. I've been exclusively on mtn bikes for a few years and just decided to dabble in the road bikes. Had been looking for a good deal on a Ti frame and stumbled onto this one at a very decent price. I'm really enjoying it..

I weighed it right at 19 lbs with a set of XTR (mountain) pedals on it.. I've since put on Ultegra SPD-SL's which I believe are comparable weight-wise.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

You have exquisite taste!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Not mine, just thought I'd point it out.. For anyone that rides a 59... International w/Campy Centaur

2012 Raleigh International Custom Campagnolo Campy Build Complete Bike 59cm | eBay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123