The 65.1 Fakes Have Arrived! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisbud View Post
    What kind of BB that these china made dogmas come with?
    Mine has a metric thread not Italian!

RoadBikeReview Member

Excuses are for the weak.

The 65.1 Fakes Have Arrived!

That frame is not a real Pinarello.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    The frame in the back is a fake (I'm sure).
    The frame in the front I say it's real Pina

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013

Fake Pinarello

Quote Originally Posted by Qarbon View Post
    I just registered here after finding this thread on Google. I couldn't resist having some input on this topic, as I have a fairly unique experience in this area. For a start, I own genuine 60.1 and my wife has a genuine Prince. They're lovely frames, but the fact is, they're not worth anything like the price consumers are required to pay - it's almost comical, really. A Dogma frame in Australia $9,900AUD! I also used to ride downhill MTB and paid overwhelmingly less for a fully-kitted downhill frame than for a genuine Pinarello, which is just a basic carbon wrap! My son is a composites engineer and bought an early 60.1 "Chinarello" two years ago out of curiousity. What we found was... nothing... That is to say, the frame was faultless and beautifully engineered; the only exception being some excess resin in the BB threads, which needed to be cleaned out.

Since then, I've run a "fake" Dogma2 (for a year, doing 550km a week) and my son (and three friends) have done the same. Not a single issue. The quality now is seriously on par with my real 60.1, which now hangs in the garage!

I've just ordered a new 65.1 and look forward to receiving it. Perhaps it's a little unethical, but so is charging 10k for a frame, which is made in China in exactly the same region as the "fakes", at a neighbouring factory (yes, that's correct). Pinarello lost me as a customer as soon as I became aware of their faux-Italian manufacturing! That's more unethical than anything.
    I am with you mate. I have a new 65.1made in China and cannot fault it. I also own a Fondriest made in Taiwan cannot fault it either.
    I really dont know what the hype is all about. We all buy and wear Chinese clothes drive their cars we even eat their food. The crap that people go on about who what and where to buy is ridiculous. I love both my bikes and will buy again and again. The only thing I would and have bought Italian is a Ducati and I have Italian heritage.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Yep I have one and if all those whingers complain cause "im buying a fake".. Better change your clothes or remove your "sponsored clothing " cause you guys are no different

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Nar mate Just doit

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    I currently ride a Dogma 2 but I'm planning on buying a custom Formigli frame soon. 100% hand crafted in Italy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    The relevant issue is intellectual property theft. Regardless of how it is justified, these sellers/manufacturers take someone else's intellectual property and steal such for their own profit.

Please take the time to read what kind of impact IP theft has in general.

IP Commission Report - The Report of the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property

RoadBikeReview Member
    The manufacturers have only themselves to blame. It's why Campagnolo is all made in Italy or Romania. They realize once you go to the Far East for manufacturing; the cats out of the bag.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's awesome. Much better than the silly Italian threading on the real Pinarello that's made in The Far East.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    For some reason the Chinarello's aren't painted with the large metal flake paint that comes on a genuine Pina with the Diamond finish.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Hello, I received the ordered frame Pinarello Dogma 65.1. Written little review. Sorry for my bad english, I just begin to study it.
    Seller KODE HK: 2013 model Pinarello Dogma 65.1 DI2 Think2 028 White Carbon Bike Frame+fork+seatpost+clamp+headset road bicycle-in Bicycle Frame from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com
    1. Fake. 100% chinarello. The frame should be asymmetrical. Measurement calipers showed that the front and rear forks are symmetrical. Thickness left and right parts are identical. This is Dogma 60 painted as 65.1?
    2. Carbon fiber tube crushes easily by fingers. Very thin. It seems me, is dangerous to ride on such bicycle. Only the seat post was made well.
    3. In some places, poorly painted.
    4. Fake invoice on box: the product name "simple frame" (must be Pinarello Dogma2 65.1 frame ") and the invoice price 60 $ (must be 520). How to get promised warranty 2 years?
    5. The track number for tracking and shipping the first time gave a fake.
    6. Fake frame number - registration on Pinarello`s web page is impossible.
    7. No certificate, no passport or other docs for frame in parcel (but "Made in Italy" on saddle tube and UCI mark on top).

I do not recommend to buy it.
    Now is night, if need, can to attach real fotos of this frame

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    That frame looks pretty bad even for a Chinarello!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Hey, guys, a few photos.
    Sorry, good fotocamera was busy on video of unpacking the parcel, only from mobile phone.
    Look at serial number: KD201308 = 2013 year 08 month!
    And geometry near Merida ride 88.
    Сolor scheme is standard, but the green color is my (optional)

IMG_20130913_212336.jpgIMG_20130913_221053.jpgIMG_20130913_220839.jpgIMG_20130913_220513.jpgIMG_20130913_215507.jpgIMG_20130913_215334.jpgIMG_20130913_215205.jpgIMG_20130913_214951.jpgIMG_20130913_213808.jpgIMG_20130913_213519.jpgIMG_20130913_221222.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    So, what do we look for, for sure?

Serial number, and legit barcode?

Metric vs. Italian BB?

Asymmetrical seatstays?

Plastic cable routing guide under BB?

Weight?

Matte finish vs. Glossy?

Thanks.

(I just bought a used 2012 Paris frame on Ebay...very low price, rec'd yesterday, looks legit, esp. SN, asymmetrical, etc. Measurements are same as factory specs, does have a MOst seat post, and housing on seat tube is round, not oval.)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Serial number, and legit barcode?
    I tryed to enter this SN on web page of factory Pinarello, It is clearly, that SN is false.

Metric vs. Italian BB?
    Metric, 34mm x 1 mm, left and right thread, buyed ball bearings Shimano XTR (marked on box as SM BB 90 for front stars Shimano 105)

Asymmetrical seatstays?
    You mean seat tube? It has a teardrop-shaped profile, the head is moved backwards. Well visible carbon fiber intertwining. Saddle tube is a very powerful and reliable (genuine)

Plastic cable routing guide under BB?
    Сables run inside the pipe, then go under the bottom bracket on the street, then again hidden in the lower part of rear fork.

Weight?
    Frame size 56 (my height 180 cm, weight 60 kg) = 1250 grams
    Front fork = 430-450 grams
    Saddle tube 250 grams.

Matte finish vs. Glossy?
    You can order any color, as well as matte or gloss paint. I ordered green, because I wanted Cannondale CAAD10 team replica, but could not find. (from international table of colors RAL 6038)
    I recommend buying a color "barbecue" (BOB, black, this is naked carbon frame without paint). This means only the lacquer painting and polishing. Why? Because it will be seen as qualitatively made ​​frame. Every flaw will be seen. This is the reason why the factory in Treviso in Italy bought frames without paint - to check the quality of the surface (at least)

Thanks Google translator for help in translating to english I hope, my answer was useful.

Are expected assembly and test of the bike (in beginning of october)
    Last edited by dogma65; 09-25-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: BB68=Shimano XTR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Interesting how "Made in Italy" is painted on in the counterfeit along with all the other lettering but on a real Dogma "Made in Italy" is just a sticker. Makes you wonder how much Italy there is in a real Dogma! The masking between colors on the fake looks as carefully done as the real thing though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I'm sorry you got conned there dogma65.
    Last edited by Cinelli 82220; 09-19-2013 at 02:43 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    It's all right, sir, this is serially-produced frame. Pinarello factory has time to produce 5,000 frames per year that's enough for the professional riders of all world.. I am a fan of Team Sky or Movistar - what to do? Italian frames are absent in the free sale. I would like to buy bicycle such as has Chris Froome or Nairo Quintana! For fans of specially made a copies.
    Label "Made in Italy"? I am asked to do it, and UCI sticker on the top tube frame and to paint in my colors

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Hello,

An ex-boyfriend who has " a way with words" gave me this frame for my birthday. However, I am very suspicious about whether it is a replica or real... Please see attached. The frame is at my friend's house-I don't recall seeing the serial number however, I did not look for it. WHere would I find it?

IMG_3255.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Serial number is on a sticker just in front of the bottom bracket on the underside of the down tube.

Can you tell if the bottom bracket threads are English thread or Italian?

Excuses are for the weak.
    My guess, looking at the silver Most frame protector, is that it's not a genuine frame. Does not look like a sticker and appears painted on.
    Tough to be sure from that pic though.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SFbike2013 View Post
    WHere would I find it?
    Such SN is fake (KD201308)
    IMG_20130913_213848.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Can you tell if the bottom bracket threads are English thread or Italian?
    On my chinese Pinarello is English 68, buyed ball bearings Shimano XTR SM-BB 90, Hollowtech II, thread 34x1 mm. For front stars Shimano 105. Other foto (clickable)

On left side right thread, on right side left thread.
    Information about bottom bracket is on the the seller's site (click to enlarge)

I hope my message was useful
    Last edited by dogma65; 09-29-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast