New Pinarello Dogma 2011 Naked Red Silver
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SteelSix
    May 2011

New Pinarello Dogma 2011 Naked Red Silver

Hi Guys,

The point of this post is to make a first post and to give people some better shots of this paint scheme, which I had real trouble finding anywhere on the net.

Just bought my amazing new Pinarello Dogma 2011 in Naked/Red/Silver. Specs are full SR11, Fulcrum Racing Zero's, Most Talon's and Fizik Arione (ultegra pedals). Full weight including pedals, cages and computer mounts comes to 7.55kg.

Attached are some crappy shots I took on my iPhone late one afternoon to give an idea of the awesomeness lol, I will post better shots once I get a some daylight hours to shoot in.

By way of history I have come from a Specialized Roubaix Pro 2008 with 2010 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheels and before that a 2007 Bianchi Via Nirone.

It took a while for all the parts to come in so I spent a lot of time reading I think every review in english about the bike I could and I just didnt believe it could be as good as everyone was saying. Phrases such as "magic carpet ride" kept surfacing and as a lifelong cinic I thought it was people who had just dropped a lot of cash justifying their purchase..... boy was I happy to be as wrong as I am.

I am in no way a fast or competitive rider but I love my bikes and I have been on road bikes for about 11 years. The handling is smoother than the Roubaix over rough terrain and I am left fresher after a ride (107KG, 183cm tall and Rugby Union background so damaged hands). It is also amazingly smooth and the power transfer is almost scary in how instant it is oh and speaking of things that are scary and instant, the handling and cornering is simply telepathic, I am taking corners I have been taking for years with much more speed and confidence.

I have only done about 150km so far so this is a bit of an early review, but I plan to take it up some local mountains, Coot-tha, Nebo and Glorious come to mind over the next few weeks so I will give a better review then and post some good high resolution shots in the next week.

The current shots don't really do the bike justice as the naked black just looks black and the "diamond" finish doesnt look as good.

Anyway over to the comments, would love to hear from others on their experiences with the Dogma.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    SICK!! Very nice!

SteelSix
    May 2011
    same to you scarab how do the Reynolds wheels go?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Very nice! Is that a 56cm?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Congrats on the Bike and color/combo. If you search you can find some very good Color 537 photo's on the net. IMO 537 is the best aside from the BOB.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    You're not doing this bike any justice. With all the money you just spent, spend some more and buy a DSLR and take some real photos ;-)

SteelSix
    May 2011
    Smith: yes it is a 56 cm - I am 183cm and my legs are a little short for my height and it fits me perfectly, make sure you get sized professionally if you're going to get one.

Terrain: I agree the BOB is very sexy, and if I could have afforded Cosmic Carbone Ultimate's as well I would have gone with that! Then again BOB doesnt quite have the wank factor that you want when dropping 11K on a bike, thats just me

Config: Agreed! i have an ok camera, I will take some good shots after my ride on Saturday and post them then

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSix View Post
    Smith: yes it is a 56 cm - I am 183cm and my legs are a little short for my height and it fits me perfectly, make sure you get sized professionally if you're going to get one.

Terrain: I agree the BOB is very sexy, and if I could have afforded Cosmic Carbone Ultimate's as well I would have gone with that! Then again BOB doesnt quite have the wank factor that you want when dropping 11K on a bike, thats just me

Config: Agreed! i have an ok camera, I will take some good shots after my ride on Saturday and post them then
    Good Point... I did bling with my first Pin a Prince Spanish Champion. Just heard from the lbs that my 537 will be shipped by the end of this week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Awesome looking bike. And you haven't even started riding the hills. You will love it.

SteelSix
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by terrain View Post
    Good Point... I did bling with my first Pin a Prince Spanish Champion. Just heard from the lbs that my 537 will be shipped by the end of this week.
    nice! what kit are you getting with it?

I had to wait a month for the Most bars after everything else was in - there are shipping delays out of europe at the moment ... so patience might be a virtue

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    nice! what kit are you getting with it?

I had to wait a month for the Most bars after everything else was in - there are shipping delays out of europe at the moment ... so patience might be a virtue
    Same setup as the Prince .. sr11, bora ultra,s most bars. Frame is shipping from the US distributer Gita so hopefully next week will be pickup time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congrats. I picked up my Dogma (same color scheme) in Oct 2010. I haven't seen too many others on the road. Here's some pics showing the color better from my earlier post.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=228649

Enjoy the ride!
    Kokopelli Racing

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    same to you scarab how do the Reynolds wheels go?
    Loving them so far... And the roads around here aren't all that 'smooth'. LOL.

Dying to get back on it... the spinning trainer at the gym is kinda bringing me down. Cali rain in JUNE?!?!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    nice bike but the saddle bag needs to go...

RoadBikeReview Member
    looks great, i really need to get a MOST talon bar
    Ride More Talk Less
    - Caletti Cycles Custom Steel
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

SteelSix
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    looks great, i really need to get a MOST talon bar
    yeah the most bar is great - so comfortable, especially when climbing with your hands near the stem - definently worth the money if you ahve a pinarello or just want to bling your bike. Fortunately my hands and geometry suit the most bar so I understand why some people cant have one - but they are fantastic

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Just back from Treviso after picking up a similar Dogma from the Pinarello team. Everyone really nice. Giovanni himself came out to watch my final fitting. Great trip. Worth doing if you fancy feeling very special.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Nice bike! I tried to get Dogma in similiar colour but they do not have one in my size. I got the 464 instead and now waiting for my bike to arrive ... I will take the bike up Cootha /Nebo too that's for sure ! And no , there is no Tour de France in me... I just like cycling ... cheers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Yay another Pinarello Dogma owner! Welcome to the club. Nothing beats the overall ride quality of the Dogma.
    2010 Pinarello Dogma 60.1
    2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuitton View Post
    Yay another Pinarello Dogma owner! Welcome to the club. Nothing beats the overall ride quality of the Dogma.
    You know what I found interesting at Pinarello? Massimo in the fitting area set me slightly lower (Seat height etc.) in the bike than I am used to. Can't work out yet what I think about it. My LBS here in Switzerland set me up a lot higher on my old BMC frame. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have a a couple of 60 - 80k rides this w/e on which to test it out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuitton View Post
    Thanks LV. I am keen to test the bike and fingers crossed it will be a positive experience.

SteelSix
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimhi View Post
    Nice bike! I tried to get Dogma in similiar colour but they do not have one in my size. I got the 464 instead and now waiting for my bike to arrive ... I will take the bike up Cootha /Nebo too that's for sure ! And no , there is no Tour de France in me... I just like cycling ... cheers
    Ha ha I had the reverse, they didnt have 464 so I got mine I've been up Coot-tha a good few times now and the thing hammers, it just feels so smooth and fast (well comparatively with me on it).

SteelSix
    May 2011
    So how did you rides go? what did you think of the revised height? bike fit is such an individual thing that changes as you do, flexability etc...

I'm so jealous you got to go and do that, could it be argued that the guys at Pinarello know how to fit their own bikes?

I also have to agree with Louis - it is truly an amzing machine - soaks up bumps better than my Specialized Roubaix and it is faster than the pure race bikes I have ridden and I have done a couple of century rides on it and it is great and leaves me relatively fresh (for a ride that long).

I have a ride from Brisbane to Malaney (mountain top) in a few weeks and its 130k each way with proper mountains in between so I will give a real review then and hopefully have some great photo's taken with a proper camera this time.

Great to hear everyone is loving their Dogma's - I havent read a single bad review

Aussie Mike in Geneva
    Hi - interesting ride (BTW - am an Aussie living in Switzerland) . . . only got to do a quick 55k Saturday as Sunday rain killed the 70k plan. I felt very compact on the bike. Couple of nice medium ranked hills gave me a chance to get a better feel for things. One change I did make was to reposition my cleats before the ride. I think the minor change had some effect as the compact nature of the ride may have just changed the power point slightly on the ball of my foot. Magnificent morning here and my riding partner absolutely left me standing a few times due to fitness differential (he was on Magnesium frame). Love the campy SC11. Frame very twitchy. Need another couple of rides before playing with seat height.
    I have a plan to do the Tour du Lac (170k's) here when my wife goes to Italy for a couple of days next week.

SteelSix
    May 2011
    Mike

Yeah I found the handling "twitchy" at first but after a few rides it can only be described as telepathic - it responds as you do - once you get used to it and get your seat height right you'll love it.

The bike saved my life the other day - I was going down Mt Coot-tha on my second lap and the wind was blowing up the mountain (a Sunday afternoon). What I hadnt realised was that because I had ridden the bike so much I had worn through all the tread on my maxxis refuse's and they were shiny! This caused me a serious problem when I came around a corner at 70km/h and got hit by a side wind that gave me a serious speed wobble - see the video of Lance Armstrong's shortcut in the tour and the rider (crucify me for not remembering who) who got a massive wobble and went down in front of him - this lasted for 40-50m and I genuinely belive that had the Dowma not been such a stable and responsive bike I would nto have been able to save myself. Suffice to say I went home and replaced the tyres.

Very jealous about your travel plans, I hope you and your wife have a great time - apparently I need a different job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast