2011 Pinarello Paris

Printable View

• 01-21-2011
    SROC3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rlafleur
    The new Paris is a great ride. I built this up with Ultegra 6700 and Zipp 404 wheels. Fit and finish is excellent. Sky paint is the best.

Your Picture helped me :) I just ordered one today! Black on Black. I have Easton SL90s and will be migrating my current everything from my Cervelo S1. Pretty much all Ultegra stuff. Anyway, the frame size I ordered in same as yours 46.7. Do you still have toe-overlap or not? On my Cervelo I did and was wondering if this bike is built a little longer.

Great build man and I'll post my pics once I get my frame in a week or so. Btw, anything else you want to give me tips or reports on feel free to do so.

Thanks man!:thumbsup:
  • 02-07-2011
    SROC3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie10
    I am planning to order the new Paris and wanted to get some feedback on owners who've ridden it for a month or so. I'm positive it is a great bike, hence my decision to purchase, but are there any other things you can share about the ride experience?

Read my blog and the review of my new BOB 2011 Paris. LOVE it. Stiff but still comfy. Definitely recommend it.

www.thecycleboy.com
    :thumbsup:
  • 02-08-2011
    Roadie10
    Thanks for the link. I actually have it and love it!!
  • 02-08-2011
    SROC3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie10
    Thanks for the link. I actually have it and love it!!

Very cool! thanks for the compliment bro! :) btw, if you have any suggestions you wanna throw my way,let me know :) I'll be posting more this week and weekend so feel free to read up! ;)
  • 03-10-2011
    ccus911
    I've been wanting a Pinarello for a long time, and my LBS finally put the right bait in front of me...I walk in, and they have this frame hanging(in MY SIZE)...It didn't take long before it was "happy birthday to me"!....I just built this one up with SRAM Red, Ciamillo -G brakes, and Industry Nine i30 wheels(they are AWESOME)....I've ridden it about 200 miles, and it is a good feeling ride...I'm still getting the set up just right, and haven't put it through all its paces as yet...Go down a size from what you normally ride...I typically ride a 56cm...I ride a 54cm in Pinarello...I'm 5'9"(barefoot) with a 31.5" inseam. I like the fit and now have the stem height feeling correct...I put a new saddle on at the same time, so I'm having to get used to it and get it adjusted correctly at the same time..I'm pleased overall thus far...looking forward to many miles on it...https://www.me.com/gallery/#100010/IMG_1536
    https://www.me.com/gallery/#100010/IMG_1542
  • 03-10-2011
    ccus911
  • 03-10-2011
    SROC3
    Ha nice!!! :) You used the exact same saddle bag too! I found that after a while the saddle bag loosens and "clangs" against the seat. That damn allen-key works to tighten it but you just have to do it way too often. I got the one that is also FiZik, but just strapped to the seat. works great :)

Man the ride of the bike is great. When I first rode it, I had to get used to the assymetrical feel of the bike. one side being a little stiffer and having a higher torsional rigidity. Now that I'm used to it my climbs are much more fun and I can hammer much better on it while on the flats. But when the bike is over 25 mph, that's when it really shines. It feels SO safe and sure the higher the MPH is. I love being on a long spin at around 23 to 26 mph.....just feels fantastic.

As for the looks, I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments I get for it, even people in cars open their windows and tell me how slick looking my bike is. Chicks who aren't cyclists look at the bike and are like "wow, that's a great looking bike. nice curves".

Enjoy the new ride man! :) I know I am!
  • 03-11-2011
    enzo269
    Molto Bello! Enjoy your new ride!
  • 03-11-2011
    rhauft
    Gorgeous bike, nice build, wheels look hot!
    I've got a white 110mm Most Tigerlite stem that would match perfect.
    PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Rob
  • 08-16-2011
    benjamin_dover
    1 Attachment(s)
    Paris
    Well, I've had my Paris for 2 months and have logged about 3200kms so far on it. I do feel that the asymmetric frame has it's merits. It definitely allows better power transfer from the rider to the road. It also handles like very well. This bike is equipped with Selle SMP Evolution saddle, Garmin Edge 800, Dura Ace 7900 and 808 wheels.
  • 08-20-2011
    SROC3