Dogma Sizing Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    At this moment the clincher version only comes with an aluminum brake track with the carbon aero part bonded to it. The ghost or all blacked HED decals are designed and made by me and not available from Hed, but I can provide them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Don't suppose anyone has a pick of a 53cm setup with a 73cm saddle height?
    I too feel I am between sizes. I am 5'10 with a short inseam. I think my saddle height is about 73.3cm. I currently ride a 54cm Cervelo S3, which has a 54.8 eff. top tube, and 14cm head tube, with just the 2cm top cap under the stem. I run a 120 stem.

It seems like the 53cm Dogma would be on the tall side for me, but the right length. The 51.5 might need an extra spacer, and would probably need a 130 stem....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson00 View Post
    I too feel I am between sizes. I am 5'10 with a short inseam. I think my saddle height is about 73.3cm. I currently ride a 54cm Cervelo S3, which has a 54.8 eff. top tube, and 14cm head tube, with just the 2cm top cap under the stem. I run a 120 stem.

It seems like the 53cm Dogma would be on the tall side for me, but the right length. The 51.5 might need an extra spacer, and would probably need a 130 stem....
    Here is my current setup. 53cm Dogma 60.1 with 28.5" saddle height. Seat post height is ok if I'm using a flat, minimally padded saddle but looks too low when I need to lower it by .25-.50 inches when I opted for a more curved saddle with more substantial padding.

Currently running a 110 stem. If I upgrade to a 51.5 I'll will need a 120 stem. And of course I dont have any spacers below the stem now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mykol77 View Post
    Here is my current setup. 53cm Dogma 60.1 with 28.5" saddle height. Seat post height is ok if I'm using a flat, minimally padded saddle but looks too low when I need to lower it by .25-.50 inches when I opted for a more curved saddle with more substantial padding.

Currently running a 110 stem. If I upgrade to a 51.5 I'll will need a 120 stem. And of course I dont have any spacers below the stem now.

Thanks. If I'm calculating right, your saddle height is about 72.5cm. Looks higher than I would have expected. Perhaps a 53cm wouldn't be so bad for me for height after all. I wish I had a local shop that stocked them so I could try in person...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks. If I'm calculating right, your saddle height is about 72.5cm. Looks higher than I would have expected. Perhaps a 53cm wouldn't be so bad for me for height after all. I wish I had a local shop that stocked them so I could try in person...
    trying one in person would be the best option but its hard to find a bike shop that would stock multiple sizes. I'm 5'10" but have long torso and short legs. When I get my next dogma it would definitely be a 51.5 that if they don't change the current geometry for the dogma 2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Sounds like you and I are same height and almost same inseam. Lets trade bikes for a couple weeks..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    .....whoops, never mind, missed your comment about the spacers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    .....whoops, never mind, missed your comment about the spacers
    lol yes I'll just need to add one 10mm spacer to approximate my drop in my current setup. And additionally they have actually made the headtube height higher on the Dogma 2 vs. the Dogma 60.1

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm also 5'10" and my 55cm Dogma's saddle height is 74 cm. I'm running a 100mm stem. I f you want more standover, you can go with either 54 or 53. But, 51.5 sounds small.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Kokopelli Racing

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    I ride a 53 dogma2. With a 100mm stem. I am 5'9 and have a inseam of 33.
    This machine is as comfy as a lazyboy chair with the headset slammed.
    This is my first dogma. I came off a Roubaix expert and what a difference. By far the best bike I have ever ridden. So responsive. Goes when you hit the pedals. And descends with confidence.
    I can not express how amazing this bike is. Anyone thinking of getting this bike GET IT.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero77 View Post
    I ride a 53 dogma2. With a 100mm stem. I am 5'9 and have a inseam of 33.
    This machine is as comfy as a lazyboy chair with the headset slammed.
    This is my first dogma. I came off a Roubaix expert and what a difference. By far the best bike I have ever ridden. So responsive. Goes when you hit the pedals. And descends with confidence.
    I can not express how amazing this bike is. Anyone thinking of getting this bike GET IT.
    Can you post pics? I wanna see how your setup is in relation to seatpost height.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Can you post pics? I wanna see how your setup is in relation to seatpost height.
    Sure I will try to snap it tonight and show you.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Sorry best i can give you right now is a pic taken by my iphone

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    best i can do from my iphone

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    That's weird, I really must have short legs. I'm 5'10" with a real inseam of 32" (book at crotch method) and 30" pant inseam and my seatpost is at least a couple of inches lower than yours in the picture.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Mykol post a pic of yours

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero77 View Post
    Mykol post a pic of yours
    I actually did. Look up several posts. It's the image of a red Dogma 60.1 with Easton wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I actually did. Look up several posts. It's the image of a red Dogma 60.1 with Easton wheels.
    We're about the same height and after a few changes to my set-up yesterday we seem to have the same amount of seatpost exposed.

Your bike looks just fine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12