Wilier Cento Uno - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Froom

RoadBikeReview Member
    I need to replace the rings/spacers or washers that seals the bearings of my Cento Uno bottom bracket. Anyone knows what part number I need to look for?
    Thanks
    Last edited by dudigrinfeld; 08-08-2012 at 01:42 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    new baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Beautiful bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009

multiple bike owners for head to head real comparison info and facts

I am sure this has been talked about already on the net. I have looked and found bits but... I just would like to know from people that have ridden the 2011/12 regular Cento Uno and hopefully other good road bikes what their experience and thoughts are.
    I am looking for a all arounder not harsh but more smooth/comfort ride. I already have a very stiff race climbing bike and need something better for all types of roads and distances.
    I am trying to decide between a good 3/2 Ti from a good builder or some other brand from Colo. Cyclist, Competitive Cyclist (some of the sales guys are really pushing the Cento 1)... I do not care if it is the latest model. I am more into the overall quality and if the manufacture stands behind their product.
    I am about 6'1" 170pd.
    I ride all weather and times.
    Is the Cento really just for racing=stiff?
    KTM 300XC- This must be what it is like to be on Crack without the side effects!
    Litespeed Vortex
    Ellsworth Truth
    Good riding to you!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    I was recently in the same boat as you; I've got a 2012 F3 that's as stiff as I need for anything and wanted a bike I could race but also would make life easier on the longer days. I've never read a bad word about Wilier - especially the Cento1 (which is good because I had nowhere to test ride before a purchase) - and somewhere along my search I came across a fantastic deal on a 2011 Cento1 SL (about 100g lighter than the standard model but certainly not as comfy).

I built the bike up with '13 Red, HED stinger 6 wheels, and a Zipp cockpit. My first ride on the bike I was surprised how... mild/mundane the bike felt when just cruising along - it doesn't feel like a scalded monkey... until you jump on it -- then it laughs at you. I did not expect the BB area to feel as stiff and lively as it does when I sprint and climb (the bike climbs like an effin' billy goat btw - not that I do). So yes, the bike is fantastic all around - whether you just want to mosey along in (relative) comfort or look for a sprint/climb PR.

For reference, I'm 5'11" at 175lb with a weight lifting background.

Other bikes I've ridden over the last 6 months while shopping:

2012 Scott Foil Team Issue w/ zipp 404
    2013 Specialized Venge Pro
    2013 S-Works Tarmac SL4 (fantastic bike that I enjoyed more than I expected to)
    2013 S-Works Roubaix
    2011 Madone 4.5 (sucked)
    2012 Raleigh Revenio 4.0 -- put some time on this yesterday, actually. This bike is better than I'd like to admit and I'd say it's the most comfortable bike I've ridden this year - while still every bit as stiff as I needed out of the saddle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

bottom bracket sram crankset?

Quote Originally Posted by MHeye View Post
    Hi Ebernosky,
    which red cranks do you have on your cento..the bb30 or the GXP's.
    I'm looking to get one and would like to transfer over my GXP reds.
    ....folowup
    got my GXP's to work with the wilier BB kit FYI for anyone thinking about it..
    BTW the frame is awsome. I picked up '09 cento1 from ebay (large (i'm6'0" with a 33" inseam) and man..what a rocket. thing is rad. I originally came from a colnago and that had some similar qualities only snappier and lighter. Also had a scott addict for a little bit but found a crack and sent it back after riding for a little bit...night and day.. the Addict felt like a truck compared to this even though that addict was lighter. could've been the geometry could've been the addict was a 58cm...what ever sooo glad i found that crack and picked up this beauty.. style performance..its got it all.
    I'm worried about racing this thing, especially crits.. anyone here actually race the cento1's and or do you all have a crit bike??
    digging up an old thread, but i also picked up a cento frame trying to use sram gxp cranks. was wondering what the wilier bb kit consists of and where do you get one. thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567