New Pinarello Dogma 2011 Naked Red Silver - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SteelSix
    May 2011
    apologies to all for the spelling mistake - DOGMA

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Mate, nice discription of a scary moment. I'm far less able than you . . . I usually hit the breaks at 50k's, especially as I'm 45 and really want to hit 46! Am starting to do 20k early morning rides before the traffic takes control here. We have bike lanes but our version of the Aussie bogan is the Renault van driving tradesman from France whho is usually talking on his mobile, smoking a Gauloise and thumbing a copy of the local rag.
    One question. I'm putting the dogma in the back of the 4wd this week end and need to take down the post. Any tricks to the collar on the Pinarello? I think its a 4nm bolt, but reckon you'll tell me 3.6 - 3.8 is plenty. Before this in carbon I only had the BMC which comes with a very dinky single bolt system (one twist and you're set).

SteelSix
    May 2011

dont have the collar too tight

"Mate, nice discription of a scary moment. I'm far less able than you . . . I usually hit the breaks at 50k's, especially as I'm 45 and really want to hit 46! Am starting to do 20k early morning rides before the traffic takes control here. We have bike lanes but our version of the Aussie bogan is the Renault van driving tradesman from France whho is usually talking on his mobile, smoking a Gauloise and thumbing a copy of the local rag.
    One question. I'm putting the dogma in the back of the 4wd this week end and need to take down the post. Any tricks to the collar on the Pinarello? I think its a 4nm bolt, but reckon you'll tell me 3.6 - 3.8 is plenty. Before this in carbon I only had the BMC which comes with a very dinky single bolt system (one twist and you're set). "

See attached photo - I have had it at 3nm and have had no problems - I ride the hell out of it and I am not a light rider so you will be fine. just dont forget to mark your seat height with tape before you take it out. Enjoy your rides, are you getting more used to the set up yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSix View Post
    "Mate, nice discription of a scary moment. I'm far less able than you . . . I usually hit the breaks at 50k's, especially as I'm 45 and really want to hit 46! Am starting to do 20k early morning rides before the traffic takes control here. We have bike lanes but our version of the Aussie bogan is the Renault van driving tradesman from France whho is usually talking on his mobile, smoking a Gauloise and thumbing a copy of the local rag.
    One question. I'm putting the dogma in the back of the 4wd this week end and need to take down the post. Any tricks to the collar on the Pinarello? I think its a 4nm bolt, but reckon you'll tell me 3.6 - 3.8 is plenty. Before this in carbon I only had the BMC which comes with a very dinky single bolt system (one twist and you're set). "

See attached photo - I have had it at 3nm and have had no problems - I ride the hell out of it and I am not a light rider so you will be fine. just dont forget to mark your seat height with tape before you take it out. Enjoy your rides, are you getting more used to the set up yet?
    You'll love this. I bought a torque wrench from a cycle shop in London. Fantastic set . . . like 20 bits+. One catch . . . only a T25 Torx and I reckon that seatpost is a T20?. So frustrating. Trying to get that bit in a hardware shop in Geneva is zero possibility. French Swiss just shrug their shoulders when I ask. In Zurich I'd get offered some titanium 100+ bit set that you'd have to mortgage your house to buy. So ordered from the UK!

Agree on the 3NM. 2 days of rain has kept me off the bike. Didn't even want to ride the BMC on these roads. I'm such a wimp. So frustrated I booked to go to Alba Italy this w/e. 4 hr drive, but some of the best food and wine in Europe. Downloaded 6 rides from Map my Ride and Garmin. Got a nice 60k ride with a good climb that takes me between the vineyards of Barbaresco and Barolo. Also have a 90k that looks like a marriage breaker! Have convinced the missus and my dog to act as support team and meet me at vineyards on route (spit - don't swallow).

I should have a good idea on setup after this w/e. Weather is predicted as sunny and 14 - 27 c range. Nice.

Enjoy your w/e.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Beautiful bike. My Pinarello, by comparison, looks like something from the dark ages. Now get yourself a new camera so I can really see how nice that thing is!

banned
    Sep 2011
    My dogma naked red silver black 537 is currently being built I can't wait it'll look awsome and yes there are not many around but I'll be riding in Switzerland by lake Geneva I'll post pics soon as it arrives. It took me many months to get the frame from an authorised Pinarello dealer.

Aussie Mike in Geneva

Talking Geneva Riding

Good to welcome another 537 to Geneva. Whats the specs for the build?

Had my first flat on Sunday morning in France. No support team. Managed to top up the tires with my handy CO2 cartridge and nurse it back 20k or so to the Geneva flower clock. Luckily no damage to the Bora's. Drop me a line if you're new to the city or just want a partner to ride with.

banned
    Sep 2011
    Mines coming soon very very soon days now pics up soon this is the best colour scheme I think for a dogma well it's not a dogma its a godam sexy bike black silver red combo

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Cool - you can check out rides I like on Garmin Connect. Did a fantastic 65k ride on the South side on the w/e. One nice 4k climb from Massogny to Ballaison. I was a bit slow and my Heart Rate Monitor was playing games (either that or I was able to maintain a HR of 200+ for 2hours!), but had a ball. Stay in contact.

SteelSix
    May 2011

Cracked Most Talon Bars

see the attached photo.

Cracked Most stem, caught by my LBS (Lifecycle Brisbane) when I dropped it in for a service - being replaced on warranty by bikeforce Bundall - but regardless if it had of broken properly then it could have been tragic very quickly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Oh my . . . . so funny (in an ironic way) you sent this. I was riding on the drops on the w/e and felt flex as I was motoring along. I guess there's a reason that you see most of the team sky guys with old school stems and Alu / steel bars.

Am switching on to some Easton EA 90 SLX clinchers after my recent tubular flats in the wilds of France. Am a little suspicious of the "no weight limit" claims of my LBS (Jean Brun Geneva). Anyone got a comment?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    damn; that looks nasty

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    I always recommend al instead of carbon for stems and bars, the weight savings and cooler looks dont outweight when carbon fails-and the cost.

SteelSix
    May 2011
    the reason I like the carbon bars is they fit my damaged rugby hands a lot better and I dont get sore hands when I ride long distances - i can feel the hardness of the bars on my hands and after about 60k it starts to get annoying - i get none of that with the Most bars

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Geneva View Post
    Any tricks to the collar on the Pinarello? I think its a 4nm bolt, but reckon you'll tell me 3.6 - 3.8 is plenty.
    You should use the packet of carbon friction paste that comes with every Dogma frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Nice, I thought about this colour scheme - love it but could not resist the 613 white in the 2012 Dogma 2 line up. I need to do 5 posts before I can post a thread so I will soon with pics and specs for everyone as my build is now complete.

Cheers
    Mino
    Perth, Western Australia.

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Winter begining here in Geneva. Rode a a short 40k when the weather let up on Sunday). Snow has started in the mountains and my intended ride along Route 9 (Swiss National Network) from Gstaad up the Col du Pillon was cancelled. The road looked great and on a light mountain bike with traffic lights I would have attempted it. I'll try and post some winter riding pictures soon.

wfo
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSix View Post
    Mike

Yeah I found the handling "twitchy" at first but after a few rides it can only be described as telepathic - it responds as you do - once you get used to it and get your seat height right you'll love it.

The bike saved my life the other day - I was going down Mt Coot-tha on my second lap and the wind was blowing up the mountain (a Sunday afternoon). What I hadnt realised was that because I had ridden the bike so much I had worn through all the tread on my maxxis refuse's and they were shiny! This caused me a serious problem when I came around a corner at 70km/h and got hit by a side wind that gave me a serious speed wobble - see the video of Lance Armstrong's shortcut in the tour and the rider (crucify me for not remembering who) who got a massive wobble and went down in front of him - this lasted for 40-50m and I genuinely belive that had the Dowma not been such a stable and responsive bike I would nto have been able to save myself. Suffice to say I went home and replaced the tyres.

Very jealous about your travel plans, I hope you and your wife have a great time - apparently I need a different job!
    Was that rider in front of Lance who "went down" causing Lance to divert across a field been Jose Beloki?

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Hey team. Completed the switch to Easton EA 90 SLX's for winter. Got a good feel for the riding I'll be doing for the next month as it was 4 degrees by the Lake here in Geneva on Saturday.

One sour note on the w/e here - I once again proved I'm a completed idiot by somehow bending my front derailleur while trying to adjust on Sunday. Will now be out of action while "JP" at LBS Jean Brun Geneva gets it back and running smoothly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    I sent my 4 month old Dogma to the LBS for assessment today. There is a crack near the headstem underneath the top tube. A rep from the aussie distributor will have a look next week to ascertain if its covered under warranty. Sigh, can't ride my beloved Dogma for possibly next few weeks. My doggie still looks like new and the 464 colour scheme is simply beautiful.

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Aimhi - great that you share this. Sorry to hear the news? What caused it - general stress or did you hit a bump / get a flat?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minoberi View Post
    Nice, I thought about this colour scheme - love it but could not resist the 613 white in the 2012 Dogma 2 line up. I need to do 5 posts before I can post a thread so I will soon with pics and specs for everyone as my build is now complete.

Cheers
    Mino
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Mino
    Get's some photos posted!
    The 613 is my favorite paint scheme as well.

Pritch

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Hi Mike G, my doggie done about 70kms each weekend for 4 months and the roads here in Brisbane are fairly good. No crash or significant bumps. The bike is immaculately maintained so I was very surprised to find a crack ( when I was cleaning the bike ). I read about cracked Prince frames in other threads but never a Dogma. The bike is currently at LBS to take photos/ inspection so I am still waiting for the LBS to get back to me regarding warranty but I am a bit apprehensive about riding a cracked frame. Its now back to my old Giant bike for the time being.

tghammering
    Aug 2012

Glad to join

Hi, new to this forum not to road racing. My favorite ride continues to change/morph get faster. Does anybody know if Pinarello did any good at this year's TDF? Look forward to gaining new info. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tgcameron View Post
    Hi, new to this forum not to road racing. My favorite ride continues to change/morph get faster. Does anybody know if Pinarello did any good at this year's TDF? Look forward to gaining new info. Thanks!
    Umm....yes they did good...Bradley Wiggins won on a Pinarello Dogma in this year's TdF. Hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast