2010 tarmac expert or FP3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

2010 tarmac expert or FP3

Hi, I'm having a hard time deciding between 2010 specialized tarmac expert and FP3. Has anyone compared them before? Any thoughts would be great.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    I compared the 2009 Tarmac Expert to the FP3 and bought the FP3. I thought it rode better and fit better. The warranty on the Tarmac is longer if that matters to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Why did you think the FP3 rode better? Is it stiffer, corner better, feels faster?

cheers mate.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    To me it felt faster. I'm new to road riding after riding mountain bikes for many years so other than the bikes I rode on test rides, I have little experience comparing road bikes. As always the best thing to do is go ride them and see what you think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    how about the frame... I'm reading that after short term use some see cracks in their carbon frame. Is the quality not as good as specialized (considering that specialized has lifetime vs only 2 year warranty for a pinarello).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    I bought my bike in May and so far have 1155 miles on it. No cracks or other problems and the frame quality seems good to me. I've checked the frame and fork over and there are no dimples, rough spots or anything and the paint job looks nice. I think if there's a manufacturing defect, it's likely to show up in the first year of use or a few thousand miles. If the frame fails from a crash, chain suck or whatever, that's not a defect anyway so I doubt any manufacturer will replace it in that case.

I don't race and just ride for fun and fitness so I'm not going to stress the frame like someone that races. The roads where I ride are in poor shape and I will say the bike is more comfortable than I expected for my 145 pounds. I've never felt beat up riding it.