DOGMA 60.1 vs PRINCE - FULL REVIEW - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iridepinarello
    LOL... no disrespect taken This is all in good fun, and yes, we should exchange notes for sure. It's always nice to chat with another obsessed Pinarello fan.

I would love to hear about you Lightweight wheels. Never had a pair but want to get them.

PM me when you're free and give me your phone #.
    Dude, just pm'ed you my info.

LWs are great but not worth the $ diff vs. Boras. They are better climbing wheels due to weight but the carbon/kevlar spokes deaden the ride a bit. Boras are much sexier and give you better road feel. I like feelin' the ride, if you know what I mean. And sexy - I like sexy too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Reasons for comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by mriddle
    It's amazing how many people want to compare these two frames.
    In actuality, these are two of the most contrasting carbon frames on the market.
    I would love to own one, but would never consider the other.....
    I think the reason for the comparison is that these two frames are directed at the same groups. Racers, bicycling enthusiasts, and anyone who wants to believe that they have the best possible frame. Of course, these two frames are only among many best frames available. My bike shop owner insists that the best frames are now built in the U.S. But he is a retailer for Pinarello Colnago and others, but not Specialized or Trek.

k.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

I hear you

Quote Originally Posted by pharding
    Before I bought my Pinarello Prince, I considered the Colnago EPS. Unfortunately the Colnago color schemes are amateurish in my opinion as an architect and Colnago's reputation in the Chicago area is that of being undependable .
    The Colnago paint schemes and colors shown in the Colnago catalogue and at most of their retailer Web sites are not so good. There are only two online retailers for Colnago in the U.S--R&A Cycles and Wrench Science. But there are a bunch of custom colors available for the 2010 EPS: PRZA, PR82, MTBK and others. They fact that they are available but not openly advertised, seemed to be available through only some retailers, etc. sealed the deal to move to Pinarello. I knew what was available and what I could get. Sure Pinarello seems to do some limited production runs of certain colors (Team Sky for example), but I believe they won't covertly favor one retailer over another.

I can't speak to the unreliability of Colnago, but I've heard the same comment as the one you made several times. Pinarello seems to honor warranties and handle issues w/o any problems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    MinnBobber, very good description of the two bikes. Saw a Team Sky training bike on the road this morn, looks fast with Di2!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Hi,

Soryy for my english... I speak normaly french. I have a question. I would like to change my frame. I have a BMC slc01. I had big problem with BMC and the guarantee.

I look of another BMC, the SLR01, a TIME RXR and the most beautiful for me, the DOGMA60.1 CliveDS you have tested the BMC and the DOGMA. Could you tell me what the differance, the positiv or negativ points...

For me the dogma have two negatives points. The weight et the seatpost.

Thank's for answer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi
    I think the reason for the comparison is that these two frames are directed at the same groups. Racers, bicycling enthusiasts, and anyone who wants to believe that they have the best possible frame. Of course, these two frames are only among many best frames available. My bike shop owner insists that the best frames are now built in the U.S. But he is a retailer for Pinarello Colnago and others, but not Specialized or Trek.

k.
    I am curious if the shop owner is speaking about small-scale frame makers as opposed to the big manufacturers you mentioned.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

He didn't qualify his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbartmc
    I am curious if the shop owner is speaking about small-scale frame makers as opposed to the big manufacturers you mentioned.
    He said simply that the best frames are now made in the U.S. [Facing facts, the U.S. isn't the best at much anymore.] So I really can't address your point. I assumed, and I know that usually gets one into hot water, that he meant "in general and of all frames made". I've noted that he sells Pinarello and Colnago (he's not listed as an Colnago-authorized dealer, so no warranty according to Colnago U.S.!!!!!), as well as Felt, Masi, and probably others. And of course, he's the dealer I bought my Lynskey titanium frame/bike from. You can check his Web site @ http://www.tomsprobike.com/ but he doesn't have much listed right now (winter in Buffalo, NY!). That shop is probably the best bike shop in Western New York...I'm unaware of anyone more knowledgeable and who carries strictly pro-level bikes in this area. It's not quite local to me...about 1-1/2 hour drive with autobahn style driving.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    This thread is a great read! I am wondering if anyone can tell me how much of difference there would be from going from a 2002 Prince SL to a new Dogma Think or 60.1? I love the geometry of my bike but the Prince feels like it lacks the snap of the new carbon frames. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I've owned both, the Prince and the Dogma2. To add my 2 cents to the discussion:

1. The Prince is not lighter than the Dogma2.
    2. The Dogma 2 sprints and climbs just as well as the Prince, whilst having a more comfortable ride. I also find it very stable during cornering and descending.

I'd happily ride either bike for the rest of my life, and feel like a lucky bastard each and every day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123