The 65.1 Fakes Have Arrived!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 113
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,360

    The 65.1 Fakes Have Arrived!


  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17
    Hear about new coz now 65.1 is move to OEM at china so will a lot fake will out with very high quality fake,,,

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by keong72 View Post
    Hear about new coz now 65.1 is move to OEM at china so will a lot fake will out with very high quality fake,,,
    am I the only one that isn't understanding what you are saying ?

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bikerjulio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,492
    At least the seller was open about it. Unlike others we have seen.

    Where are the genuine ones made now?
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: CliveDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    305
    That's just wrong.

    You pay more for a cheap China fake because it has Pinarello logo's then you show up on a ride posing that you have a Pinarello when it's clear to everyone that you "want to" have a Pinarello but could not swing it.

    Better maybe to spend $500 on a "Authentic" China open mold no name bike and know what you have and put the extra $300 toward health insurance premium.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by keong72 View Post
    Hear about new coz now 65.1 is move to OEM at china so will a lot fake will out with very high quality fake,,,
    This for sure! Or maybe not. Either way I totally agree or disagree.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Honestly, if I got in a crash and I destroyed my bike I would seriously consider getting a replica Pinarello and swap over all my components. I loves pinarellos . . That's a fact, but I don't think I want to shell out 7k for a new bike. $600 is a lot more acceptable, however I would feel bad when I ride as I would be degrading the Pinarello name. Fake or not I give credit to the Chinese, they have done an admirable job of making a beautiful bike.

    Source: Wholesale Accept black/white/red Pinarello Dogma 60.1 aero D2 3k Carbon Road bike frameseatpost, Free shipping, $647.9-668.8/Piece | DHgate
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,360
    Martin that is the best one I've seen yet. I'm tempted to buy one to see it up close!

    I wonder if they have non-offset seat posts in the Dogma shape?

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16
    It's getting harder to easily spot the fakes now that they have the aero posts and forks and internal cables.

    Does this effect the resale price as people on the second hand market won't be able to trust that our bikes are legit?

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by ml29 View Post
    It's getting harder to easily spot the fakes now that they have the aero posts and forks and internal cables.

    Does this effect the resale price as people on the second hand market won't be able to trust that our bikes are legit?
    You can't fake the serial number on the bottom of your bike so no. As long as it's registered and you can prove it you're good.
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  12. #12
    Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Reputation: PaxRomana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by keong72 View Post
    Hear about new coz now 65.1 is move to OEM at china so will a lot fake will out with very high quality fake,,,
    I think what he is saying is that the Dogma 65.1 is now made in China as well, meaning closer access for counterfeits, so the new fakes will be of much higher quality and look even more like the originals.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16
    Is there a way people can check the serial number with Pinarello if buying secondhand?

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by ml29 View Post
    Is there a way people can check the serial number with Pinarello if buying secondhand?
    I would call pinarello or contact them at [email protected] to verify the serial number. There are also some give aways in the serial number i.e the last 2 digets is always the frame size. . . if those do not match than thats a knockoff.
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  15. #15
    dfdf
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    336
    Im gonna get me one.

  16. #16
    apn
    apn is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrm View Post
    There are also some give aways in the serial number i.e the last 2 digets is always the frame size. . . if those do not match than thats a knockoff.
    Is this limited to Dogma models?

    Curious, since it doesn't appear to be the case for my 2012 Quattro, from my reg email;

    FRAME DATA
    Retail purchase date: 2012-04-06
    Sales receipt number:
    Model: FPQUATTRO
    year: 2012
    Color: W/B/R 593
    Size: 56
    Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 5
    Group: Ultegra
    Frame serial number: 2AZ********98

    NOTES ON THE REGISTRATION:

    Sincerely,
    Cicli Pinarello S.p.A.

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by apn View Post
    Is this limited to Dogma models?

    Curious, since it doesn't appear to be the case for my 2012 Quattro, from my reg email;

    FRAME DATA
    Retail purchase date: 2012-04-06
    Sales receipt number:
    Model: FPQUATTRO
    year: 2012
    Color: W/B/R 593
    Size: 56
    Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 5
    Group: Ultegra
    Frame serial number: 2AZ********98

    NOTES ON THE REGISTRATION:

    Sincerely,
    Cicli Pinarello S.p.A.
    Did you check under the bottom bracket? Because thats where its on mine and i have a paris. It might possibly be in another location? Im positive that all Pinarellos sold by a dealer/manufacturer do indeed have serial number. But, considering that you have a registration email i dont think there is a problem as long as you have proof of where you bought it from.
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  18. #18
    apn
    apn is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrm View Post
    Did you check under the bottom bracket? Because thats where its on mine and i have a paris. It might possibly be in another location? Im positive that all Pinarellos sold by a dealer/manufacturer do indeed have serial number. But, considering that you have a registration email i dont think there is a problem as long as you have proof of where you bought it from.
    I sure did. The sticker under the BB matches what came back in the Gita and Pinarello emails (totally legit), but I'm asking if the the frame size is always the last two digits of the serial #, because that's not the case for my Quattro, where 56 != 98

    Perhaps they only do this for Dogma frames?

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: martinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by apn View Post
    I sure did. The sticker under the BB matches what came back in the Gita and Pinarello emails (totally legit), but I'm asking if the the frame size is always the last two digits of the serial #, because that's not the case for my Quattro, where 56 != 98

    Perhaps they only do this for Dogma frames?
    Ah gotcha, it might be different then, i just know that on my paris and one of my teammates FP7 the last 2 digits are the frame size. Perhaps 56 is in the serial number in a different location?
    Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

  20. #20
    Excuses are for the weak.
    Reputation: Juzzy004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrm View Post
    I would call pinarello or contact them at [email protected] to verify the serial number. There are also some give aways in the serial number i.e the last 2 digets is always the frame size. . . if those do not match than thats a knockoff.
    Martin, you're partly correct about the frame size being part of the serial number. It's not the last 2 digits though. Mine shows 1AA515.... The 515 indicates that the frame is a 51.5cm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    __________________________________________________
    2014 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 860
    2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 BoB
    2012 Pinarello Dogma 2
    2007 Look 585

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    248
    ^ Guaranteed most popular S/N on eBay next month
    "Her husband later told me it was a big, delicious potato; that she wanted it, and he just couldn't deny her." OEH

  22. #22
    Excuses are for the weak.
    Reputation: Juzzy004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by iclypso View Post
    ^ Guaranteed most popular S/N on eBay next month
    Haha! That's NOT my current Dogma 2 Serial #. Would never advertise that. Anyone looking to buy a Pinarello online should always email for registration confirmation. Those attempting to use other peoples stickers will always get caught out by those who are careful.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    __________________________________________________
    2014 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 860
    2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 BoB
    2012 Pinarello Dogma 2
    2007 Look 585

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    That serial # is on ebay but not that exact photo, is that your old bike or someone else's.
    Just wondering?

  24. #24
    apn
    apn is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrm View Post
    Ah gotcha, it might be different then, i just know that on my paris and one of my teammates FP7 the last 2 digits are the frame size. Perhaps 56 is in the serial number in a different location?
    Ah yes, since Juzzy004 explained his 51.5, I checked and my serial # starts with 2AZ56..., so evidently the frame size is coded after the 2AZ prefix.

    I don't know the model year of your friends Paris, but IIRC, the FP7 was discontinued a couple of years ago (my friend has a 2009). Based on Juzzy's Dogma2 and my new Quattro, perhaps they changed the encoding scheme for 2012...

    Thanks for clearing that up!

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,360
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    I think what he is saying is that the Dogma 65.1 is now made in China as well, meaning closer access for counterfeits, so the new fakes will be of much higher quality and look even more like the originals.
    All they need to make an exact copy is the file for the CNC mill that cuts the molds....it's probably on the Pirate Bay by now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.