Ridley Excalibur Opinions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    My opinion is not to get the Damocles. I don't know anyone in Belgium who would buy one over an Excalibur. As for the Excalibur, it is stiff and very stable. Rides just like a solid alloy bike, only lighter.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    A nice review of the 09 Noah by Bicycling magazine where one of the Ridley guys defines the difference between the Helium & Noah as well as a Video of test ride ... perhaps not a good idea for backinthesaddle to read the article though - he will hate it.

http://www.bicycling.com/gear/detail...1716-0,00.html
    A writer cannot serve today those who make history, he must serve those who are subject to it - history's victims ..... Albert Camus

Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toonraid
    A nice review of the 09 Noah by Bicycling magazine where one of the Ridley guys defines the difference between the Helium & Noah as well as a Video of test ride ... perhaps not a good idea for backinthesaddle to read the article though - he will hate it.

I like that, makes me want a Noah, but I'm not crazy about the lines of the bike, aero or not.

I'm liking the Helium personally. when/if I replace my Excalibur, I think a Helium w/ a Campy 11 speed setup would be very nice.
    "Better to pin a number on and finish last, than never to pin a number on at all. Racing's cool."

"Coolhand"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by toonraid

Dude, just a tip...
    When you use Bicycling magazine as a source to prove a point, you just aren't helping yourself...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    All the video does for me is confirm the Damocles lacks top end speed. Obviously, anyone who has ridden a Fuji realizes the componentry matches that of a top end Gitane. Go Poland!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyP
    My opinion is not to get the Damocles. I don't know anyone in Belgium who would buy one over an Excalibur. As for the Excalibur, it is stiff and very stable. Rides just like a solid alloy bike, only lighter.

Ditto that. I picked up a medium Excalibur this summer, to complement my
    Orbea Orca. I then switched the Excalibur down to a small frame.

The Excalibur is a bad little *****. It climbs like a rocket. Runs on flat ground
    like a motorcycle. Love it, love it love it.

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    Iíve been riding my Damocles (size large) for several months now, and I must say that it is a badass sprinting machine, however, it holds itís own going up hills as well. No bottom flex like a lot of other carbon frames.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Iíve been riding my Damocles (size large) for several months now, and I must say that it is a badass sprinting machine, however, it holds itís own going up hills as well. No bottom flex like a lot of other carbon frames.

Ditto. I can simply see it on a stationary trainer. My Orca flexes easily 3-4 mm each way
    while between strokes. Almost nothing on my Excalibur.

I'm keeping my Orca mainly for a century/long distance ride. The Excalibur will mainly be for shorter rides/crits.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

ridley excalibur

Thought I would post my excalibur. I love this bike. I have it built up with sram red shifters and a red crankset. The remainder of the components are sram force. The wheels are HED ardennes and are awesome. I can't say the wheels are any faster, but I do feel that that are better (more stable) turning, especially at high speeds. I have ridden time, scott, specialized, trek and cannondale road bikes. I would rank it second only to the time bike. I think it feels most like the scott CR1 frame. A little less stiff than the addict.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kytyree
    I like the paint scheme of that particular excalibur, very nice. I think that in the past Ridley didn't do the Ex. any favors with the colors they chose. Of course they couldn't help that Unibet wore green.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    i have the 07 Ex and love it. light and stiff.
    Nathan Kraxberger
    Still Life Photography - NYC
    www.nathankraxberger.com
    http://nathankraxberger.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123