2013 Dogma 65.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Dogma 65.1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

2013 Dogma 65.1

Looks like Pinarello has made the dogma lighter! [email protected] IT! I ran the article through the translator and the new key features (which I can be wrong) are:

-65T, lighter frame
    -Frame is compatible with both Electric and cable
    -New BB, Press fit bearing
    -New Headset bearings

Anyone want a Dogma 2 frame set? BOB?

http://csdaddy.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-918.html

Source: Thanks to the Weight weenies forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Evolution, pretty much as anticipated. PF saves weight and makes for easier assembly. And making one frame compatible for electric and wire makes it more appealing to customers.
    This is what the Dogma2 should have been from the start.
    Good luck unloading your Dogma, I got one I want to get rid of too...
    Last edited by Cinelli 82220; 06-24-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Why get rid off your brand new rigs? To save a tiny bit of weight?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Damn!! Try selling your Dogma 2 and you will lose a lot of money. I love my Dogma 2, I'll buy another one later on. 70.1 LOL!! Also, Pinarello lower the price by $1000 on the Bob color Dogma 2 over 1 month ago.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    The BoBs are on sale all over the place. When something is appealing because it is unique you don't make a ton of them! Every brand has a BoB now, it's ruined the appeal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero77 View Post
    Why get rid off your brand new rigs? To save a tiny bit of weight?
    Different size and better fit. Weight difference is trivial and not a factor, though the new 65.1 might be noticably lighter.

I really like my new one and plan on keeping it until I can't ride anymore.
    Last edited by Cinelli 82220; 06-24-2012 at 05:42 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    The BoBs are on sale all over the place. When something is appealing because it is unique you don't make a ton of them! Every brand has a BoB now, it's ruined the appeal.
    I agree with you!! Every brand got the Bob color available. I wasn't happy Pinarello lower the price for the Bob color Dogma 2 only. But probably all the colors will be on sale very soon, since the Dogma 2 65.1K news is out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Damn! Wasn't it just a year ago that they came out with Dogma 2? Now the Dogma 65.1?!!

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Ok just spoke to my buddy who owns Gita.
    Wow was he surprised that the 65.1 was leaked so soon. So as soon as I told him to google it and he saw it he told me everything about it. So this is what he said pinarello is still getting thier carbon from toroya. And they are now using 65.1 and not 60.1. He said the real numbers have not been released on frame weight. But said keep in mind pinarello is not trying to push the lightest frame. Said there will be some more stiffness added in a few areas and new paint schemes. Biggest change is no need for a mechanical and electric bike now that they have it all in the new frame. Easier for stores to buy now. Besides that he said it will be marginally different. Bigger change next year. So don't go selling your dogma2 yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Wow was he surprised that the 65.1 was leaked so soon. So as soon as I told him to google it and he saw it he told me everything about it. So this is what he said pinarello is still getting thier carbon from toroya. And they are now using 65.1 and not 60.1. He said the real numbers have not been released on frame weight. But said keep in mind pinarello is not trying to push the lightest frame. Said there will be some more stiffness added in a few areas and new paint schemes. Biggest change is no need for a mechanical and electric bike now that they have it all in the new frame. Easier for stores to buy now. Besides that he said it will be marginally different. Bigger change next year. So don't go selling your dogma2 yet.
    Thanks for the info!! I guess a 2014 Dogma will be something to look forward 2.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Surprised they are continuing with the Paris considering its lack lustre sales
    http://csdaddy.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-920.html

Bring back the Prince!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Sensible post. Even if the "new 65.1" Doggie was 100grams lighter (doubtful) would it really make a difference? For those of us lucky enough to have a Dogma 2 just enjoy it for the next few years and stop stressing about the latest and the greatest...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Hi!
    Does anyone know when new Pinarellos will be available to general population for order. I'm interested in FP Quattro Ultegra (2012 or 2013).

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    After september

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Good link Deeyetoo.
    The frame looks similar but with a flattened section on the top of the top tube and the back of the seatstays. Another Kamm Tail, like Scott and Trek.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Last year, I pre-order the Dogma 2 in late July and my frame didn't come in until 2012 January.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    I waited 8 months for my dogma2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Wow!! I thought waiting 6 months was long, but eight months seem like forever.
    Last edited by AnthonyL88; 06-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Yeah. It was painfull

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Thank you! I wonder what would be the waiting time for FP Quattro

Of course, it is all speculations now, but based on the marketing leaflet from blog referenced above(2013 Pinarello Part 4) , there will be few groupsets available for FP Quattro, and the difference between 105 and Ultegra groupsets equipped bikes will be around $800, same wheels, and looks like the other components are also the same. Why such price difference in complete bike? The price difference between two groupsets in retail is only around $200.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    That picture of the Dogma 65.1 THINK2 is the prototype and they say press-fit BB will not be adopted for production models.

2013 Pinarello prices in Japan will drop significantly but it is due to Yen-Euro/USD exchange rate so in the rest of the world, I don't know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Better to phone a few places in Europe and see what they have on hand.
    I tried ordering from LBS and it was a waste of time. I emailed Shinybikes two weeks ago and they got back to me in two hours with what they had in my size. Ordered my Cav 699, a week later it's on my doorstep.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Better video of the 2013 Pinarello lineup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XB3...yer_detailpage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2010
    I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the 65.1 - the new Madone 7 series includes far more innovation than the Dogma and will undoubtably be cheaper too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast