Pinarello Galileo 2006 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dec 2005
    Thanks for all the good feedback on this bike. My LBS has a 2007 Gal 105 sitting in the window calling my name. I talked to the owner, and since I am in Japan they don't have any Gal Ulltegras on island and they are very hard to come by, he said that he would swap everything out to full Ultegra including the crank. I will also be replacing the bars, stem and seat post with lighter parts. The price should come out to $2200-2400 depending on the misc parts.

Stalter
    06 Felt F55 Racing Rig
    06 TNI Carbon Tri Rig

Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal, suck it up and be a Marine!

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    stalter,

That will be a great deal, I bought an Ultegra Gal with these upgrades:
    Shimano Compact cranks
    Ultegra BB
    Kestrel EMS Pro carbon bars
    Easton EC 70 post
    Selle Italia saddle
    Bontrager Race Lite wheels
    Vittoria Rubino Pro tires
    Arundel Trident Carbon Fiber Bottle Cage
    The only MOst componant left is the stem.
    Wheighs 18.84 including SPD-SL 5500 pedals on the bike shop scale.
    Came to about $2,750. Great bike, I love it.

Eric

May 2006
    ive had my pinarello galileo 105 for about 3 months now - very impressive bike . i had to swap out the most seat and seatpost ( the most seatpost has a set back and offset and the seat is horrible) - to a thomson and a fizik arione .i also replaced the wheelset to my old reliable neuvations .
    i bought the galileo 105 from randall scott cycles on special $1600 and spent about $150 for the seatpost and the saddle.
    the most seatpost and seat are very heavy . im thinking of swapping out the cranks / or maybe the bar and stem later on. my plan is also to get a campy chorus to put in the pinarello and put the 105 components to my older cannondale bike .

Dec 2005
    I was thinking the same thing about he seat and seat post. Swap it out to a Thompson (have one on my Felt) and to my trusty Specialized BG Alias 155 seat and also swap out the stem to a Thompson.

Good to see an actaul weight. I would like to get it down to around 17.5. I think that would be possible with full Ultegra, thompson bits and a nice light strong wheelset.

Hopefully my wife will suprise me for Christmas...!
    06 Felt F55 Racing Rig
    06 TNI Carbon Tri Rig

Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal, suck it up and be a Marine!

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Dec 2006

New roadbiker

Hi all, i just bought my first roadbike 20'06 pina gal black/white model 2nd hand at a cheap deal. After riding my friends' paris and prince, i just had to get a pinarello.

Did a fit at wrenchscience with the help of another roadie friend:

WS Recommended Sizes
    Frame Size center-to-center: 49 cm
    Frame Size center-to-top: 51 cm
    Overall Reach: 66.00 cm
    Saddle Height: 67.11 cm
    Handlebar Width: 40 cm

The frame is 52cm C-T-T and has a TT of 54cm with 10cm stem. I havent bought shoes/cleats to fully settle the geometry but felt i am SLIGHTLY stretched when in the hoods. The front hub is directly "blocked" by the stem faceplate though when i am in the hoods....i am now in a dilemma as to whether i am better off replacing the off-set Most seatpost (25mm!!!) or get a 10mm shorter stem.

Does the offset seatpost have any advantages in cornering or stable descents etc? My mtb has a straight Thomson and my fit on that bike is perfect. I have done XC for the past 3 years, but road is a totally different discipline, so will appreciate any advice. Thanks

Jul 2002

Relegated to Commuter Bike

My 2006 Galileo (Ultegra equipped) is now a year old with about 3,000 miles. I recently bought a full carbon bike (another brand). Therefore, the Galileo has been relegated to my number 2 bike and is now my main commuter bike. The good thing is that my commuter bikes get 50% or more of my riding time, so I will be spending even more time on the Galileo.

I soon upgraded the weak Shimano 550 wheelset to a Mavic Aksium wheelset which is super strong and bullet proof. I can ride over the lumpy roads on my commute with little worry. The seat was replaced for a more comfortable racing seat. After I wore out the stock tires, I got Kevlar belted puncture resistant tires.

I recently had the rear shifting quality degrade, needing constant attention on the barrel adjuster. A new SRAM cassette and SRAM 10 sp chain did not fix it. New shifter cables and housing helped only a little. What really fixed it was replacing the upper guide pulley on the Ultegra RD with a Performance Forte 11T ball bearing pulley. It now shifts fast and crisp without constant fiddling of the barrel adjuster. The stock Shimano upper pulley has a high friction ceramic bushing that I must have worn out or gummed up.

The Galileo a gorgeous bike for the daily grind. But it makes commuting the best part of my day. Also, I can stare at it propped up next to my office desk and day dream about bicycling. It has held up very well, as the frame is no delicate flower and the new wheels are tough. I don't have to take it easy on the rough sections of the road, I can bomb right on through at full speed. In fact, I am now arriving 5 minutes early to work, which is a weird feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12