2009 Pinarello Prince "real life" photos
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

2009 Pinarello Prince "real life" photos

Hi,

I just ordered the Pinarello Prince BoB (Black on Black) and I have to wait 8-10 weeks before getting it.

So if you guys are sitting on real life pictures of 2009 Princes, please post them here! (It would be especially interested in pictures takes outdoors, to see what they look like in their natural habit, away from halogen spotlight halo's at exhibitions)

I was planning on getting custom paint job, but after seeing the immense differences that the colors in the pictures and colors in reality had, I got too paranoid to get a color match that might not be as nice as one would expect.

Several persons that had seen the Prince BoB in reality, said that it was the most beautiful bike that they had seen in a while. The Devil color looked ok, but I guess a majority of the frame is painted dark grey, not naked carbon, as one might presume...

So I ordered the pitch black Prince Bob. I should have it in about 8-10 weeks... Keeping my fingers crossed that it is as beautiful as I've heard.

It's the first time I buy a bike without seeing it in reality first... a bit nervous because of that.

Here is a picture a borrowed from weightweenies... It is the most realistic picture I have found so far online.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I dont understand why people like this colour so much. Its awful! Its just a plain black frame with no varyation. I would get either the Fire, Blanco or Spain versions. All are bright and beautiful. Its all about indivdual preference I guess. My all time favorite was the old black and pink Team Telekoms they used to do.

likes shiny bikes
    I've read the BoB looks amazing in natural lighting. I have an 08 Team Ltd currently. I was told by my distr. that the Devil will not be available in the US until January. Fire (red) & BoB are available now so I will be deciding between these two some time this week when I actually get to see them at Interbike in Vegas. Good luck, Rob

RoadBikeReview Member

Mr. Rhauft

Quote Originally Posted by rhauft
    I've read the BoB looks amazing in natural lighting. I have an 08 Team Ltd currently. I was told by my distr. that the Devil will not be available in the US until January. Fire (red) & BoB are available now so I will be deciding between these two some time this week when I actually get to see them at Interbike in Vegas. Good luck, Rob
    Hi Rhauft.

I have big respect for your taste and I really look forward to hearing your comments about the two bikes when you have seen them in reality.

The Devil looks good in the pictures, but from what I understood, the base color is not black, but dark gray, which might look a bit cheap. I had the 08 Team Ltd and really loved to be able to see the perfectly weaved carbon in the black areas.

A fellow rider down here in France had seen the 09 Princes at an expo in France and was praising the BoB as the most beautiful bike out there.

I have already put aside a pair of LEW wheels due to their shiny black on matte black logo. A perfect match with the BoB. The wheels have a red Tune hub and black spokes.

The BoB seems to be a perfect base for some serious detail-styling that is like soft whispers. Soft whispers in Italian, while you can feel the warm breath on your neck and the goosebumps cover the body.

I don't know how many hours I have spent staring at pictures of the different paint-schemes, but I just always end up with the same conclusion. The Fire is the safe choice, the Devil is the obvious choice (based on pictures, but prone to disappoint), but the BoB is the sophisticated choice. The connoisseurs choice because it has beauty and subtlety and is the most surprising color in the Pinarello line for 2009.

I have been trying to imagine the bike based on pitch black Scotts, Orbeas... you name it... The only thing is that no other producer (except for Massoni) had the balls to not even outline the letters.

I think choosing the BoB represents confidence as well. Seriously... this might be vain and stupid, but one of the things I consider seriously when buying an extremely expensive frame, is the cool factor. Will the frame be noticed?

I suppose, with the BoB, Pinarello has tried, and succeeded to create what so many others have tried before... An all black frame that really looks good! Not just like a carbon frame that a weight weenie pulled off the decals to save 4,7 grams.

I could go on forever with the analysis, but I really do look forward to hearing your opinion, and if in any way possible, seeing more pictures.

If you have the chance to take pictures from other angles than drive side profile, it would be much appreciated. Whatever angle that you feel compliments the bike's design in the best possible way.

I can still change my order... so I really would appreciate your input. Basically, whatever you get, I am prone to get...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacke
    Hi Rhauft.

I have big respect for your taste and I really look forward to hearing your comments about the two bikes when you have seen them in reality.

The Devil looks good in the pictures, but from what I understood, the base color is not black, but dark gray, which might look a bit cheap. I had the 08 Team Ltd and really loved to be able to see the perfectly weaved carbon in the black areas.

A fellow rider down here in France had seen the 09 Princes at an expo in France and was praising the BoB as the most beautiful bike out there.

I have already put aside a pair of LEW wheels due to their shiny black on matte black logo. A perfect match with the BoB. The wheels have a red Tune hub and black spokes.

The BoB seems to be a perfect base for some serious detail-styling that is like soft whispers. Soft whispers in Italian, while you can feel the warm breath on your neck and the goosebumps cover the body.

I don't know how many hours I have spent staring at pictures of the different paint-schemes, but I just always end up with the same conclusion. The Fire is the safe choice, the Devil is the obvious choice (based on pictures, but prone to disappoint), but the BoB is the sophisticated choice. The connoisseurs choice because it has beauty and subtlety and is the most surprising color in the Pinarello line for 2009.

I have been trying to imagine the bike based on pitch black Scotts, Orbeas... you name it... The only thing is that no other producer (except for Massoni) had the balls to not even outline the letters.

I think choosing the BoB represents confidence as well. Seriously... this might be vain and stupid, but one of the things I consider seriously when buying an extremely expensive frame, is the cool factor. Will the frame be noticed?

I suppose, with the BoB, Pinarello has tried, and succeeded to create what so many others have tried before... An all black frame that really looks good! Not just like a carbon frame that a weight weenie pulled off the decals to save 4,7 grams.

I could go on forever with the analysis, but I really do look forward to hearing your opinion, and if in any way possible, seeing more pictures.

If you have the chance to take pictures from other angles than drive side profile, it would be much appreciated. Whatever angle that you feel compliments the bike's design in the best possible way.

I can still change my order... so I really would appreciate your input. Basically, whatever you get, I am prone to get...
    Are you for real??? You cant be serious??? The Bob is a plain Black bike. Boring, bogan and ugly with no beauty. Yuk, yuk, yuk. No bling factor at all. What next? Shimano aaarrrgggghhh!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog
    Are you for real??? You cant be serious??? The Bob is a plain Black bike. Boring, bogan and ugly with no beauty. Yuk, yuk, yuk. No bling factor at all. What next? Shimano aaarrrgggghhh!
    Dear T-Dog,

We all know that you prefer team replica bikes... You preferred the 08' Team Ltd edition until Caisse d'Epargne started to use the red one, and it started "growing on you".

We also know that you are a conventional kind of guy that got a bit disturbed when rhauft put a black saddle and red bar-tape on his Prince.

I would never expect you to like the black Prince, since it is not likely to be the team replica, and so far has been mostly displayed with a black saddle and black bar-tape.

However, it is always nice to have a bit of a discussion about taste and your opinion is always welcome.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacke
    Dear T-Dog,

We all know that you prefer team replica bikes... You preferred the 08' Team Ltd edition until Caisse d'Epargne started to use the red one, and it started "growing on you".

We also know that you are a conventional kind of guy that got a bit disturbed when rhauft put a black saddle and red bar-tape on his Prince.

I would never expect you to like the black Prince, since it is not likely to be the team replica, and so far has been mostly displayed with a black saddle and black bar-tape.

However, it is always nice to have a bit of a discussion about taste and your opinion is always welcome.

Well researched and very true. I am quite impressed.

At the end of the day I love bikes that are colourful or just stand out. I'm all show and no go. I started with the black and yellow Once Giant, then went to the Pinarello Team Telekom (all time favorite) now the current Pinarello Team and Spain bikes

I just cant get my head around a plain black bike.

Nov 2004

Pinarello Black-on-Black

While I have the '08 Team Caisse d'epargne color, I find the "BoB" strangely attractive. What I would love to see is a few more photo's of this frame in the sunlight as I feel that will set off the carbon much more. Any chance??

Pinarello frames are like lovely lady's..... they all look exceptionally good, it just depends upon which one you would like to go home with. nuff said.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is the first non-driveside picture that I have found so far... I think it looks more and more promising, the more pictures are showing up.

It almost looks like a pencil colored shimmering dark grey on matte black. Very nice.

Last edited by Sacke; 09-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I was at the annual bieshow in the Netherlands last weekend: BikeMotion and even though I first was more attracked to afresh looking bike like the Prince of Spain, I preferred the BOB after all. I'll try to post some pictures I made.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...ikeMotion.html

http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...te_import.html

The easy way! Scroll through the pictures and you will see various Pina's!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoud
    http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...ikeMotion.html

http://web.me.com/arnoud3ss/Fietspag...te_import.html

The easy way! Scroll through the pictures and you will see various Pina's!
    what did the acid green look like up close in person ??? I am trying to decide on the green vs. blue vs. white... although BoB looks sweet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I liked the Green one. A bit Kermit the Frog, but I prferred it above the White. Acid green is i person more bright than on the homepage. Blue looked great as well.

Feb 2004
    the BoB is one of the best looking frames I've seen. it's stealth...B2-ish. there is no gray...it is black on black.

i'll be building a 2nd one for a customer next week (his 2nd warranty Prince. Fun.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I have a BOB at home as well. Will be building it with Campa Super Record. Thinking about what to take as stem and bars. May be 3T (to keep it Italian) but I do like the shape of Syntace bars (which I am using on other biks).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I've seen the BOB Pinarello Prince, and yes it's beautiful, I guess if James Bond would shoot a scene on a bike, that would be the black on black Prince.

But having said that it's a BORING black, they could've done a better job. I would rather have the colorful one, but definitely not the spaniard version, too loud.

Corsaire

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    the BoB is one of the best looking frames I've seen. it's stealth...B2-ish. there is no gray...it is black on black.

i'll be building a 2nd one for a customer next week (his 2nd warranty Prince. Fun.)
    Hi Great pics, what does it say on the Made in ##### sticker on the seat tube? I can't quite make it out..thanks

Nov 2008
    man....such a beautiful bike, but black?

Eat Fast. Die fat.
    That black prince is tits!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have yourself an electrical problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MERAKMAN
    Hi Great pics, what does it say on the Made in ##### sticker on the seat tube? I can't quite make it out..thanks
    Taiwan!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    Taiwan!

Woo Hoo! Bullseye! I respect that Pinarello are now admitting thats where their frames are made. RESPECT! I hope other, so called Italian frame makers, will follow suit too, its only fair on the customer that they do..
    Last edited by MERAKMAN; 12-12-2008 at 04:03 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member

2009 Pinarello Prince "fire"

Well,

The Pinarello finally arrived. The d*** Cyril made it to the store before me and snatched the frame. Otherwise I would have bought it. Well, I am quite well equipped since I had the chance to buy his "old" Colnago EPS.

Sep 2008
    Nice to see someone has a 'complete' bike to ride :-) im still waiting for my black prince frame to arrive sine the 8th of oct lol. I notice some Bora ultra twos in the pics, how do they ride? I have the same with Dugast Paris R silks, one glued and one taped (had a nightmare with the glue!!!). The two bikes Colnago and Prince look the dogs b*******.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardthelocal
    Nice to see someone has a 'complete' bike to ride :-) im still waiting for my black prince frame to arrive sine the 8th of oct lol. I notice some Bora ultra twos in the pics, how do they ride? I have the same with Dugast Paris R silks, one glued and one taped (had a nightmare with the glue!!!). The two bikes Colnago and Prince look the dogs b*******.
    The Prince was ordered in the beginning of September, and we live just 500 miles from the Pinarello factory... Be prepared to wait a little bit more.

I have been satisfied with the Bora twos. I tried some Zipp 303's with 21mm tubulars, but I felt a bit unsafe on them.

The Boras with 22mm Conti Competition tubulars feels as safe as 23mm clinchers, only quicker.

If you haven't used the wheels yet, you will probably think that the wheels are noisy during the first ride(s).
    After the first long ride, take off the protective caps on the side of the wheels, tighten the axle 3/4 of a turn, put the cap back on and go out and ride. You will notice that the noise has disappeared. If it reoccurs, just slightly tighten the axle again.

The noisyness is due to the ceramic bearrings settling in the cups. Completely normal, and it has happened to everyone I know that bought the Bora Ultra twos.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Hi Sacke

Congratulations on your new bike! How does the Prince compared to the EPS? Both very similiarly priced frames, so wondered if you were you choose just one to have forever, which would it be?
    Last edited by MERAKMAN; 12-22-2008 at 03:16 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast