Fake Dogmas will be harder to spot - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Oh and by the way...HAPPY NEW YEAR, hope you had a great night, as for the previous grammar. I was on my android with one hand, beer/champagne in the other and keeping a conversation going with my wife. Have a safe 2012!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo7 View Post
    hey AnthonyL88, do you live in Marin?
    Sorry, I'm in the NY area.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Don't tell me someone who has FAKE decals on a FAKE bike isn't posturing!
    Good Morning, Happy New Year!!!

Posturing?..possible. I guess I have a problem with those on the real Pinarello looking down on lesser or fake bikes, like I have a problem with the ones on the fakes bike saying how stupid it is to spend that type of money on a bike. One thing I found out about buying a bike is the amount of research I had to do and what I learned in the last 2 years of falling in love with this passion. Learning about BB, compliance, groupset..oh, and the wheels!!, especially for my size, that was a tricky one, can't go too light. So i respect the price point. Not that I would buy fake, I don't think I could take a chance because of the torque I create. I broke I cassette after 18 months on my previous bike.

Slightly Opinionated
    Good Morning, Happy New Year!!!

Posturing?..possible. I guess I have a problem with those on the real Pinarello looking down on lesser or fake bikes, like I have a problem with the ones on the fakes bike saying how stupid it is to spend that type of money on a bike. One thing I found out about buying a bike is the amount of research I had to do and what I learned in the last 2 years of falling in love with this passion. Learning about BB, compliance, groupset..oh, and the wheels!!, especially for my size, that was a tricky one, can't go too light. So i respect the price point. Not that I would buy fake, I don't think I could take a chance because of the torque I create. I broke I cassette after 18 months on my previous bike.
    WTF wouldn't someone on a real Pinarello look down upon some asshat who thinks it's fine to buy a counterfeit bike just to pretend he's got a pricey bike that people will "ooh and ahh" over?

If you can't afford a Pinarello, buy something you can afford. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with buying within your budget. There is a HUGE problem with buying a cheap counterfeit bike in order to pretend you own something you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    actually I don't really say a lot when I ride, but I understand if you would want to avoid me..lol..no worries. I have met numerous friends from riding, from helping out those on the road when they have a flat, help with directions. Funny thing is, I never attacked anyone specifically here just made in observation. I'll remember next time when there is a topic to not have a different point of view and just go along with the conversation and play it safe so everyone feels good. Once again I never said i would buy a fake, just that there's a lot of energy discussing what kind of people buy fakes and how we judge them, not looking for people to agree with me, just making an observation. So you guys win, I lost the conversation.
    Kilo7 - don't take this wrong but this particular forum brings out the best of people. You have to be "all in" with them, don't offer any observations, disagreements, or opinions non in-line with theirs especially if you want to fit in. Kind of reminds me of high school;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    I can't believe it's a new year yet people don't seem to get tired of the same old arguments.

Keep it up folks and this just might become as lame as bikeforums...

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by RC28 View Post
    I can't believe it's a new year yet people don't seem to get tired of the same old arguments.

Keep it up folks and this just might become as lame as bikeforums...
    Well if people would stop doing stupid sh!t like buying counterfeit bikes, these conversations would go away...

You know...the obvious.
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Fake watches and fake bikes are very different. Your life depends on one of them while being used...

I personally don't care when people buy counterfeits but one of the biggest problems is this give Pinarello bikes a bad name.

If someone bought fake and it had a catastrophic failure people who might not know it's a fake might assume Pinarello bikes have shoddy workmanship.
    2012 Specialized Tarmac Expert SL3 |
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    And just like that, Rob proves me right.

I rest my case.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by todayilearned View Post
    Fake watches and fake bikes are very different. Your life depends on one of them while being used...

I personally don't care when people buy counterfeits but one of the biggest problems is this give Pinarello bikes a bad name.

If someone bought fake and it had a catastrophic failure people who might not know it's a fake might assume Pinarello bikes have shoddy workmanship.
    Aren't we still waiting for the catastrophic failures you speak of? Considering the high number of these that are out there, you would think that reports would be numerous yet I've counted TWO (and both fall under the realm of improper assembly/installation). On the other hand, many more are documented on authentic brand name bikes. Madone forks failing under Trek sponsored riders a year or so ago, anyone????

Slightly Opinionated
    And just like that, Rob proves me right.

I rest my case.
    As long as people buy immoral crap, I'll complain about it as is my right to do.

If you're so jaded that you don't care, then don't read the threads.

Slightly Opinionated
    Aren't we still waiting for the catastrophic failures you speak of? Considering the high number of these that are out there, you would think that reports would be numerous yet I've counted TWO (and both fall under the realm of improper assembly/installation). On the other hand, many more are documented on authentic brand name bikes. Madone forks failing under Trek sponsored riders a year or so ago, anyone????
    Yeah, about that. I'd wager $10 that there are FAR more authentic brand bikes out there than counterfeit pieces of crap.

But common sense doesn't apply here, right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010

Theft of intellectual property is...theft.
    What is so hard to understand? Maybe people who have never produced anything valuable will never understand.
    Maybe instead of laughing at someone because their fake frame broke, it would be funny to see their fake frame seized, them prosecuted for buying it, and the makers prosecuted for making them.
    Kilo, you claim to be former NBA? How would you feel if there was free reign to fake NBA merchandise and pirate NBA broadcasts? That would take a big bite out of revenue and salaries wouldn't it? But you'd be okay with it because it piracy is no big deal, right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by config View Post
    Kilo7 - don't take this wrong but this particular forum brings out the best of people. You have to be "all in" with them, don't offer any observations, disagreements, or opinions non in-line with theirs especially if you want to fit in. Kind of reminds me of high school;-)
    Thanks Config, had to be thick skinned playing sports, this is entertaining, not here to judge anyone's way of expressing themselves or their feeling toward me, people have a right to their opinion , no worries, I got in a nice 50 mile ride with some cool people today, weather was a nice 55 degrees. Looking forward to another one tomorrow. mentoring kids and helping people is a nice passion I have, makes it kind of hard to take this personal...lol. be safe on the road, and enjoy the week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post

Theft of intellectual property is...theft.
    What is so hard to understand? Maybe people who have never produced anything valuable will never understand.
    Maybe instead of laughing at someone because their fake frame broke, it would be funny to see their fake frame seized, them prosecuted for buying it, and the makers prosecuted for making them.
    Kilo, you claim to be former NBA? How would you feel if there was free reign to fake NBA merchandise and pirate NBA broadcasts? That would take a big bite out of revenue and salaries wouldn't it? But you'd be okay with it because it piracy is no big deal, right?
    I said ex pro athlete/NBA, and that was to explain why I love cycling, its a close as i'm going to get to the rush I used to have. I never said it wasn't wrong, I just said there a lot of emotions build up about it. It does make for a great topic/discussion, I just added my 2 cents..just trying to participate. I also would not have a problem with item being seized. As far as merchandise goes with any sports, do you know how many fake jerseys, caps, sweats, tee shirts there are, from soccer, basketball, football and Cycling. I just don't get too bent out of shape over it. I have more friends that have lost even more money from prated/stolen music, lets be honest, anyone here download music and apps for free...hmmm...just saying. FYI , I like your idea of the frame being seized. if the companies want to play the game, they have to pay the price, and that goes for the consumers as well. I'm just trying not to judge every delinquent behavior. As I stated before, I fell in love with the Pinarello, because I saw a 62cm frame that looked awesome and it might just work for my size, This is how I stumbled onto this site, I actually never knew they made fakes (and I'm still not interested in a fake one). The funny thing is, there are a lot of people that are becoming educated on that fake Pinarello exist, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Kilo7; 01-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I said ex pro athlete/NBA, and that was to explain why I love cycling, its a close as i'm going to get to the rush I used to have. I never said it wasn't wrong, I just said there a lot of emotions build up about it. It does make for a great topic/discussion, I just added my 2 cents..just trying to participate. I also would not have a problem with item being seized. As far as merchandise goes with any sports, do you know how many fake jerseys, caps, sweats, tee shirts there are, from soccer, basketball, football and Cycling. I just don't get too bent out of shape over it. I have more friends that have lost even more money from prated/stolen music, lets be honest, anyone here download music and apps for free...hmmm...just saying. FYI , I like your idea of the frame being seized. if the companies want to play the game, they have to pay the price, and that goes for the consumers as well. I'm just trying not to judge every delinquent behavior. As I stated before, I fell in love with the Pinarello, because I saw a 62cm frame that looked awesome and it might just work for my size, This is how I stumbled onto this site, I actually never knew they made fakes (and I'm still not interested in a fake one). The funny thing is, there are a lot of people that are becoming educated on that fake Pinarello exist, which is a shame.
    Just so you know... we can see what it said before you edited it.
    2012 Specialized Tarmac Expert SL3 |
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    no worries, I just looked and I did say NBA, that's why I edited it. Geez

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    The main problem is with fakes, trying to misrepresent something that is not the genuine product. If you wanted to make fake pinarellos fine, but dont call it a pinarello and associate it with an established brand. I havent seen another cyclist riding a fake Pinarello but if i did, i would be pissed and yes i would look down on them if they rode next to me. Why? Because they are a poseur.

If i didnt go to harvard, why would i buy a fake harvard diploma and ride around town with the fake diploma displayed all over my car? Its the same thing. Make up a fake diploma of something else thats not real. Dont associate with an existing, established brand with a reputation. If you cant afford the real thing, you simply dont buy it. There are tons of other great brands and models around besides Pinarello.

And this goes with all counterfeit products....Dont buy them! When you buy them you are supporting the illigal manufacuring of these goods and hurting the genuine company of their sales and their image. Plus when you buy, it fuels them to keep producing these illegal products. If you dont buy it, they are less likely to keep making counterfeit products that dont sell.

Being a nice person and a cool cyclist has nothing to do with any of this. Anyone supporting this no matter how nice they are shouldnt be purchasing these fake goods. Very simple
    2010 Pinarello Dogma 60.1
    2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuitton View Post
    The main problem is with fakes, trying to misrepresent something that is not the genuine product. If you wanted to make fake pinarellos fine, but dont call it a pinarello and associate it with an established brand. I havent seen another cyclist riding a fake Pinarello but if i did, i would be pissed and yes i would look down on them if they rode next to me. Why? Because they are a poseur.

If i didnt go to harvard, why would i buy a fake harvard diploma and ride around town with the fake diploma displayed all over my car? Its the same thing. Make up a fake diploma of something else thats not real. Dont associate with an existing, established brand with a reputation. If you cant afford the real thing, you simply dont buy it. There are tons of other great brands and models around besides Pinarello.

And this goes with all counterfeit products....Dont buy them! When you buy them you are supporting the illigal manufacuring of these goods and hurting the genuine company of their sales and their image. Plus when you buy, it fuels them to keep producing these illegal products. If you dont buy it, they are less likely to keep making counterfeit products that dont sell.

Being a nice person and a cool cyclist has nothing to do with any of this. Anyone supporting this no matter how nice they are shouldnt be purchasing these fake goods. Very simple
    Guys, I said if someone gets caught and loose their bike, I got no problem with it, I never said I supported it, its just how a lot of energy is expending on the topic, and I'm not saying that a bad thing, I just had my views on it, we are not always supposed to agree on topics, that's why its a forum. I have also heard other point of view to make me think of things regarding Pinarello, like where are the original ones fabricated and where are the badge. I never said I was a cool or nice person, I said I have met some cool and nice people from my personal experience riding. Its funny how its seems to be easy to pick out what will cause more debate instead of some of the things I did agree with..smh

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Guys, I said if someone gets caught and loose their bike, I got no problem with it, I never said I supported it, its just how a lot of energy is expending on the topic, and I'm not saying that a bad thing, I just had my views on it, we are not always supposed to agree on topics, that's why its a forum. I have also heard other point of view to make me think of things regarding Pinarello, like where are the original ones fabricated and where are the badge. I never said I was a cool or nice person, I said I have met some cool and nice people from my personal experience riding. Its funny how its seems to be easy to pick out what will cause more debate instead of some of the things I did agree with..smh
    I'm with you Kilo7 but let me ask you something.

If I buy my wife a 'real' Louis Vuitton bag and my kid a 'real' Cinelli bicycle does it give me full rights to use those names? Who's posing and/or how far does the copyright infringement go? This is too funny!

banned
    Aug 2011
    I actually like the RFM201. Can you buy it nude?

One sanctimonious poster here actually writes for livestrong, Is that .com or .org? Talk about RICO violations!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Fake is FAKE
    No need to elaborate further

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-X View Post
    I actually like the RFM201. Can you buy it nude?

One sanctimonious poster here actually writes for livestrong, Is that .com or .org? Talk about RICO violations!
    I'm frankly surprised anyone gives the time of day with all the manner of f*ckery that you prattle on about.

How's that hitman hire coming? You scratch up the pennies to take out your obsession yet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234