2009 Pinarello Prince "real life" photos - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Congrats, a lovely bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Nice Bikes !!!! These are the best colors for the Pinarello. The Bob are not just a Pina signature! Very Nice! BELLA!

Aug 2009

buying a pinarello in italy

hi guys , only my second post ,has anybody brought a pina from the shop in treviso ? am off to that part of italy soon. any help would i would be most grateful .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes, if you search you will find a few members who have bought. Also, do a google search

likes shiny bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon
    hi guys , only my second post ,has anybody brought a pina from the shop in treviso ? am off to that part of italy soon. any help would i would be most grateful .
    I bought a Prince back in 2001 from the shop, one of Jan Ulrich's back-ups from the Giro that year. A very memorable experience, even got to chat with Nani. Prior to that I also was fitted at the factory for team bikes back in the late 90's, by Fausto - Very cool! I'm planning a trip back to Treviso next spring/summer during the Giro. A can't miss stop over for any fans of the brand.
    2012 Pinarello Dogma2 / SR11ti
    2010 Specialized SL3 S-Works / Red
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red
    2000 Pinarello Prince Team Banesto R10
    1997 Pinarello Vuelta Team Banesto / R10
    1994 Pinarello Stelvio / C-R8
    1989 Pinarello Montello / C-R6

Aug 2009

My new FP7

A pic's of my new FP7, I love this bike! The guy in the pic is from Pinarello in Treviso, he set me up on the bike. Buying a bike straight from Pinarello in Treviso turned out to be a great experience. Although late July and early August is more difficult because they are busy with their Gran Fondo and the factory closes for a bit in August. I went hoping to get an FP3 and was overjoyed to get my FP7. But I almost came home empty handed and needed to get to Treviso two days in a row, defenitely worth it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can see why you have a big smile on your face!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MERAKMAN
    Woo Hoo! Bullseye! I respect that Pinarello are now admitting thats where their frames are made. RESPECT! I hope other, so called Italian frame makers, will follow suit too, its only fair on the customer that they do..
    It says, MADE IN ITALY, not Taiwan. But went to Torayca related sites...Carbon Composites are made in Taiwan. These are then shipped to Italy for Assembly and painting.

No Carbon frame is made in the Eirope or US.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by John Martin
    It says, MADE IN ITALY, not Taiwan. But went to Torayca related sites...Carbon Composites are made in Taiwan. These are then shipped to Italy for Assembly and painting.

Yes I should imagine so..apart from Parlees made in USA and Colnago's carbon EPS (although I'm not 100 percent sure Colnagos are ) De Rosa's older model Idol to name another. Maybe some others too.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    With respect, the video doesn't actually show the construction of the frame, only the final finishing and painting. Though I'd love to believe they are made in Italy and I would love to be a potential purchaser..it would be easy to show a few EPS's being made in Italy and then have the rest of the production made in Taiwan or where ever..What do you think? Thanks for the video, it was interesting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    With respect, the video doesn't actually show the construction of the frame, only the final finishing and painting. Though I'd love to believe they are made in Italy and I would love to be a potential purchaser..it would be easy to show a few EPS's being made in Italy and then have the rest of the production made in Taiwan or where ever..What do you think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    If you look down the side, you will see other chapers including making the frame at the Colnago factory. I'm please Colnago launched these videos as it puts to bed the myth about them not being made in Italy! I can't speak for Pinarello

likes shiny bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Martin
    High end Treks are still made in Waterloo Wisconsin, Calfee's are made in Watsonville California, High end Looks still made in France as are Time's... All are lugged c/f.

So, what you should have said is no Monocoque carbon frame is made in Europe or US.
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

Happy B-Day to Me

I just got my 40th birthday present a few months yearly

2009 Fire Prince with full Campy Super Record with the Parlee Carbon Front clamp. I love those Talon Bars!!! The bike weighs in at 14.8 pounds with the pedals and water bottles!!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauft
    High end Treks are still made in Waterloo Wisconsin, Calfee's are made in Watsonville California, High end Looks still made in France as are Time's... All are lugged c/f.

So, what you should have said is no Monocoque carbon frame is made in Europe or US.
    What was the last monocoque frame made in Europe/USA? I recall the Cristallo was made by ATR for Colnago in Italy, but production ceased due to high build costs.Trying to think of others...?

likes shiny bikes
    What was the last monocoque frame made in Europe/USA? I recall the Cristallo was made by ATR for Colnago in Italy, but production ceased due to high build costs.Trying to think of others...?
    My source (Gita, US Distributor) claims the Colnago Cristallo to be another fine product from Taiwan. Personally, I wouldn't want my monocoque frame made anywhere else. Taiwan is the epicenter in carbon monocoque engineering, design and inovation. That's why Pinarello et al have partnered with them to design and manufacter the state of the art in monocoque technology.
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    My source (Gita, US Distributor) claims the Colnago Cristallo to be another fine product from Taiwan. Personally, I wouldn't want my monocoque frame made anywhere else. Taiwan is the epicenter in carbon monocoque engineering, design and inovation. That's why Pinarello et al have partnered with them to design and manufacter the state of the art in monocoque technology.
    Blimey! What frames are made outside Taiwan/China/Far East?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Funny, when I look back at my old Paris frame, whilst it was a great performer, the carbon finish wasn't that great. The weave appered uneven in places. I think its much improved on the Prince.

likes shiny bikes
    Blimey! What frames are made outside Taiwan/China/Far East?
    Hi-end lugged and fillet brazed steel, hi-end titanium, hi-end lugged c/f could still be made in Europe/USA. If it's monocoque c/f, you can pretty much bank on that it was manufactered somewhere in Asia. Italian design + Japanese materials + Chinese labor = world economey
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Hi-end lugged and fillet brazed steel, hi-end titanium, hi-end lugged c/f could still be made in Europe/USA. If it's monocoque c/f, you can pretty much bank on that it was manufactered somewhere in Asia. Italian design + Japanese materials + Chinese labor = world economey
    So do you think the following frames could be made in Italy still?

De Rosa Neo Primato, Corum, Titanio
    Pinarello Dogma Magnesium
    Colnago EPS, Masterlight

likes shiny bikes

Colnago EPS, Masterlight
    Best guess:
    De Rosa Neo Primato = Italy
    Corum = Italy
    Titanio = IIRC this frame is made by Lightspeed in USA
    Pinarello Dogma Mag = Italy (c/f stays & fork = Taiwan)
    Colnago EPS = Italy (c/f tubes laid up in Asia)
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red

RoadBikeReview Member
    This subject has been flogged to death on so many forums. Is it or isn't it? I see Colnago made the step of filming the making of the EPS at the Colnago factory in Italy. Do Pinarello have any footage of the Prince being made or is that made in the far east??

likes shiny bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by nicensleazy
    This subject has been flogged to death on so many forums. Is it or isn't it? I see Colnago made the step of filming the making of the EPS at the Colnago factory in Italy. Do Pinarello have any footage of the Prince being made or is that made in the far east??
    Clearly you missed the point of this conversation. No one is in dispute as to where monocoque carbon Pinorellos are manufactered, no one, except maybe you
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    If I were to purchase a De Rosa the Titanio would be at the top of my list. Made in Italy and made by Doriano De Rosa. The Italian magazine CT had a 28 photo feature of a Titanio frame being made (http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspo...uary-2008.html)

Colnago EPS, Masterlight

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast