Got my first Pinarello, I'm in love!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Got my first Pinarello, I'm in love!

Meet Francesca, my new Pinarello Rokh! She arrived a few days ago, finally got to take her out today! It was a dream of mine to one day own an actual Pinarello. I know she's not top of the line like some of the bikes on here, but she's all mine and I love her! Thanks to everyone for all your advice while I was in the shopping stage!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Congratulations. Very nice bike.

Excuses are for the weak.
    Welcome to the family! Nice looking ride there mate - congrats. Wishing you many years of enjoyment on her.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    nice!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Beautiful! Glad you like it!!!!

I call mine 'The Beast' because it forces me to go go go. ;)

RoadBikeReview Member

Nice color scheme

I've had several new bike over the years so I think I can relate to your happiness. Don't be insulted (and why should you), but are you female? The name Sammy can go either way. I was wondering because women generally have a smaller relationship between the saddle and the handlebar, which is what your bike shows. Most riders will have the seat a little higher than the bar.
    My 1996 Miata is my other "road bike"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bikie View Post
    I've had several new bike over the years so I think I can relate to your happiness. Don't be insulted (and why should you), but are you female? The name Sammy can go either way. I was wondering because women generally have a smaller relationship between the saddle and the handlebar, which is what your bike shows. Most riders will have the seat a little higher than the bar.
    Huh?

If my legs were shorter, I'd have a lower saddle height too. I'm 5'7, inseam 33.5 (almost).
    Saddle height from center of the bottom bracket to top of the saddle 73 cm. And I'm definitely female. ;) The bike is a size 51.5.

Also, the Rokh has a higher head-tube than the Quattro.

Oh, and the ugly white cages are gone. Replaced with sleek red. Though they are only Zefal (non-Velomenatti!!!). But they look great.
    Last edited by aureliajulia; 08-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm so happy for you! You made a great choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Leopold View Post
    Meet Francesca, my new Pinarello Rokh! She arrived a few days ago, finally got to take her out today! It was a dream of mine to one day own an actual Pinarello. I know she's not top of the line like some of the bikes on here, but she's all mine and I love her! Thanks to everyone for all your advice while I was in the shopping stage!
    Congratulations! She is a beauty. :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. I am thrilled! @Bill...I am a male, however, I am 5'8" and about 5' of me is torso, read: I have short legs. Also I like to ride a little lower because where I live, Tampa, FL, it is very dangerous to ride and I like my center of gravity to be a little lower, so I can control the bike a little better when I am trying to be run off the road by drivers. Yes that has happened to me here in Tampa! Also Sammy & Leopold are my cats! ;) @Julia...5'7" and 33.5 inseam? we are opposites, you are all legs! I like the color of your bike! ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. I am thrilled! @Bill...I am a male, however, I am 5'8" and about 5' of me is torso, read: I have short legs. Also I like to ride a little lower because where I live, Tampa, FL, it is very dangerous to ride and I like my center of gravity to be a little lower, so I can control the bike a little better when I am trying to be run off the road by drivers. Yes that has happened to me here in Tampa! Also Sammy & Leopold are my cats! ;) @Julia...5'7" and 33.5 inseam? we are opposites, you are all legs! I like the color of your bike! ;)

Took a long time to figure out my bike fit. Women with long legs generally have shorter arms. I need a long reach and saddle height. So I mix the supposed traits of a mens and women's bike. What size is your bike again? Mine is 51.5. I assume yours is much larger?
    Last edited by aureliajulia; 10-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    nope mine is a 52 and it fits very well!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Hello,
    Me too. I just got this FP Quattro over the weekend and here's a picture of it from my first climb. I love the responsiveness and comfort of this bike.

RoadBikeReview Member

B on B...love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidbshinn View Post
    Hello,
    Me too. I just got this FP Quattro over the weekend and here's a picture of it from my first climb. I love the responsiveness and comfort of this bike.
    Perhaps only another cyclist can relate to the joy of getting a new road bike, especially a Pinarello. It'll be really fun when you go on a group ride and watch the Trek and Cannondale owners drool. There is nothing wrong with either of these bikes, it's just that their not Pinarellos.

If you think your Quatro is responsive now, wait til you get a lighter set of wheels. Is that the easy fit model or regular. Looks like a 53? You can use a couple of bottle cages also. I'd go with black cages with red trim. Surprised the shop didn't throw in a couple.
    Last edited by Bill Bikie; 09-04-2012 at 02:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's a nice looking bike, David! I agree, the responsiveness is amazing, one other thing I have noticed is that I feel a lot more confident on this bike. I am not sure why though? I can lean into turns without breaking, I am now comfortable (and now prefer) riding in the drops, and just feel like this bike is an extension of me. Is this my imagination or is there something in the construction/design of Pinarellos that make me feel this way? Bill, any wheel suggestions? I have been looking at a set of Boyd Cycling Vitesse alloy wheels. Are you familiar with these?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    That's a nice looking bike, David! I agree, the responsiveness is amazing, one other thing I have noticed is that I feel a lot more confident on this bike. I am not sure why though? I can lean into turns without breaking, I am now comfortable (and now prefer) riding in the drops, and just feel like this bike is an extension of me. Is this my imagination or is there something in the construction/design of Pinarellos that make me feel this way?
    Yes yes and yes! But I don't know what causes it. The geometry? Asymmetry? It's stable, responsive, comfortable, and fast. Definitely why I bought it.

I'm looking at custom wheels when I get ready to upgrade. There are several makers that friends have recommended. And you can get a great set for a surprisingly reasonable price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's why I am looking at a set of Boyds...check out their website Boyd Cycling - High Performance Wheels You Can Afford
    They are a company but still small enough to feel custom. I have exchanged several emails with the owner Boyd Johnson, and he answered all of my questions and quickly too. A return email usually only takes a few hours and he answers in detail. The prices seem very reasonable for the weight. Since I don't have the need for carbon wheels, I am very interested in the Vitesse. What are you looking at? What do you think of the Fulcrum 5's that came on the bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bikie View Post
    Perhaps only another cyclist can relate to the joy of getting a new road bike, especially a Pinarello. It'll be really fun when you go on a group ride and watch the Trek and Cannondale owners drool. There is nothing wrong with either of these bikes, it's just that their not Pinarellos.

If you think your Quatro is responsive now, wait til you get a lighter set of wheels. Is that the easy fit model or regular. Looks like a 53? You can use a couple of bottle cages also. I'd go with black cages with red trim. Surprised the shop didn't throw in a couple.
    Thank you for the compliments. Yesterday was my first ride and it was awesome. The shop was willing to throw in some cages, but instead I asked them to drop the price by $100. LOL. I will need to look for some nice black cages.

As for wheels, I'm trying to save up for some Zipp 404's.

Thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I'm sorry Bill. I did not answer your first question. This is a size 53 and not the "easy fit" version. I need to schedule an appointment with the shop to get a fitting done.

Thanks
    Dave

RoadBikeReview Member

Not crazy about the flimsy resin cages

Quote Originally Posted by shinntonic View Post
    I will need to look for some nice black cages. Thank you.
    I'm using the alloy Blackburn style cages. They're light and sturdy, and can be reformed to hold a bottle tighter. And...cheaper!

RoadBikeReview Member

I went with Hed wheels

Quote Originally Posted by aureliajulia View Post
    Yes yes and yes! But I don't know what causes it. The geometry? Asymmetry? It's stable, responsive, comfortable, and fast. Definitely why I bought it.

I'm looking at custom wheels when I get ready to upgrade. There are several makers that friends have recommended. And you can get a great set for a surprisingly reasonable price.
    Steve Hed sold me my first road bike, a Benotto 30+ years ago. Hed Wheels is also located in my home region of Minneapolis ans St. Paul. I went with the Hed Aedennes SL wheels. Not aero, but a tough "classics" style wheel.

Hed is a pioneer in aero technology for bicycles.

There are other wheels that are just as good, maybe better, but I want to support Steve Hed and a local business.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    That's why I am looking at a set of Boyds...check out their website Boyd Cycling - High Performance Wheels You Can Afford
    They are a company but still small enough to feel custom. I have exchanged several emails with the owner Boyd Johnson, and he answered all of my questions and quickly too. A return email usually only takes a few hours and he answers in detail. The prices seem very reasonable for the weight. Since I don't have the need for carbon wheels, I am very interested in the Vitesse. What are you looking at? What do you think of the Fulcrum 5's that came on the bike?
    Thanks for the Boyd's wheel recommendation. I will check out their site. As for the Fulcrum 5's, I think they're OK but nothing special. The other wheelset I'm looking at are the Mavic Kysrium SL.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I've been back to a bike shop four times now, just to look at the same bike/colour. Awesome!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    oh my! she's a beauty

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I will be joining the club soon. I just put a deposit on a 2012 ROKH with Force/Rival in the Movistar colors. Took it for a test ride Saturday, loved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast