2009 Pinarello Prince "real life" photos - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MERAKMAN
    Hi Sacke

Congratulations on your new bike! How does the Prince compared to the EPS? Both very similiarly priced frames, so wondered if you were you choose just one to have forever, which would it be?
    Hi Merakman,

Thanks. I have only had one single chance to ride the Colnago, and based on the initial experience, the Colnago is not as agressive. It can be ridden with a sense of worthyness, while the Prince is asking for constant whipping.

If I had to choose only one, I think I would take the Colnago. Knowing that I am very unlikely to have the same bike for more than 6 months, I would go for the Pinarello.

Actually, I don't even know. The Colnago is in many ways better looking in reality than the Pinarello, while the Pinarello definitely is more attention drawing by design.

I think the answer to your question would be Colnago.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacke
    Hi Merakman,

Thanks. I have only had one single chance to ride the Colnago, and based on the initial experience, the Colnago is not as agressive. It can be ridden with a sense of worthyness, while the Prince is asking for constant whipping.

If I had to choose only one, I think I would take the Colnago. Knowing that I am very unlikely to have the same bike for more than 6 months, I would go for the Pinarello.

Actually, I don't even know. The Colnago is in many ways better looking in reality than the Pinarello, while the Pinarello definitely is more attention drawing by design.

I think the answer to your question would be Colnago.
    Hi Sacke

Thank you for you reply. When you say the Colnago can be ridden with a sense of worthiness, how do you mean?

So it sounds from what your saying that the Prince wants to go, go, go all the time and feels fast, real fast?

Out of the two, which is the most exciting to ride? Which do you get butterflys in the stomach over more before riding; the sense of longing to go out and ride for the hell of it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi Sacke

Thank you for you reply. When you say the Colnago can be ridden with a sense of worthiness, how do you mean?

So it sounds from what your saying that the Prince wants to go, go, go all the time and feels fast, real fast?

Out of the two, which is the most exciting to ride? Which do you get butterflys in the stomach over more before riding; the sense of longing to go out and ride for the hell of it?
    Hi,

What I mean by saying that the Colnago can be ridden with a sense of worthiness, is basically to say that it is ok to ride the Colnago slower, and still both look and feel good about it.

The Pinarello does want to go fast, all the time. When you are on the bike, it feels like a waste of time to do anythine else except pedalling your ass off.

Regarding butterflys and longing to get out, the Pinarello might be just a notch more desirable. I don't know why, but when I had my Pinarello Prince '08, at a couple of occasions, I got out of bed in the middle of the night, went into the office where the bike was standing, looked at it for a while and went back to bed.

The Colnago doesn't evoke that kind of irrational behaviour. It is a wonderfully safe and capable bike that won't slow down any rider, but it is more of a sensible choice. You know it will never punish you, and it will never let you down. I would almost expect the Pinarello to dump me if a better rider came along... it wants to be the best in a completely different way.

I like the fact that Alejandro Valverde rides a Pinarello. I don't know if it is true, but I heard that he won all of the first 40 amateur races that he participated in. A total "in your face" statement from a cyclist. Who can say they won the 40!!! first competitions they participated in?

The Colnago is like Erik Zabel. A loyal hard worker that is top 5 race after race, good results on a regular basis. A good rider, but a courteous one. Not arrogant or in any other way different from the mass either. His name is always up there, but he never makes a fuzz about it. That is what the Colnago is like.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...rincelijk.html

My BOB stands under the Christmas tree!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoud
    http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...rincelijk.html

My BOB stands under the Christmas tree!
    I can only imagine how Merry your Christmas is!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Hi,

What I mean by saying that the Colnago can be ridden with a sense of worthiness, is basically to say that it is ok to ride the Colnago slower, and still both look and feel good about it.

The Pinarello does want to go fast, all the time. When you are on the bike, it feels like a waste of time to do anythine else except pedalling your ass off.

Regarding butterflys and longing to get out, the Pinarello might be just a notch more desirable. I don't know why, but when I had my Pinarello Prince '08, at a couple of occasions, I got out of bed in the middle of the night, went into the office where the bike was standing, looked at it for a while and went back to bed.

The Colnago doesn't evoke that kind of irrational behaviour. It is a wonderfully safe and capable bike that won't slow down any rider, but it is more of a sensible choice. You know it will never punish you, and it will never let you down. I would almost expect the Pinarello to dump me if a better rider came along... it wants to be the best in a completely different way.

I like the fact that Alejandro Valverde rides a Pinarello. I don't know if it is true, but I heard that he won all of the first 40 amateur races that he participated in. A total "in your face" statement from a cyclist. Who can say they won the 40!!! first competitions they participated in?

The Colnago is like Erik Zabel. A loyal hard worker that is top 5 race after race, good results on a regular basis. A good rider, but a courteous one. Not arrogant or in any other way different from the mass either. His name is always up there, but he never makes a fuzz about it. That is what the Colnago is like.

Thanks, I love your analogys also.

Two very different frames then? Though what bike would you take for your regular weekend blast, over your favorite route, on a Spring/Summers day for 2-3 hours?

Also (and very important for me) which frame between the two, descents the steepest (bumpiest) hills the best, in the most confident way and feels the most secure?

BTW the best descenting bike I ever rode till now was a Giant TCR Advanced 07 model. Could have light a cigarette going down hill if I smoked, it was that secure feeling...Want something to equal or better that

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks, I love your analogys also.

Two very different frames then? Though what bike would you take for your regular weekend blast, over your favorite route, on a Spring/Summers day for 2-3 hours?

Also (and very important for me) which frame between the two, descents the steepest (bumpiest) hills the best, in the most confident way and feels the most secure?

BTW the best descenting bike I ever rode till now was a Giant TCR Advanced 07 model. Could have light a cigarette going down hill if I smoked, it was that secure feeling...Want something to equal or better that
    I will have to get back to you concerning that later. Both bikes are marvellous descenders and are able to take just about anything thrown at them.

On Friday I am going out for a ride with Cyril again, this getting a good chance to compare a bit more. The Prince is one of the steadiest bikes on the market. The Colnago C50 was before the Prince my reference of a steady descender... The EPS is stiffer and racier than the C50 so the comparison is likely to be a draw.

I will get back to the issue later.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I will have to get back to you concerning that later. Both bikes are marvellous descenders and are able to take just about anything thrown at them.

On Friday I am going out for a ride with Cyril again, this getting a good chance to compare a bit more. The Prince is one of the steadiest bikes on the market. The Colnago C50 was before the Prince my reference of a steady descender... The EPS is stiffer and racier than the C50 so the comparison is likely to be a draw.

I will get back to the issue later.

Thanks again, you've wet my appetite for both frames and seeing Arnoud's Prince Bob under the tree like that...Wow!

I look forward to your riding impressions after your ride on Friday. Have a safe ride.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas

Pinarello Rider
    Here are my pics...just got this for Xmas and taking it for the first ride in 1.5 hours. The black one was my second choice...very nice looking too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks again, you've wet my appetite for both frames and seeing Arnoud's Prince Bob under the tree like that...Wow!

I look forward to your riding impressions after your ride on Friday. Have a safe ride.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas
    I am smiling, or rather smirking, as I am writing this post.

I haven't quite internalized the fact yet, and I am indeed still expecting unexpected turns in the story.

The owner of the Pinarello called me a few hours ago, and apparently his appetite for changing bikes wasn't satisfied when he switched to the Pinarello 8 days ago. Now he wants to switch back to the Colnago.

I think he rode 4 times with the Pinarello. I have only been out once!!! with the Colnago. I installed the 11-speed cranks on the 23rd, and haven't had the time to try them out yet.

Tomorrow... tomorrow we are switching frames. I will indeed become a proud owner of a 2009 Pinarello Prince, and I am over the moon about it!

The Colnago EPS has been growing on me during the last few days, and the fact that it is so desirable to Cyril is making me almost confused. Should I have accepted his proposal or not?

Well, I better not get too caught up by the same "lust for envy" and realize that just having the opportunity to own the Pinarello Prince is a tremendous priviledge.

I will post fresh pictures when my parts have found their way over to the Prince frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaine
    Here are my pics...just got this for Xmas and taking it for the first ride in 1.5 hours. The black one was my second choice...very nice looking too.
    That is beautiful. My wife is more concerned with the "balance" of spendings, as she feels she should be entitled to spend as much on clothes and beauty products, as I am spending on bikes. However, if that was the case we would be ruined...

kytyree
    My wife is more concerned with the "balance" of spendings, as she feels she should be entitled to spend as much on clothes and beauty products, as I am spending on bikes.
    That's just crazy talk there, good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I am smiling, or rather smirking, as I am writing this post.

I haven't quite internalized the fact yet, and I am indeed still expecting unexpected turns in the story.

The owner of the Pinarello called me a few hours ago, and apparently his appetite for changing bikes wasn't satisfied when he switched to the Pinarello 8 days ago. Now he wants to switch back to the Colnago.

I think he rode 4 times with the Pinarello. I have only been out once!!! with the Colnago. I installed the 11-speed cranks on the 23rd, and haven't had the time to try them out yet.

Tomorrow... tomorrow we are switching frames. I will indeed become a proud owner of a 2009 Pinarello Prince, and I am over the moon about it!

The Colnago EPS has been growing on me during the last few days, and the fact that it is so desirable to Cyril is making me almost confused. Should I have accepted his proposal or not?

Well, I better not get too caught up by the same "lust for envy" and realize that just having the opportunity to own the Pinarello Prince is a tremendous priviledge.

I will post fresh pictures when my parts have found their way over to the Prince frame.

Well have a great ride and please let me know which bike you prefer. I love the looks of the EPS and the traditional lugs build of the frame; but I also love the look of the futuristic Prince too. Its like choosing between a Ferrari or Lamborghini! Both utterly desirable and superb machines. Take care and good luck with your choices.

RoadBikeReview Member

2009 Pinarello Prince, 53cm, color "Fire"

I am very happy about having swapped the EPS for the Prince. Like going from speeding in Lexus on a highway to driving a fullbread Formula 1 car. Maybe not the most comfortable ride, especially with 8 bars in the tubulars, but fast!

RoadBikeReview Member
    PS. Where is rhauft?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Those Campagnolo Boras look much better on a red Prince than the Lightweights does. Good decision on the swap, I too would rather be riding the prince.

Nov 2007
    I know that black is tough to take photos of -- the light just glares something aweful. Hey, I like the frame, it's beefy-looking and tight! I too have a black frame Pin, and you can check out my video on YOUTUBE at the folling link: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfEnDrUmDw

It is the Dogma FPX 2008 Black/White scheme. Mind you, you'll have to pardon the part-blurry footage of the slide presentation, for youtube just beat it to hell and back, but at least you can see the Dog. Take care, and enjoy the prince -- we're both damned lucky to own these machines, for I am thankful every time I ride it....

RoadBikeReview Member
    New pictures

likes shiny bikes

hey!

PS. Where is rhauft?
    I'm drooling all over my keyboard while I admire your smoking hot new Prince!
    Sadly, I'm still waiting for my 09 Prince to arrive... Maybe January they say...
    In the mean time I'm forced to settle for my 08 Ltd team issue...
    Enjoy that gorgeous ride Sacke and a happy new year to all.
    Where were those pics taken?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauft
    Sadly, I'm still waiting for my 09 Prince to arrive... Maybe January they say...

Hi Is there any difference between the '08 Prince frame and the '09 Prince?

likes shiny bikes
    Hi Is there any difference between the '08 Prince frame and the '09 Prince?
    The 09 has a removable rear derailleur hanger and so it is presumably slightly heavier than the 08.
    Updated colors & graphics.
    Price hike: (frame & fork) 08 MSRP $5K, 09 MSRP $5.5K

RoadBikeReview Member
    The 09 has a removable rear derailleur hanger and so it is presumably slightly heavier than the 08.
    Updated colors & graphics.
    Price hike: (frame & fork) 08 MSRP $5K, 09 MSRP $5.5K
    Rhauft! Long time, no activity here on the forum?... Did you get your Prince?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I completely missed this response earlier...

The pictures, outdoor ones, are taken by the "Arena" (Les Arenes) in Nimes, France. The indoor pictures, surprise surprise, are taken in our flat in Nimes, France.

You are up for a treat rhauft! The colors on the 2009 are really radiant compared to the 08. It is impossible to catch in a picture, but the bike really shines among other bikes on group rides. The only other 2009 bike that jumps in your eyes in the same way is the Time RXR Ulteam. My LBS has delivered three of them so far, and 2 others are expecting deliveries in February. I suppose I will get to be the only one with a '09 Prince for a while.

I am still fine tuning my riding position, but I had almost forgotten the joy of the Prince. Hills that I used to climb at 22-23km/h with i.e. the Extreme C are going at 25-26km/h with the Prince. My physical condition hasn't improved that much, so it must be the Prince + Bora combination.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Happy early birthday to me

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proy
    Happy early birthday to me

Beautiful bike!

I really appreciate the fact that in the forums, here & weightweenies, a lot of different color combinations have started to pop up.

Last year it was 99% Caisse D'Epargne team color, and thats it... This year, the variety of different colors chosen by riders is much larger.

It warms my heart.

Could you take some outdoor pictures of the bike? The colors always look a little bit different in natural light.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast