And the Dogma entertainment continues.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by merckxman View Post
    Seller no longer exists.

QUOTE=AnthonyL88;3478173]This seller put OEM on all the Pinarello frames he's selling on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/TailWind-Bike...id=p4340.l2563
    [/QUOTE]

The seller is gone because I reported all the fake frames to ebay twice. I will continue to reported every single person selling fake Pinarello frames to ebay.

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    As I also do...

The seller is gone because I reported all the fake frames to ebay twice. I will continue to reported every single person selling fake Pinarello frames to ebay.[/QUOTE]

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Wow, you guys must have a lot of free time on your hands if you're spending it reporting fake Pinarellos.

I mean, whatever floats your boat, I guess but wow...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    It doesn't take a lot of time reporting the fake Pinarello frames to ebay. It will only take a couple of minutes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Dont report them because I'd buy one as a training bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL88 View Post
    It doesn't take a lot of time reporting the fake Pinarello frames to ebay. It will only take a couple of minutes.

...plus whatever time you spend actively searching for them on Ebay. Again, whatever floats your boat. Me? I have a lot of other stuff I'd rather spend my time on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Shame that someone is going to spend big bucks on it thinking they are getting a genuine Pinarello.. If you guys reported it, EBAY has done nothing.. It is still on there with bids..

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    I presume this is a fake but would like to know if that assumption is correct based upon the photographs:

Pulled!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo269 View Post
    Shame that someone is going to spend big bucks on it thinking they are getting a genuine Pinarello.. If you guys reported it, EBAY has done nothing.. It is still on there with bids..
    Not true, because the ones I reported to Ebay are no longer available. If there are fake Pinarello frames you see on ebay, just send me the link and I will send it to ebay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL88 View Post
    Not true, because the ones I reported to Ebay are no longer available. If there are fake Pinarello frames you see on ebay, just send me the link and I will send it to ebay.
    They just pulled the last one (about an hour ago) a Cycling Yong frame that was bidding up to 1600.. It sat on there for two days though with bids..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    When in Treviso in July, counterfeit frames and ebay were surprisingly part of the discussion. Fausto specifically mentioned how serious they were taking the fakes and ebay issues. I am sure he would be thankful to know there are others out there helping protect the brand

Cheers!
    Bart Stetler
    QueenCity Bicycles
    1408-A East Blvd
    Charlotte NC 28203
    704-522-7006
    www.queencitybicycles.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    It's not just about fake Pinarello frames, but other fake frames like Colnago etc. I also reported the fake Colango frames I saw to ebay. My riding partner is a big Colnago fan and own a couple of Colnago frames and he wanted the fake Colnago frames off ebay too.

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    Here is another one: 320743021170
    Suspect same as cycling.yong (look at store name).
    Also note that it's not only Pinarello, but also Colnago Cervelo, and coming soon Specialized!

This is yet another one 150639342779

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Here is another one: 320743021170
    Suspect same as cycling.yong (look at store name).
    Also note that it's not only Pinarello, but also Colnago Cervelo, and coming soon Specialized!

This is yet another one 150639342779
    I already reported it to ebay including 2 other Pinarello frames.

(160571821134, 150590257574)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I report them too, one of the sellers is now selling counterfeit Bontrager XXX carbon stems.

I wonder if Trek is aware of that?

Anphaque II
    Does it have to say the counterfeited brand to be counterfeited, or just look like one?

I found one that looks like a Dogma but is sanitized of any name or label.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    So much LOL in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    I report them too, one of the sellers is now selling counterfeit Bontrager XXX carbon stems.

I wonder if Trek is aware of that?
    I have one of those Bontrager XXX Lite seatpost, they're identical to the real ones, similar weights too. Very inexpensive.

Anyhoo, Pinarello man in Treviso must love you guys for putting your free unpaid time into helping him get rich and uphold his brand.

Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    Does it have to say the counterfeited brand to be counterfeited, or just look like one?

I found one that looks like a Dogma but is sanitized of any name or label.
    Those are not Dogmas. They're carbotec based designs (which Pinarello brought one to be labelled as Dogmas). Quite ubiquitous over ebay for like $400 something, a few of them came with Italian BB threads too.

Get me to In&Out
    So the folks in Italy are getting butt hurt because China is making knockoffs? What the heck did you expect when you outsource your work to them? They make knockoffs when you don't send them the plans, so you send them the plans and expect them to only make them for you? Welcome to the world of international corporate espionage. For the fanboys here, why not just enjoy your bike and ride it. You know what you bought, and know it is legit. Why play world police for a brand? Is it hurting you to know someone is buying a fake that bad? If I go to the local decal shop and have them make pinarello decals for my mtb bike are you going to call eBay and report me?
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    So the folks in Italy are getting butt hurt because China is making knockoffs? What the heck did you expect when you outsource your work to them? They make knockoffs when you don't send them the plans, so you send them the plans and expect them to only make them for you? Welcome to the world of international corporate espionage. For the fanboys here, why not just enjoy your bike and ride it. You know what you bought, and know it is legit. Why play world police for a brand? Is it hurting you to know someone is buying a fake that bad? If I go to the local decal shop and have them make pinarello decals for my mtb bike are you going to call eBay and report me?
    I think the issue is more about the poor guy that doesn't know that he's buying a fake. Not everyone is as savvy as the people on this forum, so some poor fool is going to get caught out when he could have bought the same frame without branding for $400.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Are you guys serious? Why dont you go and report all the fake Gucci handbags, Eames Chairs and Ralph Loren Polo shirts too.

I have a collegue at wpork who has bought a fake frame. He knows it was fake but was happy to pay the $500 for it. He loves it and the finish is beautiful for the non trained Pinarello enthusiast like ourselves its looks perfect.

Why be b#tches and keep running off and reporting them? Some have stated they are replica frames which they can do.

Check my history, I've had Princes, F4:13 and a Dogma. I am as Pinarello as the next guy but I dont have a problem with the replica frames.

Expecially when I know how much they actually cost to manufacture. You would be horrified.

merckxman
    Jan 2002

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Cycling Yong is unreal.. He is cloning all the high end brands. The thing with him is that he makes it known in his auction that these are replicas. Still highly illegal, but EBAY allows him to get away with copyright infringement. The thing that pisses me off is others trying to sell his replicas as the real deal and ripping off ebay members.. Those are the ones that I report..

merckxman
    Jan 2002
    Re: "Expecially when I know how much they actually cost to manufacture. You would be horrified". How much would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
    Are you guys serious? Why dont you go and report all the fake Gucci handbags, Eames Chairs and Ralph Loren Polo shirts too.

I have a collegueExpecially when I know how much they actually cost to manufacture. You would be horrified. at wpork who has bought a fake frame. He knows it was fake but was happy to pay the $500 for it. He Expecially when I know how much they actually cost to manufacture. You would be horrified.it and the finish is beautiful for the non trained Pinarello enthusiast like ourselves its looks perfect.

Why be b#tches and keep running off and reporting them? Some have stated they are replica frames which they can do.

Check my history, I've had Princes, F4:13 and a Dogma. I am as Pinarello as the next guy but I dont have a problem with the replica frames.

Expecially when I know how much they actually cost to manufacture. You would be horrified.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
    Please post an invoice from the manufacturer to Pinarello so we can all see.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Here's the rule on ebay.

If an item has a company's name or logo on it, but it wasn't made or endorsed by the company, it's not allowed on eBay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast