2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 LIMITED EDITION
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007

2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 LIMITED EDITION

Pinarello is releasing 50 Limited Edition Dogma 2 with Campagnolo EPS Super Record bike to the USA.

Wrench Science got one Dogma 2 Limited Edition bike available right now in size 56cm.

List price - $16,500

Click on the link for more info - Orange Pulp*: 2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 LIMITED EDITION: Campagnolo Super Record EPS equipped Dogma 2!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    ...Well now that special edition Venge looks a bit more reasonable no?

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    My buddy will be getting the eps gruppo if anyone is interested on purchasing.

Batteries not required
    Really nice but sorry, black is not a "special" color.

A $16,500 bicycle should look like a $16,500 bicycle, with a truly special color on the frame AND the components. That bike looks generic.
    2012 Orbea Orca Gold. SRAM Red, Rolf Prima Ares 4
    2007 Orbea Orca. SRAM Force, HED Ardennes
    2010 Masi Soulville. SRAM Apex, Ritchey, Fizik
    2014 Felt F65X 'Cross SRAM Rival / Apex Avid disc brakes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake03 View Post
    ...Well now that special edition Venge looks a bit more reasonable no?
    Are you talking about the S-Works + McLaren Venge?

The Specialized McLaren Venge is a very nice bike, I saw the bike at my LBS.

The Dogma 2 Limited Edition, I'm not crazy about the specs. The only thing I like about it is the Dogma 2 Di2 frame and Campagnolo EPS Super Record Group.

I'm currently building my Dogma 2. I already got the frame. But I'm waiting for some of my other components to arrive.

Campagnolo EPS Super Record Group.
    Time handlebar and stem

My other components will be custom Zipp 303 Firecrest wheels, Speedplay Zero, Fizik Kurve or Prologo saddle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnV View Post

A $16,500 bicycle should look like a $16,500 bicycle, with a truly special color on the frame AND the components. That bike looks generic.
    Agreed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Our local shop, Winter Park Cycles in Orlando, FL has a 54 cm on the way. Same price $16,500.

Winter Park Cycles - Orlando | Welcome

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Yes I was talking about the McLaren S-Works Venge, It's only 1.5k more...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

new bike price

While I am going to buy a new bike this comming year, 16k is out of my league by a bit.
    I would still wait a year to see what bugs the new eps system will develop, once it has been mass produced.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    That is just horrible and nothing special at all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnV View Post

agree as well

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    nothing "special", looks like a BOB with some red on the top of the fork. I dunno why that would amount to $16,500 unless the Campy electric gruppo is ridiculously expensive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Campy electronic gruppo is extremely expensive.. Over 4k from what I am told.. 16,500 for a bike?!?! No way.. I am glad that I am a mtb racer on a sponsored team and can get pro deals because the bike industry is getting so out of hand with retail pricing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    And I agree with what others have said... Other than the Campy Electronic Gruppo, that bike isnt anything special or out of the ordinary..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    There's nothing wrong with the Bob color Dogma 2 frame. But I do agree, Pinarello should have release a special paint job frame on the Limited Edition bike. Something like Colnago C59 Limited Edition bikes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    I like that bike; definitely better specs than my dogma on Di2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL88 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Bob color Dogma 2 frame. But I do agree, Pinarello should have release a special paint job frame on the Limited Edition bike. Something like Colnago C59 Limited Edition bikes.
    Yeah, exactly. The paint scheme could have been something way more interesting than the big zero that it is. I love the BOB scheme but for this "special edition" they definitely could have released something at least a little bit interesting and unique. For example: a paint scheme the same or similar to what they did on the bikes produced for the Campagnolo EPS product launch (see photo). I liked that treatment and they could have added some obligatory Pina Dogma2 lettering here and there. That at least would be along the lines of something identifiable as "special edition".

Additionally; the wheels that come on this bike... are you kidding me? ...Shamals? ...for the price they should be Bora2 nothing less.

Anyway I will just build my own bike as usual with Boras, BOB paint and all the other elements exactly as I like them for thousands$ less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by campagnoloneutron; 12-11-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    campagnoloneutron
    ogni epoca ha un campione | ogni campione ha una Colnago+Pinarello+Campagnolo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by campagnoloneutron View Post
    Yeah, exactly. The paint scheme could have been something way more interesting than the big zero that it is. I love the BOB scheme but for this "special edition" they definitely could have released something at least a little bit interesting and unique. For example: a paint scheme the same or similar to what they did on the bikes produced for the Campagnolo EPS product launch (see photo). I liked that treatment and they could have added some obligatory Pina Dogma2 lettering here and there. That at least would be along the lines of something identifiable as "special edition".

Additionally; the wheels that come on this bike... are you kidding me? ...Shamals? ...for the price they should be Bora2 nothing less.

Anyway I will just build my own bike as usual with Boras, BOB paint and all the other elements exactly as I like them for thousands$ less.
    I bought the Dogma 2 Di2 Bob frame and I'm just waiting for the Campagnolo EPS Super Record Group to be available. I'm the 1st person on the waiting list for the EPS group at Wrench Science. I think the way I'm building the bike is better than the Pinarello Dogma 2 Limited Edition and cheaper too.
    Last edited by AnthonyL88; 12-11-2011 at 10:12 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Did Wrenchscience give you a quote on how much the EPS group is going to be?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Nope, I know the EPS Record Group will cost around the same price as the Dura Ace Di2. So, I'm guessing EPS Super Record might cost around $1000 or so more than the EPS Record Group. Anyway, Wrench Science always take care of me, so I know I will get a good price on the EPS Super Record Group.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    WrenchScience does have good service, I picked up a Delta 7 and Lake shoes from them before. Please let me know you if have any more news on this.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003
    I got to see the new Pinarello Dogma up close and personal today at Big Bang Bikes here in Pittsburgh. I was told it was the first one to arrive in the States. I don't know why anyone would care about that. But I have to agree with the general feelings here about this bike not having much bling. The Campy EPS isn't any more attractive than the Di2. I asked how much and they said $16,500.00. WTF are these manufacturers thinking. I'll bet the majority of those high dollar bikes are sold here in the USA. Lots of doctors and lawyers who can probably affrord a bike like that. I know I can't even afford the doctors, dentists, and lawyers. So I have no problem going to Chinese manufacturing. Hell I think my bike looks just as good as any bare carbon bike out there and it performs well enough to probably kick Pinarello's arse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Here's a new picture of the Dogma 2 Limited Edition with Campy Bora Ultra 2 wheels. HOT!!

Just in! Pinarello Dogma with Campagnolo EPS- Unboxed, weighed and first impressions - Bike Rumor
    Last edited by AnthonyL88; 12-19-2011 at 07:03 PM.

banned
    Aug 2011
    not really that HOT!?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    6.77kg is lighter than I expected.

Pinarello himself said in an interview a few months ago that the EPS system wouldn't be available for a long time, and certainly not this year. Was he bluffing or did Campagnolo keep him in the dark too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast