Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Ridley Fenix vs. Ridley Noah

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  robdamanii 
#1 ·
Ok folks, looking for a cheap(er) alternative to my Look to race on.

I've ridden the Fenix and I do like it. Fast, stiff, razor sharp response. Perfect for racing around here. The problem is I can't find one. They seem sold out all over and they don't come up pre-owned very often.

How does the Noah compare? Anyone ridden both? Much more of those available on the used market, and generally cheaper as well.

#2 ·
If you mean the NOAH with ISP you should be careful, the rear tire clearance is very little, its made to fit a 23 perfectly. The Fenix can go possibly up to 28mm tires, thats what my excalibur can take. My damocles had a similar issue depending on the brand it could sometimes take a 25, gatorskin/4 season 25s were a no.

#3 ·
Good info to note. I'm looking at any of the Noahs, depending on what I can find. I don't anticipate running anything too large anyway (as a race bike, it'll be relegated to race duty. I've got my 585 with bigger clearance for rougher stuff.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.