New Handle Bars

Thread: New Handle Bars

RoadBikeReview Member

New Handle Bars

They took me so long to install, but i managed to save all the cables and was able to internally route them. I think they look really good with the bike.

Road: Pinarello Paris
    MTB: Mongoose Ontero

RoadBikeReview Member

Your hard work paid off!

Very nice! Looks like the bars are sloping down as they go forward. Interesting that you stopped short with the tabe on the tops. The MOST graphics and logo on the bar is attractive, but I chose to cover up most of it with the Gator Skins (see pix). This makes riding on the tops more comfortable. I like to move my hands around.

Too bad Pinarello didn't design the graphics so it would show even with more bar wrap.
    The seat tube is this way also. Most bikes have a sloping top tube so most of the logo on the seat tube shows well. Pinos have an almost flat bar, so the logo gets cut off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 1996 Miata is my other "road bike"

RoadBikeReview Member
    The bars have a great fell to them, its absolutely stunning. After looking at many pictures of the talons i decided that the majority of people only tape up to the logo, so thats what i did. With gloves i still can ride with my hands on top of the bars no problem, and the flat surface make "invisible aerobar"'ing easy. The thing about pinarellos, though some logos may be covered up they make up with the other 15 logos on the frame hah.

Pinarellos are a really stunning bikes to look at, there is a sense of raw beauty built into them.

Think you saw my Miata in the background. . . great car.

RoadBikeReview Member

Two great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by martinrm View Post
    The bars have a great fell to them, its absolutely stunning. After looking at many pictures of the talons i decided that the majority of people only tape up to the logo, so thats what i did. With gloves i still can ride with my hands on top of the bars no problem, and the flat surface make "invisible aerobar"'ing easy. The thing about pinarellos, though some logos may be covered up they make up with the other 15 logos on the frame hah.

Pinarellos are a really stunning bikes to look at, there is a sense of raw beauty built into them.

Think you saw my Miata in the background. . . great car.
    Actually where you stoped your tape looks great. I just prefer a bit more padding on the bar. And Pinarellos are great bikes, but they're not for everyone. Some of the high end models are pretty quick and responsive.

Almost every other bike out there has a sloping top tube, and the manufacturers can get away with small, medium, and large frames The Pino's is horizontal with a slight arch. As a result there needs to be a wide variety of sizes available and this may boost the costs a little on a Pino. I don't care, I'll pay the price for a frame that doesn't look like everything else. My next favorite frame is the Focus...cool!

I re-visited your site and did notice a first generation Miata in the last pix. The first generation Miatas are called NA's, the second NB's and so on. Mine is a '96 base white with 105,000 miles.

A Pinarello and a Miata! Your life is good.
    Last edited by Bill Bikie; 08-23-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    My 1996 Miata is my other "road bike"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Beautiful bike! And those HB's look perfect. Are they the bars with integrated stem? Or separate? I haven't found those MOst bars with the ergo drops. LIKE!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aureliajulia View Post
    Beautiful bike! And those HB's look perfect. Are they the bars with integrated stem? Or separate? I haven't found those MOst bars with the ergo drops. LIKE!
    Integrated stem + Integrated cable routing. . . which made then a pain to install, but it was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bikie View Post

I re-visited your site and did notice a first generation Miata in the last pix. The first generation Miatas are called NA's, the second NB's and so on. Mine is a '96 base white with 105,000 miles.

A Pinarello and a Miata! Your life is good.
    Mines a 94' NA 2 w/ 1.8L engine (same as yours i think) with 114k, and has recently gotten a complete makeover. For the past 2 weeks i have compounded the body of the car, painted the valve cover and intake manifold, painted various other brackets in the engine, reupholstered the seats, Installed a new radio and speakers, did a complete detailing of the inside. She really is my car now, and it looks great. . especially in the engine bay.

When im not a bike guy im a car guy.
    Last edited by martinrm; 08-23-2012 at 05:27 PM.